PDA

View Full Version : Blue M&Ms are what's wrong with the world today.

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 05:53 PM
I just opened up my M&Ms, and it never ceases to make me angry that the tan ones were replaced. No more solid, quiet, respectful tan, oh, no. We're going to go with bright blue, and hot pink, and purple. Purple! That's what wrong with the world today. The tans of the world are overlooked, ignored, and trod upon after years of faithful service while everyone oohs and ahs over the shallow flash of pinks and purples. I want justice, people! I want tan!

Dave Lane
10-01-2004, 05:56 PM
I just opened up my M&Ms, and it never ceases to make me angry that the tan ones were replaced. No more solid, quiet, respectful tan, oh, no. We're going to go with bright blue, and hot pink, and purple. Purple! That's what wrong with the world today. The tans of the world are overlooked, ignored, and trod upon after years of faithful service while everyone oohs and ahs over the shallow flash of pinks and purples. I want justice, people! I want tan!

Death to tan! Its the green ones that are the true winners!!

Dave

unlurking
10-01-2004, 05:58 PM
I don't know, I like a little pink with a tan.

Katipan
10-01-2004, 06:09 PM
I don't remember tan m&ms. Is this a male color blindness thing?

http://shop.mms.com/customized/mixer/mixer.asp?UID=

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 06:14 PM
I don't remember tan m&ms. Is this a male color blindness thing?

http://shop.mms.com/customized/mixer/mixer.asp?UID=

They now even deny the very existence of tan! What is the world coming to?!?!?!

And I'll have you know that I'm capable of seeing more colors than even exist. I'm like some sort of color idiot savant.

Tan Forever! Tan for the people!

Skip Towne
10-01-2004, 06:17 PM
They now even deny the very existence of tan! What is the world coming to?!?!?!

And I'll have you know that I'm capable of seeing more colors than even exist. I'm like some sort of color idiot savant.

Tan Forever! Tan for the people!
Do you have evidence that tan ones ever existed?

Donger
10-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Which color causes cancer?

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Do you have evidence that tan ones ever existed?

Don't try to deny it. We all know the honorable legacy of the tan M&M.

Petition to bring back tan M&Ms (http://www.petitiononline.com/TanMM/petition.html)

Poignant poem about the loss of tan M&Ms (http://www.invalid.net/poems/evilmnms.html)

Interview describing the Blue M&M plot vis a vis tan M&Ms (http://www.prolefeed.com/oldschool/master.html)

A theory that evil ostriches are behind the demise of tan M&Ms (http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~morelanj/RAO/prepare1.html)

Mars' conspiracy to convince us that tan was the interloper, not purple. (http://www.mmmars.com/cai/mms/faq.html)

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Which color causes cancer?

Plutonium. It's kind of halfway between purple and a glowing white.

Skip Towne
10-01-2004, 06:36 PM
I remember the tan ones, Rain Man. I remember.
Bah! I need proof.

Katipan
10-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Funny how there is no clear picture of a tan m&m.

Kind of like Bigfoot.

:hmmm:

Hydrae
10-01-2004, 06:53 PM
See, this is why we can never let gays get married. It's bad enough that they had to get their rainbow in our M&M's. What's next, green and blue ketchup?

;)

whoman69
10-01-2004, 07:03 PM
I heard the tan ones got on some Nixon sh!t list and haven't been mentioned since. Do you really want to fight the ghost of Nixon, Rain Man?

whoman69
10-01-2004, 07:04 PM
BTW, I voted for the purple ones but never see them anymore.

KCWolfman
10-01-2004, 08:09 PM
They all taste the same.

You could make them all rot gut puke yellow with flecks of snot green and they would taste no different.

That said, I think they should cancel all M&Ms excluding the almond ones. All others pale in comparison.

KcMizzou
10-01-2004, 08:12 PM
That said, I think they should cancel all M&Ms excluding the almond ones. All others pale in comparison. No doubt. Anything with chocolate and almonds is alright by me.

Skip Towne
10-01-2004, 08:17 PM
They all taste the same.

You could make them all rot gut puke yellow with flecks of snot green and they would taste no different.

That said, I think they should cancel all M&Ms excluding the almond ones. All others pale in comparison.
Wha...they all taste the same? You just lack the fine discriminating taste of an m&m connossieur. Were you raised in the projects?

CosmicPal
10-01-2004, 08:46 PM
I heard of a guy who lived to be a 100 and ate a Twinkie every day of his life.

I don't wish to live to be a 100, therefore I eat M&M's every day of my life.

KcMizzou
10-01-2004, 08:51 PM
My mom used to make me practice taking pills... using M&M's.

She also used to put a few drops of bourbon in my bottle to help me sleep.* The rest is history......

*(Seriously... back then, the doctor reccomended it. These days, you'd be locked up.)

4th and Long
10-01-2004, 08:57 PM
"The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. I liked the new colors so well, I bought the company."

Tan M&M - CEO, Mars Incorporated, M&M Division

Skip Towne
10-01-2004, 09:09 PM
My mom used to make me practice taking pills... using M&M's.

She also used to put a few drops of bourbon in my bottle to help me sleep.* The rest is history......

*(Seriously... back then, the doctor reccomended it. These days, you'd be locked up.)
We were putting booze in the baby's bottle in the 70's. It works as good on them as it does on us.

KcMizzou
10-01-2004, 09:10 PM
We were putting booze in the baby's bottle in the 70's. It works as good on them as it does on us.
Yep... I was born in '74. :thumb:

(I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a drunk now...)

Slayer Diablo
10-01-2004, 10:04 PM
I had always thought of it as light brown, but I remember the tan ones.... I also voted for the Blue, thinking that they were going to be added to the M&M family rather than move in just to kick tan out.

Skip Towne
10-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Yep... I was born in '74. :thumb:

(I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a drunk now...)
Nope, you can't blame it on that. My daughter doesn't drink at all now.

Bowser
10-01-2004, 10:11 PM
I think Rain Man lets his M&M's sit around too long. The tan ones are just really old brown ones.

KcMizzou
10-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Nope, you can't blame it on that. My daughter doesn't drink at all now. Damnit.

listopencil
10-01-2004, 11:43 PM
All M&Ms should be tan. The whole bag. We don't need any other colors than that.

whoman69
10-02-2004, 07:56 AM
All M&Ms should be tan. The whole bag. We don't need any other colors than that.
Tan M & Ms. Everytime I'd look at a bag, I'd think of this guy.

That would weird me out.

cdcox
10-02-2004, 08:10 AM
"The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. I liked the new colors so well, I bought the company."

Tan M&M - CEO, Mars Incorporated, M&M Division

That M&M is naked. Or possibley dark brown. But don't try to pawn him off as tan.

Fan of Tan