PDA

View Full Version : There has been some good music coming out...Anyone listen to the Brian Wilson album?

|Zach|
10-01-2004, 04:28 PM
There has been a lot of really good music coming out as of late. Brian Wilson has finally released an album called "Smile" it is a prject he made years and years and years ago and it has basically been sitting around collecting dust. He and some others put some finishing touches on it and it has been relased. It has some very impressive songs including another version of "Good Vibrations" it really has that old Beach Boys feel.

Mos Def has released two tracks of his new album. The first singles "Sex, Love, and Money" and "Ghetto Rock" are amazing. They have really solid beats that have an old school feel. They really fill up a room. They have great lyrics as do all of his work.

Tears for Fears has reunited and released a new album with a much more grown up sound that has been produced very well and is enjoyable to listen to.

The Strokes have released a new song called "The End Has No End" that has a chorus that just draws you in. They do something really special but I don't know what it is. I just love listening to their work.

Demonpenz
10-01-2004, 04:30 PM
brian wilson finally got his ass out of bed?

|Zach|
10-01-2004, 04:32 PM
brian wilson finally got his ass out of bed?
Ya he has a lot of problems...seems like he is still working to deal with them.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2004, 05:15 PM
I ordered this yesterday:

http://valley-entertainment.com/Artists/NFL_Films_Music/

http://valley-entertainment.com/images/Links/295-autumnthunder.jpg

|Zach|
10-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Wow, that looks pretty cool.

Demonpenz
10-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Does it come with an avitar?

Hammock Parties
10-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Does it come with an avitar?

F*ck you.

Skip Towne
10-01-2004, 06:15 PM
F*ck you.
Great comeback.

teedubya
10-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Jbret has to be under 15 years old... has anyone confirmed this?

Sure-Oz
10-01-2004, 07:38 PM
I think he is old enough to drive, i remmeber back in the day he posted his pimp ride.

CosmicPal
10-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I've heard some good things about "Smile" and I look forward to hearing it.

Ironically, even after all these years, Pet Sounds is still in my playing rotation. Pet Sounds is simply an incredibly profound musical ride. I heard "Smile" was attempted around this same time- so, I do look forward to hearing it...

|Zach|
10-01-2004, 08:45 PM
If you like Pet Sounds then you will LOVE Smile.

CosmicPal
10-19-2004, 02:13 PM
If you like Pet Sounds then you will LOVE Smile.

Man, you can see how the Beatles were certainly influenced by the music of Brian Wilson. I've heard how Pet Sounds inspired the Beatles with the projects beginning with Sgt. Peppers and you can hear some of Pet Sounds, but if you listen to Smile- it's a freakin trip way back into time.

Zach, man this album is awesome! It's playful, it's psychedelic, it's moving in one direction one time and then suddenly you're in a different space of music. The version of "You Are My Sunshine" is freakin' haunting as sh*t.

This is some trippy stuff...children would love this album. Smile is like some wacko fairy tale with a lot of strange, yet lovely music. I love it!

Lzen
10-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Here's what I just got.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6780963&style=music&frm=lk_itchy

Lzen
10-19-2004, 02:22 PM
oh yeah, I don't think that price can possibly be right. I paid 35 bucks for my set of 2 dvds and 3 cds.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2004, 02:22 PM
I called Toby Keith many bad names on Saturday. In person. Most of which I can not repeat without invoking the word censor.

Lzen
10-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Ok, lemme get this straight. Isn't Toby Keith some country singer? If so, what were you, of all people, doing at his show?

Taco John
10-19-2004, 03:14 PM
oh yeah, I don't think that price can possibly be right. I paid 35 bucks for my set of 2 dvds and 3 cds.

Sorry to hear that. I just bought it for $7.99...

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-19-2004, 03:24 PM
I highly suggest Velvet Revolver's "Contraband" for you rockers....and Switchfoot's "The Beautiful Letdown" for you melodic pop-rock fans.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-19-2004, 03:26 PM
I called Toby Keith many bad names on Saturday. In person. Most of which I can not repeat without invoking the word censor.
Toby Keith is wasting more space and more perfectly good air than any other person on earth.

tk13
10-19-2004, 03:28 PM
I like that new Bruce Hornsby song "Gonna be some changes made"....

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-19-2004, 03:31 PM
I dunno.... I breathe pretty heavy sometimes.
The only person who may be wasting a comparable amount of space and air that the rest of us could be using might be Tim McGraw..... what a pos.

MOhillbilly
10-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Tears for Fears has reunited and released a new album with a much more grown up sound that has been produced very well and is enjoyable to listen to.

Fag music.....or David. music.

When are the Georgia Satelites gettin back together?

|Zach|
10-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Fag music.....or David. music.

When are the Georgia Satelites gettin back together?
Nah...all kinds of good stuff in there...you have to ejoy the little things in life...

|Zach|
10-19-2004, 03:46 PM
You have to go beyond the singles and spend some time with the Elemental album.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Ok, lemme get this straight. Isn't Toby Keith some country singer? If so, what were you, of all people, doing at his show?
Toby Keith is a suckass country singer. I wasn't at his show, I was at the KSU-OU game. He is a fuggin OU fan, so me, and many other drunken students, decided to berate him. It was quite the time.

|Zach|
10-19-2004, 03:50 PM
No, I don't.
On their new album there is a song that is based on having sex with young college aged girls...if it makes ya feel any better...

Saulbadguy
10-19-2004, 03:53 PM
I don't have anything against Toby Keith, but I can definitely appreciate drunken heckling of celebrity fans of the opposing team.
JR, from the WWF, was there too.

|Zach|
10-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Actually, I find that having sex with young college aged girls makes me feel better.
ROFL

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Toby Keith is a suckass country singer. I wasn't at his show, I was at the KSU-OU game. He is a fuggin OU fan, so me, and many other drunken students, decided to berate him. It was quite the time.
Well done... rep for you since I can again.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Duran Duran is out with a new cd too and the first single "Sunrise" is doing very well.

Lzen
10-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. I just bought it for $7.99...

Holy crap, I just gained a whole new respect for you. So, have you recieved it yet or are you waiting for the shipment to come? I'm wondering why they lowered the price like that after just one week. There is a factory defect on the dvd where the bass goes out on New Millenium. Something to do with 5.1 surround sound. Supposedly, you can get a new dvd by sending an email to the company. It's on Portnoy's website.

Lzen
10-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Bump for Taco to read. I'm still curious about whether you ordered online and if you've received yours yet, Taco John. BTW, here is the defective dvd announcement on Mike Portnoy's site.

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.asp?m=636943&mpage=1&key=