PDA

View Full Version : Who are you pulling for in the MLB Playoffs?

Saulbadguy
10-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Who?

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 08:05 AM
Holy Chit Batman! Can I post ENDElt? Can I post? Huh? Huh? Can I?

Saulbadguy
10-04-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm pulling for the Red Sox...just to break that curse and all. If I didn't pull for someone, I most likely wouldn't watch it or care about who won..so I gotta choose a "favorite".

Eleazar
10-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Anybody but the Cardinals.

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 08:08 AM
I'm pulling for the Red Sox...just to break that curse and all. If I didn't pull for someone, I most likely wouldn't watch it or care about who won..so I gotta choose a "favorite".I would like that too. I'd like to see a Red Sox Cardinals World Series. Yaz against Gibson redux....Pedro against Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen etc. Would be a good series.

Saulbadguy
10-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Anybody but the Cardinals.
Yeah. Anyone but the Tardinals or the Skankees.

Hoover
10-04-2004, 08:12 AM
As a Cubs fan I just can not cheer for the Cards or Astros.

So I'm going with the Twins. I hope they win it all and get this team a new stadium.

Here is how I think it will go.

Minn over NYY
Boston Over Anaheim

LA over STL
Astros over ATL

Boston over Minn
Astros over LA

Boston over Astros

Ultra Peanut
10-04-2004, 08:12 AM
The NL playoffs are going to be fought over by my four least-favorite teams in the National League (well, I'd probably put the Mets at about the same level as the Dodgers). The only good thing I can say about any of them is that Vin Scully is a damn fine announcer.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-04-2004, 08:30 AM
The Royals.

Iowanian
10-04-2004, 08:33 AM
I just want them to be over.......baseball sucks.

TEX
10-04-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm hoping for an Astros/Red Sox World Series! :thumb:

PastorMikH
10-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Cardinals all the way. Been a fan since 1980 when I went to live with dad and he got me hooked on them.

Not as rabid with baseball as I am with football though so I don't get nearly as worked up about it.

StcChief
10-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Cards vs. Red Sox.

We could beat them like '67 and let their curse continue.

JimNasium
10-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Springfield is Cardinals territory. I could care less about baseball generally but I'll prolly watch several of their games.

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Springfield is Cardinals territory. I could care less about baseball generally but I'll prolly watch several of their games.

I think a lot of people here don't understand this. In Sprigfield when you support the Cardinals you are not supporting St. Louis but a baseball team.

Alton deFlat
10-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Cardinals, Cardinals, Cardinals!!!

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 10:18 AM
You're wrong.

I hear that a lot...Wonder why?:hmmm:

BIG_DADDY
10-04-2004, 10:18 AM
I would like to see the Cardinals do well but that means their doomed, doomed, doomed.

PunkinDrublic
10-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Probably the Red Sox. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Twins win again because I believe in rooting for the lower budget teams. I hope the Cardinals choke big time because I want the 85 series to haunt St. Loser fans as long as possible.

Bob Dole
10-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Which team would make the entire thing be over with soonest?

Frazod
10-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Obviously, I'm rooting for the Cardinals, but I'm concerned with (a) their late-season slide (b) injuries and (c) my own personal death-sentence shit luck. I hope they don't pull a Chiefs on me.

As for the rest:

I detest the Twins and their gay-assed dome. May they go down in flames.

I'm ambivalent towards the Angels.

I detest the Yankees because they're the Yankees.

The Red Sox are no more lovable losers than the Cubs are - they're just losers. I could give a shit what they do.

I hate the Braves, and I REALLY HATE the Astros. 4321

I'm ambivalent towards the Dodgers.

ROYC75
10-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Since KC is not in it..... I go with the Underdog.

The team that has never been there or the team that has been the longest getting back to it !

The Astros !

Now don't be surprised to see them win it..... Hottest team playing today, veterans players with good young talent......

Fugg the rest of them..... I'm tired of the Yanks, tired od the BoSox fans cry'n bout the Yanks, can't stand the Twinkees nor Angels.

Hate Atlanta since the days of JS left KC. Fugg LA, another big market team, and most of all I hate St. Louis.

seclark
10-04-2004, 11:02 AM
cards.
sec

ROYC75
10-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Damn, alot of Cards lovers here..... bet you guys were pissed in the 85 WS ! ROFL

Bearcat
10-04-2004, 11:09 AM
This is the sad time of a Royals fan's life when he/she has to root against other teams.

