PDA

View Full Version : Fearless Predicition Time…

Gaz
10-04-2004, 06:41 AM
0-3 [basement of the AFC West]
Weak Defense [but getting better]
Weak Offense [showing an occasional sign of life]
Spotty Special Teams [too many penalties]

Against a great Defense [ouch]
Against a great RB [who might be keeping Warfield company soon]
In their house [we are not good on the road]
In prime time [we are not good in prime time]

What is your prediction?

xoxo~
Gaz
Glutton for punishment.

Hydrae
10-04-2004, 06:44 AM
These rose colored glasses are firmly welded in place for the game tonight. Of course we will win!

Ultra Peanut
10-04-2004, 06:49 AM
Knowing my luck, the Chiefs will lose and Priest will get just enough yardage to give my opponent a 121-120 win.

Ultra Peanut
On the other hand, I think the Chiefs will win by double-digits.

DaWolf
I'd love nothing more to win and I'm gonna be watching with the idea that I'm not spending 4 hours of my life sitting in front of a TV to witness a loss from the team I live and die with.

That being said, the realist in me says Ravens 27, Chiefs 13...

1adam1238
10-04-2004, 06:54 AM
I'd love nothing more to win and I'm gonna be watching with the idea that I'm not spending 4 hours of my life sitting in front of a TV to witness a loss from the team I live and die with.

I know exactly where your coming from....its an investment in a team and you hate to see them implode.....boy it would be great if they could pull this one out.

Ultra Peanut
10-04-2004, 06:55 AM
Chiefs 31
Ravens 14

MichaelH
10-04-2004, 06:56 AM
I'm going to stay up late and root the team on. I usually only watch until half time on Monday night. If the Chiefs show signs of life at haltime, I will return the favor and ride the game out. I think the Chiefs have a shot if.......

1. they keep Lewis to around 100-125 yards
2. no turnovers
3. NO special team penalties
4. one of the WR's decides to play football
5. Priest runs for at least 100 yards and decides to catch a few

Gaz
10-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Chiefs Defense Vs Ravens Offense
This is not a bad match-up for the Chiefs. Our main problem in the run game are the cut-back runs. Actually, our main problem is over-pursuit that manifests itself against the cut-back runs. Gunther should trot out that 4-4-3 Defense and jam the line. Our best chance to stop the Ravens’ Offense is to force Boller to beat us in the air. With our secondary, that does not sound like much of a challenge, I admit, but relentless CRUSHING of Boller should yield some incomplete or even intercepted passes.

Chiefs Offense Vs Ravens Defense
Pretty much the same strategy would apply for the Ravens to stop the Chiefs O. The advantage we have is that Green is better than Boller and Gonzalez is better than Wilcox. The advantage the Ravens have is their LB corps Vs our LB corps.

So, the critical question: Is the value of Green/Gonzalez Vs Boller/Wilcox enough to compensate for Suggs/Hartwell/Lewis Thomas Vs Barber/Beisel/Fujita?

In other words, can our Offense make up for the disparity in Defenses?

Same old same old, ennit?

xoxo~
Gaz
Might be grasping at straws when he depends on the Chiefs O to pull one out.

the Talking Can
10-04-2004, 06:59 AM
I know I said the Chiefs would win "just because"....but really, I doubt it...

Baltimore Drug Lords and Murderers 21
Chiefs 17

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-04-2004, 07:08 AM
I've got to believe we will find a way to win this one tonight. Hopefully i'm not setting myself up for another big letdown.

ROYC75
10-04-2004, 07:13 AM
WHERE IS THE OPTION OF UNDECIDED ?

Really, this game can go many ways here......

KC can come out hitting right away, get the ball, go down and score, our 1st drives have been good this year .

Somehow, get a Baltimore stop, come out score again... start forcing Balt. to pass the ball more to catch up.

If KC wins, I don't see a close game.......

OTOH, Baltimore can pound Lewis all night down our throats if we don't wrap up when we tackle. I look for a heavy dose of Lewis and a ball control offense from Baltimore, they know KC is a wounded dog with offensive fire power. They will try to control the game clock to keep our offense off the field.

