PDA

View Full Version : We better win on MNF, or it will be completely hopeless.

Red Dawg
10-01-2004, 08:44 AM
Most of think it's hopeless now but those that don't will join the "Hope is Lost." squad if we lose. Balt and Jax will tough to beat.

jcroft
10-01-2004, 08:47 AM
http://www.captain-obvious.com/

B2chiefsfan
10-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Mock drafts in October. OUCH!!!

Gaz
10-01-2004, 08:49 AM
I will not be joining the “Hope is Lost” clique.

Copy and save this, if you like, but you will never be able to use it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has seen worse times as a Chief fan.

jcroft
10-01-2004, 08:50 AM
I'll never "give up" on winning games. I'll keep watching the games and supporting my team. But, I do believe if we lose this game, hope is extrodinarly slim for any playoff berth.

ChiTown
10-01-2004, 08:55 AM
I will not be joining the “Hope is Lost” clique.

Copy and save this, if you like, but you will never be able to use it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has seen worse times as a Chief fan.

Yep.

1982 or 1983 Chargers vs Chiefs. It was a Thursday night game at Arrowhead and we had something like 58K fans. I was still a season ticket holder back then. I remember looking at my brother and stating "this is a pretty good crowd tonight....."

MichaelH
10-01-2004, 09:01 AM
If we have a losing season, we won't have to worry about winning or losing on Monday night next year. :(

When I saw the TV schedule for this season, I was very happy since I live in Pantherland. I don't ever remember being able to see the Chiefs on national TV or in primetime so much.

Gaz
10-01-2004, 09:06 AM
During the Martyball days, I cringed if the game depended on the Offense.

In the Vermeil era, I cringe if the game depends on the Defense.

Plus ça change…

xoxo~
Gaz
Done more than his fair share of cringing over the years.

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 09:06 AM
If we lose this week, the best we can hope for is 12-4.

Mark M
10-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Yep.

1982 or 1983 Chargers vs Chiefs. It was a Thursday night game at Arrowhead and we had something like 58K fans. I was still a season ticket holder back then. I remember looking at my brother and stating "this is a pretty good crowd tonight....."

I remember seeing 30,000 a number of times during the 80's and thinking it was a good crowd ...

Ahhh ... those were'nt the days.

MM
~~:arrow:

PastorMikH
10-01-2004, 09:16 AM
I've been starting to wonder if losing the first 3 may not be the best thing for us. True, we need a W this week. But looking back to last year, after the 9 wins, it seemed like the Chiefs just sorta expected the games to go their way regardless of what happened - sorta got a little to arrogant out there if you will. I'm hoping that the 0-3 start will open their eyes and show them that they have to work their tails off all week long if they want to win. I think if we had started off strong again this year, there could have been the let down again. Now, they will have to push for every game like it's the end of the season and hopefully that can give them the edge then need to get some momentum built up and keep it built up into the playoffs.

jcroft
10-01-2004, 09:17 AM
If we lose this week, the best we can hope for is 12-4.

Thanks for doing the math on that for us. I was trying to figure it out myself, but it was just too complicated. I really didn't have the time. Much appericated.

KCTitus
10-01-2004, 09:20 AM
Didnt you get the memo in March?

[someone is slow in checking their email]

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 09:20 AM
Thanks for doing the math on that for us. I was trying to figure it out myself, but it was just too complicated. I really didn't have the time. Much appericated.

The trick is to take the current number of losses, subtract them from 16, and add the remainder to the win column. Once you figure out that pattern, it's really pretty easy.

KCTitus
10-01-2004, 09:22 AM
The trick is to take the current number of losses, subtract them from 16, and add the remainder to the win column. Once you figure out that pattern, it's really pretty easy.

That's some fantsy pants cipherin' there...

ChiTown
10-01-2004, 09:23 AM
I've been starting to wonder if losing the first 3 may not be the best thing for us. True, we need a W this week. But looking back to last year, after the 9 wins, it seemed like the Chiefs just sorta expected the games to go their way regardless of what happened - sorta got a little to arrogant out there if you will. I'm hoping that the 0-3 start will open their eyes and show them that they have to work their tails off all week long if they want to win. I think if we had started off strong again this year, there could have been the let down again. Now, they will have to push for every game like it's the end of the season and hopefully that can give them the edge then need to get some momentum built up and keep it built up into the playoffs.

