PDA

View Full Version : Here's An Idea....

CosmicPal
10-04-2004, 10:32 AM
May I make a humble request to the creators and moderators of this wonderful Planet?

May I suggest a format for those, like myself, who love to visit this Planet while working in the office?

You see, I used to come to the Planet on days it was slow at work. There have been a couple of times, I would scroll the forum and a gorgeous, hot, babe, exposing her negligee would appear. Or some gal’s perfectly round butt. Or maybe some other kind of image, not suitable for the office.

Needless to say, I’ve been busted a couple of times in the past.

So…I was wondering- Can we have a separate forum for those of us who wish to check out ChiefsPlanet from the office?

What it entails is this: no graphics. Plain and simple text-that’s all there is- plain and simple text. Therefore, guys like me can hold onto their jobs while getting their Chiefs news at the Planet. It’s just another Chiefs Lounge we can access from the homepage where those of us who ignore our jobs while checking out the Planet can go to surreptitiously and stealthily without babes exposing themselves to people passing by my office.

Just an idea. Certainly those of us cheating our jobs would honor my request.

CosmicPal
10-04-2004, 10:32 AM
May I make a humble request to the creators and moderators of this wonderful Planet?

May I suggest a format for those, like myself, who love to visit this Planet while working in the office?

You see, I used to come to the Planet on days it was slow at work. There have been a couple of times, I would scroll the forum and a gorgeous, hot, babe, exposing her negligee would appear. Or some gal’s perfectly round butt. Or maybe some other kind of image, not suitable for the office.

So…I was wondering- Can we have a separate forum for those of us who wish to check out ChiefsPlanet from the office?

What it entails is this: no graphics. Plain and simple text-that’s all there is- plain and simple text. Therefore, guys like me can hold onto their jobs while getting their Chiefs news at the Planet. It’s just another Chiefs Lounge we can access from the homepage where those of us who ignore our jobs while checking out the Planet can go to surreptitiously and stealthily without babes exposing themselves to people passing by my office.

ptlyon
10-04-2004, 10:35 AM
I liked the word blocker on the old BB, where you could put what words you want *'ed out in your options.

I miss that.

Gaz
10-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Does the "At Work" mode no longer work?

I use “At Work” and I still get pictures inside posts.

xoxo~
Gaz
Surfs the Planet on Company time.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-04-2004, 10:37 AM

Don't you have some filing to do or something...?

:)

teedubya
10-04-2004, 10:40 AM
why do you always quote your original thread post in the next post???

http://www.njguido.com/SpringSummer2003/Photos/miami03_mar21%20053.jpeg

ROYC75
10-04-2004, 10:45 AM
I like to be the boss, I can do as I please !

We use to have an "at work" option which was designed to block this !

Mark M
10-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Does the "At Work" mode no longer work?

Yes and no. Pics don't always show up, but do some times. Not sure why ...

MM
~~:shrug:

CosmicPal
10-04-2004, 10:48 AM
why do you always quote your original thread post in the next post???

It's only happened twice....and I meant to hit EDIT, when I instead hit QUOTE...

BTW- your pic is the perfect example of what I don't need to see at work.

teedubya
10-04-2004, 10:50 AM
It's only happened twice....and I meant to hit EDIT, when I instead hit QUOTE...

yeah I have no idea how that happened... hot chicks... just appear.

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 10:50 AM
hey cosmo... may i suggest you check out the "options" section in your settings.

you can choose "At work mode"

you can uncheck the viewing of "avatars,sigs and attachments"

this pretty much shuts off everything but the occasional direct photo url link.

i would think this would be sufficient for your job.

CosmicPal
10-04-2004, 10:55 AM
I use “At Work” and I still get pictures inside posts.

xoxo~
Gaz
Surfs the Planet on Company time.

Me too....as in now

Dartgod
10-04-2004, 10:56 AM
You need "At work" mode enabled but you also have to uncheck these boxes and pictures will show up as links.

Dartgod
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
hey cosmo... may i suggest you check out the "options" section in your settings.

you can choose "At work mode"

you can uncheck the viewing of "avatars,sigs and attachments"

this pretty much shuts off everything but the occasional direct photo url link.

i would think this would be sufficient for your job.
You beat me to it, but I included a picture for the "slow" people.