Best I can tell you is a low scoring loss or double digit win for KC.

To win, Our defense has to step up and stop Lewis
& Co. for our offense to get untracked...... A TEAM EFFORT IS NEEDED ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL.

ceebz
10-04-2004, 07:15 AM
I'd love for the Chiefs to win this one but, I just don't see it happening.

They will regroup and win at Jacksonville though.

Gaz
10-04-2004, 07:18 AM
That is why it is called Fearless, man.

xoxo~
Gaz
Daredevil-ish.

ROYC75
10-04-2004, 07:24 AM
That is why it is called Fearless, man.

xoxo~
Gaz
Daredevil-ish.

Damn man, I was try'n to wiggle out of it.

Since you are putting me on the spot, I say we kick ass tonight, turn the tide , the players are pissed off and come out to play ,at least one game and show the world we are not push overs. :rolleyes:

KC wins big .......... :p :rolleyes:

( knowing all to well I'll look like an ass when it's over )

the Talking Can
10-04-2004, 07:24 AM
I know I said the Chiefs would win "just because"....but really, I doubt it...

Baltimore Drug Lords and Murderers 21
Chiefs 17
I just remembered I bet $5000 on the Chiefs on the money line...damn

Gaz
10-04-2004, 07:39 AM
I am calling a Chiefs win [just like I did in our string of losses, so you know how good my predictive powers are].

I cannot believe that the Chiefs Offense can remain bottled up. We are so far behind the “Offensive explosion” curve that, sooner or later, the Offense has to actually show up for an entire game. Hopefully, the lousy Offensive performance in the red zone last week was just the slap Saunders needed.

Lewis is going to get yards. He is a very good RB. But we should have guys in position to make plays. Of course, we have had guys in position to make plays before. Whether they can tackle or not is another matter altogether.

It is critical that we put a whupping on Boller. He is the weak link in their O and we need to attack him relentlessly. If the Ravens win, we must force them to win by the pass.

xoxo~
Gaz
Out on the “Chiefs Win” limb, again.

Raiderhater
10-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Any win is good, but a big win is better.

We start the SB rally tonight in prime time.

TEX
10-04-2004, 07:55 AM
I am calling a Chiefs win [just like I did in our string of losses, so you know how good my predictive powers are].

I cannot believe that the Chiefs Offense can remain bottled up. We are so far behind the “Offensive explosion” curve that, sooner or later, the Offense has to actually show up for an entire game. Hopefully, the lousy Offensive performance in the red zone last week was just the slap Saunders needed.

Lewis is going to get yards. He is a very good RB. But we should have guys in position to make plays. Of course, we have had guys in position to make plays before. Whether they can tackle or not is another matter altogether.

It is critical that we put a whupping on Boller. He is the weak link in their O and we need to attack him relentlessly. If the Ravens win, we must force them to win by the pass.

xoxo~
Gaz
Out on the “Chiefs Win” limb, again.

Good take but IMO there is NO WAY the offense gets going this week against the Raven's "D". We're staring at 0-4 going into the bye week. The Ravens will win this one big and it's not gonna be pretty.

Bwana
10-04-2004, 07:58 AM
I hope they pull this one out of the hat, but I think it will be hard to do. I amd goign to knock the dust off the old Marcus Allen Jersey to try to bring a little luck their way. The other ones have failed. :)

KCN
10-04-2004, 07:58 AM
I have called for a Chiefs win the past three games. Time for some reverse karma.

InChiefsHeaven
10-04-2004, 08:00 AM
We will WIN!! Chiefs will Dominate!! It'll be a blowout!!

Dante gets a return tonight. We will get a defensive score. Jamal will be held to under 100 yards. Trent will throw for 300+ and 2 TD's. Priest goes for 100 and 2 td's. Final, Chiefs 42...Ravens 17.

...what?? It could happen...!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-04-2004, 08:03 AM
I just pray Jamal Lewis doesn't pull a Clinton Portis...or worse...on us. I don't think I could watch. I may watch with the sound turned down anyway so I don't have to listen to Michaels and Madden talk about our performance so far this year.