So, to whoever is playing the Cardinals & Yankees :toast:

May they not meet in the WS.... because even though I don't want to, I will root for the Yankees :#

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=32333&stc=1

So how does smack work when your "second favorite" team is playing your team? :spock:

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Damn, alot of Cards lovers here..... bet you guys were pissed in the 85 WS ! ROFL

Hey the Royals beat us fair and square. No whining about calls at first base. It's beneath us Cardinal fans. We have 9 world championships in 16 trips to the World Series and we are getting ready to add a 10th. Let them enjoy their one measly championship and rubiing our noses in it and talking smack. They earned it.

|Zach|
10-04-2004, 11:19 AM
I can't wait for the Cards to screw it up against a team they are better than.

Bearcat
10-04-2004, 11:25 AM
I can't wait for the Cards to screw it up against a team they are better than.

:thumb:

Why are they playing the Dodgers anyway? Isn't it best record vs. wild card?

Bearcat
10-04-2004, 11:26 AM
Why are they playing the Dodgers anyway? Isn't it best record vs. wild card?

:doh!:

Guess being in the same division might have something to do with it....

alpha_omega
10-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Houston

Bearcat
10-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Bahahahaahahahahahahaha!!! That's the funniest thing you've ever posted.

Wow, I missed that.... Yeah, beneath Cards fans, just like in 2000, when I was driving through St. Louis and heard this ad for the interleague series.... starting with the call, then the dramatic voice: "The worst call in the history of baseball"... then they go on to tell people they should attend the series to see the Cardinals get their revenge for the '85 WS ... you know, because it was fresh in the minds of all those playing for the Cards 15 years after that game ROFL

Alton deFlat
10-04-2004, 11:49 AM

Not here. Love the Cards, but love the Royals too. Actually make it to more games at the K, than Busch. 1985 was pure hell, as well as joy, because I liked both teams.

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Bahahahaahahahahahahaha!!! That's the funniest thing you've ever posted.

Wheres my positive rep big boy? :p

Some of you need to distingish from Cardinal fans and residents of St.Louis. I have never blamed 85 series on a blown call at first. I've always contended that we lost the series when the Whiteyball spark plug had the tarp roll up his ankle and knock him out for the series. But that crap is 19 years old now.

To clarify I wasn't saying we as Cardinals fans are better than Royals fans. What I was saying that as Cardinal fans we should behave better than whining about a blown call. We have lots to be proud of. Let them have their one thing to be proud of. In 1985 they kicked our ass. Let it go.

grandllama
10-04-2004, 01:06 PM
I can't wait for the Cards to screw it up against a team they are better than.:thumb: Ditto... I'm not rooting for any one team, but I sure know who I'm rooting against....

MOhillbilly
10-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Redbirds

ChiefsCountry
10-04-2004, 02:11 PM
The Cardinals, just cause they are a Missouri team, which means they will fugg it up in the playoffs. Always happens.

ck_IN
10-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Anyone who beats the Yankees.

tk13
10-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Call me insane, but I still think the Twins can beat the Yankees.... I just do. They shouldn't be favored against them but I think they have a couple real favorable pitching matchups up front with Santana and Radke....

Frazod
10-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Wheres my positive rep big boy? :p

Some of you need to distingish from Cardinal fans and residents of St.Louis. I have never blamed 85 series on a blown call at first. I've always contended that we lost the series when the Whiteyball spark plug had the tarp roll up his ankle and knock him out for the series. But that crap is 19 years old now.

To clarify I wasn't saying we as Cardinals fans are better than Royals fans. What I was saying that as Cardinal fans we should behave better than whining about a blown call. We have lots to be proud of. Let them have their one thing to be proud of. In 1985 they kicked our ass. Let it go.

Every month or so I must remind everybody that the Cardinals are my SECOND favorite team. The Royals are my FAVORITE team. I grew up in central Missouri rooting for both teams, and they didn't play a meaningful game against each other until I was 20. But since the Royals are already making either tee times or looking into new careers in insurance sales, I'll happily root for the Cards.

Therefore, 1985 made me happy, although it was somewhat difficult to watch.

That said, GO CARDINALS! :thumb: