PDA

View Full Version : More FFL trade help... 5 man trade

Big Chief Homer
10-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Help guys and gals.i had a good team going into the season then lost mccallister and davis to injury.

I was offered,t.henry,a stecker,falcons and Te D graham

for

S davis,q griffin,joey porter,b williams and redskins.

i think it sucks but what do you guys think heres my team.

Mcnabb
mccallister-hurt
davis-hurt
coles
wayne-had steve smith
b williams
r longwell
redskins

delhomme
suggs
griffin
porter
wheatley
o smith

SoCalRaider
10-01-2004, 08:28 PM
I'd like to help... but I'd need the full names of the players and the teams they play for. I have no idea who joey porter, b.williams, or d graham are... and I'm only partially sure of the rest.

CosmicPal
10-01-2004, 08:39 PM
No way would I take that trade....

Steacker is only good for a couple of more weeks, if Henry doesn't perform- he will be yanked and the Bills will not hesitate to play McGahee, the Falcons D is not bad, and Graham and Boo Williams are of the same caliber.

Don't take the trade. You have Suggs who will start to see more playing time and possibly win the starting role outright, particularly since the Browns are losing and they do not have faith in William Green.

Griffin will see some more 100 yd rushing days.

Jerry Porter's numbers may increase with K. Colllins now at QB- regardless, he is their number one receiver, and will see a couple of big weeks.

The Redskins D is playing better than the Falcons....

I simply do not see ANY benefit to you in this trade....therefore, I'd decline it.

OmahaChief
10-01-2004, 08:53 PM
I simply do not see ANY benefit to you in this trade....therefore, I'd decline it.

Really? Picking up Stecker would be good long term incase Duece goes down again and he is also gaining Henry a starting TB. RBs score way more points in most FFL leagues. I highly doubt Porter will score as many TDs as Henry. He is also gaining D Graham at TE over Williams. Graham is a huge red zone target and already has 3 TDs.

I would take the trade in a heartbeat you are gaining much and not giving up much. Griffin is not an everydown back, I think that has been establish, Davis is basically done, The Wash D is not great, Boo Williams has 6 catches for 50 yards on the season and no TDs.

So yeah other then making his team better in almost every aspect of this trade there is not much value.

The one thing the author of the thread left out was the scoring system. I am basing my opinions on a TD heavy performance league with some points for yardage.

Big Chief Homer
10-02-2004, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the input guys :thumb:

CosmicPal
10-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Really?

Yeah...really

The Wash D is not great.

The Redskins have allowed a league-low 47 yards on the ground per game, and are third in the NFL in total yards allowed. I think that's pretty damn good.

OmahaChief
10-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Yeah...really

The Redskins have allowed a league-low 47 yards on the ground per game, and are third in the NFL in total yards allowed. I think that's pretty damn good.

Let me get this straight. You would not do this trade because of a DEFENSE? Thoe yards per game on the ground are not that impressive when you look at who they have played. Dallas is terrible on the ground, Tampa Bay is only slighty better and the Giants are fair.

Defenses don't win FFL leagues. RBs do.

BigChiefFan
10-02-2004, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't make the trade. Your team is better without making the trade. Stay put.

PHOG
10-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't make the trade. Your team is better without making the trade. Stay put.

I agree..stick with what you have.....maybe let this guy sweeten the pot(trade)....I really don't see much upside for you as it stands.

CosmicPal
10-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Let me get this straight. You would not do this trade because of a DEFENSE?....

Defenses don't win FFL leagues. RBs do.

No, I was only pointing out a fallacy in your statement that the Skins D was not great.

Omaha....this trade doesn't make sense....I would never trade a starting RB for someone will be returning to the bench in a couple of weeks. Your remark that McAllister may get injured again can be said for any player. But, you don't make a trade for a bench player- you pick them up in free agency.

Henry is not a solid RB, and as long as the Bills lose- McGahee will start to see playing time in the coming weeks. Although Griffin- should he not perform- may lose his starting job to Tatum Bell.

The only thing that makes this a fair trade is getting D. Graham over B. Williams. If he wants to trade TE's- go for it...otherwise, in the long run this trade makes no sense.