I was looking forward to these Monday night games when the schedule came out...now I kind of dread them.

Just win a game Chiefs....please.

Raiderhater
10-04-2004, 08:14 AM
We will WIN!! Chiefs will Dominate!! It'll be a blowout!!

Dante gets a return tonight. We will get a defensive score. Jamal will be held to under 100 yards. Trent will throw for 300+ and 2 TD's. Priest goes for 100 and 2 td's. Final, Chiefs 42...Ravens 17.

...what?? It could happen...!!!

Here we are. This is what I like to read.

MichaelH
10-04-2004, 09:01 AM
I may watch with the sound turned down anyway so I don't have to listen to Michaels and Madden talk about our performance so far this year.

Great idea! I managed to miss all of yesterdays pregame shows and don't think I'll watch ESPN's tonight. If they have nothing at all good to say about the Chiefs, F-EM! And Madden, I could do without his senseless talk even if the Chiefs were 3-0 going into tonight's game.

Wrasse
10-04-2004, 09:06 AM
The Chiefs will win big.

** will not go gentle into that good night **

Gaz
10-04-2004, 09:09 AM
I always turn off the TV sound and listen to Mitch & Lenny on the radio.

I like hearing commentary from guys who actually know the team.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has been spared TV commentators for a while now.

MichaelH
10-04-2004, 09:13 AM
I always turn off the TV sound and listen to Mitch & Lenny on the radio.

I like hearing commentary from guys who actually know the team.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has been spared TV commentators for a while now.

I do as well but the internet feed is always a couple of plays behind. Also, the computer is in the office and the big TV is in the living room. What's a guy to do? :)

Lightning Rod
10-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Chiefs win.

We are due to get a lucky bounce/call/play something anything

Logical
10-04-2004, 10:49 AM
RAVENS 34

Chiefs 10

Embarrassment tomorrow.

Rain Man
10-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Keep in mind that I'm a blatant homer, but the Ravens are one-dimensional on offense, and Gunther is smart enough to game plan for that. We can shut their offense down, to the extent that anyone can shut down Jamal Lewis.

On offense, our strengths play into their...well, they don't have weaknesses on defense, but nonetheless, I like our HB/TE orientation against a team with a strong pass rush. Al faced them last year, and he'll have a better bead on them as a result.

shakesthecat
10-04-2004, 10:59 AM
I expect a game much like last years game in B-more. Which ever team screws up the least, will win.

Breaks and bad calls have a way of evening out over the course of a season, and KC is due to have a few go their way tonight.

KC- 20, on a Tynes game winner.
Balt-17

KC is bound to win a game sometime this year. May as well be tonight.

alanm
10-04-2004, 11:47 AM
I had a dream last night. It was somewhere before Thanksgiving and I was noticing in the paper I was reading that the Chiefs had a 7-3 record. Of course we win! It was fortold!!:thumb:

picasso
10-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Do you remember how beat up we were after that game last year?
I have a feeling we will lose a few key guys tonight. Just hope it won't be Priest or Gonzo. But if we start sending those little receivers across the middle thinking we can get yards against the blitz and a secondary in zone somebody is going to the hospital.

Eleazar
10-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Chiefs by 52.

oldandslow
10-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Ravens 24

Chiefs 10

I do not think this matchup favors us at all.

InChiefsHeaven
10-04-2004, 12:18 PM
I had a dream last night. It was somewhere before Thanksgiving and I was noticing in the paper I was reading that the Chiefs had a 7-3 record. Of course we win! It was fortold!!:thumb:

Good enough for me!!

Wrasse
10-04-2004, 12:20 PM
He has the gift!!!!

This game is going to be fun to watch!

** sees the glass as half full **

Hammock Parties
10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
The Chiefs are going to have their breakout game.

Chiefs 31 Ravens 14.