KC Kings
10-04-2004, 11:00 AM

You're doing something wrong then. I get links for the pictures, but no pictures. I don't see any pictures, or signatures or anything questionable. I use this same setup at home, because CP works about 100x's faster over dialup when you don't have to load everybodies bouncy boobie pitures in their sig line. :p

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 11:01 AM
:hmmm:

Dartgod
10-04-2004, 11:02 AM
:hmmm:
Ahem...

You have me on ignore?
You need "At work" mode enabled but you also have to uncheck these boxes and pictures will show up as links.

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
ROFL ROFL

i was working on pic too...

me 'tinks the real issue is lazy people not willing to find the right setting more than anything really needing to be changed.

teedubya
10-04-2004, 11:04 AM

i included a picture too!! :p

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 11:04 AM
------------

is someone talking?

i keep seeing this empty posts on my screen :p

Gaz
10-04-2004, 11:14 AM
I use “At Work” and have all the boxes unchecked [thank you, Dartgod] and I still get the occasional picture popping up. Since I really am at work, this is not a good thing.

Why do some pictures show up and others are just links?

It does not happen a lot, but it can be disconcerting when it does.

xoxo~
Gaz
One of those slow folks.

CosmicPal
10-04-2004, 11:16 AM
I use “At Work” and have all the boxes unchecked [thank you, Dartgod] and I still get the occasional picture popping up. Since I really am at work, this is not a good thing.

Why do some pictures show up and others are just links?

It does not happen a lot, but it can be disconcerting when it does.

xoxo~
Gaz
One of those slow folks.

That's what I'm saying....I get the same thing. I get some pics showing up, but most are links.

Rain Man
10-04-2004, 11:18 AM
You're doing something wrong then. I get links for the pictures, but no pictures. I don't see any pictures, or signatures or anything questionable. I use this same setup at home, because CP works about 100x's faster over dialup when you don't have to load everybodies bouncy boobie pitures in their sig line. :p

So...you're telling us that you subscribe to Chiefsplanet just to read the articles?

teedubya
10-04-2004, 11:20 AM
well i just changed my settings to AT WORK... and unchecked all three... and I dont see ANY IMAGES... not even the hottie posted above. Problem solved.

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Why do some pictures show up and others are just link

because so pictures are posting as "hotlinks" or links with a url directly to the pictures.

when they use this little button to insert pictures: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/wysiwyg/vB_InsertImage.gif

Gaz
10-04-2004, 11:24 AM
because so pictures are posting as "hotlinks" or links with a url directly to the pictures.

when they use this little button to insert pictures: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/wysiwyg/vB_InsertImage.gif

Can that function be disabled in the “At Work” mode?

xoxo~
Gaz
Fine-tuning his BB experience.

teedubya
what the fukkizle is this?

when I changed my settings... i get this at the top... under REPORT

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/report.html

CosmicPal
That was it!

It's working now...

I unchecked all three boxes, and the pics that did appear are now all gone.

Thanks, guys...

:thumb:

Hammock Parties
10-04-2004, 11:25 AM
You can also set your browser to display no images.

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 11:27 AM
That's what I'm saying....I get the same thing. I get some pics showing up, but most are links.

so "most" of the pics are gone now??

would you care to give me the link where you actually see a picture?

also is that picture in a thread the includes some kind of warning about the topic?

like "is this girl hot or not?"

Gaz
10-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Ali Chi3fs-

That is a classic “boss” button. You hit that when the boss wanders by unexpectedly and it looks more like something you should have on your monitor.

xoxo~
Gaz
Glad to report that his boss is about a mile away.

teedubya
10-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Ali Chi3fs-

That is a classic “boss” button. You hit that when the boss wanders by unexpectedly and it looks more like something you should have on your monitor.

xoxo~
Gaz
Glad to report that his boss is about a mile away.

oh man, that is hilarious...

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Can that function be disabled in the “At Work” mode?

xoxo~
Gaz
Fine-tuning his BB experience.

not by any planet setting that i know of... but you can in your browser itself.

internet explorer

Tools>internet options>Advanced>Show Pictures(Uncheck)

please note that gif buttons and headers are considered "pictures"

Gaz
10-04-2004, 12:02 PM
thanks, lazarus

xoxo~
gaz
at work

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 12:13 PM
thanks, lazarus

xoxo~
gaz
at work

yep,

with all the setting mentioned in this thread, CP becomes real nondiscript, real fast.

t'will be hard for any boss to casually notice which website your on

keep another full page screen on the ready to popup and you shouldn't get caught.