For the life of me, I'll never understand this type of thinking. The statistical odds of making the playoffs after you start 0-3 are not good at all. This isn't a team that has a next year, IMO. This particular team may be done after this year, and couldl be in a rebuilding mode for a couple of years before we can be playoff ready again.

So no, we needed a strong start this year, and certainly can't afford being 0-2 at Arrowhead to start the season. Sorry, but I think you are waaaaaaaaay off on this one.

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 09:24 AM
That's some fantsy pants cipherin' there...

Yes, some of you may wish to use a pencil and paper, or perhaps set up a spreadsheet on your computer.

KCTitus
10-01-2004, 09:34 AM
For the life of me, I'll never understand this type of thinking. The statistical odds of making the playoffs after you start 0-3 are not good at all. This isn't a team that has a next year, IMO. This particular team may be done after this year, and couldl be in a rebuilding mode for a couple of years before we can be playoff ready again.

So no, we needed a strong start this year, and certainly can't afford being 0-2 at Arrowhead to start the season. Sorry, but I think you are waaaaaaaaay off on this one.

I would tend to agree...but after last years start I say screw the statistics...prior to the loss to cincy I remember seeing the statistical 'guarantee' that KC was in the SB.

yakkyakk
10-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Ray Lewis and that Baltimore D against the Chiefs sputtering offense is like a wounded deer against a hungry lion. We'll also find out about this great great Chiefs run defense in the Houston game whether that was legit or not, cause their gonna get plenty of Jamal Lewis.

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Ray Lewis and that Baltimore D against the Chiefs sputtering offense is like a wounded deer against a hungry lion. We'll also find out about this great great Chiefs run defense in the Houston game whether that was legit or not, cause their gonna get plenty of Jamal Lewis.

Our only hope is for Ray to get arrested for attempted murder before the game. I know it's a long shot, but hey, it's happened before.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Our only hope is for Ray to get arrested for attempted murder before the game. I know it's a long shot, but hey, it's happened before.

I offer myself as a sacrifice.

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 11:14 AM
I offer myself as a sacrifice.

You will be richly rewarded in the afterlife, noble one.

PastorMikH
10-01-2004, 11:23 AM
For the life of me, I'll never understand this type of thinking.

Chi, I wouldn't want to plan this way going into the season. I am merely looking at how this beginning could put some motivation into this team. I really think the play dropped off towards the second half of last season (9-0 then losing 3 of the next 4 - one of which to Cincinati). Now they know they can't take any games for granted. These are the same guys that know they did better than this last season and I think they can rise to the occasion. The coaching staff and front office are due a reality check as much as anyone.

Or I guess instead of looking for something positive, I could go the route of since we started off 0-3 we might as well plan on who we are going to select with the first pick of the 2005 draft. Shoot, we might as well bench Trent, Priest, and Tony Gonzales and save them for next year if this season is over. I'm not willing to go that route - I'm hoping that this lightes a fresh fire under their butts and they make a push and allow the momentum to take them through the playoffs to a parade in downtown KC and a trip to Disney for Green.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2004, 11:25 AM
You will be richly rewarded in the afterlife, noble one.

ATTEMPTED murder. At the last second Rain Man swoops in and saves me while the cameras are rolling.

PastorMikH
10-01-2004, 11:27 AM
ATTEMPTED murder. At the last second Rain Man swoops in and saves me while the cameras are rolling.

Actually, with attempted murder, the judge would set a bail price and I am sure he could come up with it. In which case he would be out on bail Monday night. Nope, it would probably have to be murder for this plan to work.

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Sorry, but I'm not tangling with Ray Lewis to save you, Jbret. You're on your own.

Calcountry
10-01-2004, 11:29 AM
I am not even thinking of playoffs righ now, just one win. Thats all.

If they don't win this game, it might as well be a road playoff game, then we can all start looking at college prospects and starting mock football drafts before thanksgiving.