Green will throw for around 300 yards.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2004, 12:28 PM
BTW, Jim Rome said the Chiefs should give Priest the ball until he falls over tonight if they really want to win. He said Priest wouldn't let his old team beat KC given the opportunity.

bogie
10-04-2004, 12:38 PM
We do have the talent on O to dominate and our D IS improving.
game #1: We played the donks in their house. I don't think anyone was terribly surprised about that loss.
game #2: We played the Panthers in our house and we forgot that even if we play at home we still need to buckle down to win. We put to much emphasis on the fact that we were at home and it beat us.
game #3: We were playing what everyone thought was a weak Houston team and we were at home. Again, we went in to that game expecting a win only because we were at home and against what we thought was a weak team. We relied on what we should be and did not concentrate on the game.

Tonight, there are no deliusions. To beat this team in their house we've got to be good on O (we all know we're capable) and better on D (we have been improving every game) Tonight we will win!
First half: Chiefs 17, Ravens 7
Second half: Chiefs 14, Ravens 14
Final Score Chiefs: 31, Ravens 21

Chiefnj
10-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Ravens 27
Chiefs 13

J Diddy
10-04-2004, 01:52 PM
The Chiefs 50 to nutthing

We get Ditka and he wins it by himself.

:thumb:

PastorMikH
10-04-2004, 01:56 PM
I'm voting that the Chiefs are going to win big - and that win will propell them into a long winning streak.

(At least I'm hoping) :thumb:

MOhillbilly
10-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Damn 2-3 on the ready to die option are chicks.ROFL
They really need a friend to talk them through it.Sounds like a job for delt.

Gaz
10-05-2004, 07:04 AM
If you click on the vote numbers on the right, you can see who voted for the Ravens and mock them mercilessly.

xoxo~
Gaz
Spreading the love.

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 07:07 AM
So these people are dopes today ?
ROFL

asdf, beer me, ceebz, Chan93lx50, ChiefsFanatic, cron912, Dave Lane, ExtremeChief, Fat Elvis, KCJohnny, Mark M, MichaelH, oldandslow, Phobia, the Talking Can, ZepSinger
Bwana, Chiefaholic, Chiefnj, DaWolf, KCN, Otter, TEX, Vlad Logicslav
1adam1238, Hel'n, WarCry!

:thumb:

Gaz
10-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Not at all. They are misguided fans who momentarily lost their way. Those of us who remained steadfast and loyal now must help them back onto the bandwagon without a harsh word exchanged.

Or, you could bash them relentlessly.

Whatever works for you.

xoxo~
Gaz
Open-armed.

KCN
10-05-2004, 07:51 AM
Before you do that let me just remind you,

I have called for a Chiefs win the past three games. Time for some reverse karma.

So you're welcome :)

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 08:17 AM
OK Gaz, when you posted this thread, I wasn't thinking KC would win, I posted it after rethinking how desperate the team was.

I didn't change my pick'ems...... :banghead:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy for the win, but still see many issues with our team !

MichaelH
10-05-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm going to stay up late and root the team on. I usually only watch until half time on Monday night. If the Chiefs show signs of life at haltime, I will return the favor and ride the game out. I think the Chiefs have a shot if.......

1. they keep Lewis to around 100-125 yards
2. no turnovers
3. NO special team penalties
4. one of the WR's decides to play football
5. Priest runs for at least 100 yards and decides to catch a few

1. check-the defense did an excellent job!! :thumb:
2. check
3. almost but much better
4. check- Morton and Horn stepped up, Tony G played great and Dunn was a great decoy
5. check

Those are the keys to winning :thumb:

Gaz
10-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Sure there are issues.

• Our WRs are still walking wounded.
• Our LBs are still second-tier.
• Our CBs are still questionable.
• The Offense still stalled at [2] CRUCIAL points last night.
• Our Punter still sucks.
• We are still getting WAY too many penalties.
• Our kick coverage teams are still giving up too many yards.

But those are problems for another day…

Today, we celebrate a much-improved Defense and a resurgent Offense. We beat one of the best Defenses in the league and shut down one of the best RBs. We ended several of the highly-regarded Ravens streaks and put up a convincing performance on the road against a loud, hostile crowd in prime time.

Today, we dance!

Well, dance and hurl insults at the dopes who voted for Baltimore to win.

No wait, dance and lovingly welcome those lost lambs back into the fold.

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

xoxo~
Gaz
Dancing on the inside.