PDA

View Full Version : NFT: MT St. Helens Ready to Blow?

Michael Michigan
10-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Set your TiVo.

Steam Now Rising. Plume of Vapor and Ash now visible.

Fox, CNN, MSNBC all covering.

Iowanian
10-04-2004, 12:43 PM
I think its going to blow in the near future.

Today's event was steam. Magma or hot gas is rising towards the surface, melting the snow pack and glaciers on the mountain, running down into the crater, contacting the heat source and causing a giant steam plume.

They have a GPS unit on the dome......which HAS to be a survey grade unit with a base station........at least $40K......It'll measure the z coordinate(elevation) and give them indications of the pressure building under the dome as it raises (cm accuracy). Between that and the seizmic equipment and cameras, I'd be curious to know how many thousands of $$ in equipment will be melted when it goes?

Magma and gas will continue to build pressure and this baby will give us some fireworks. Taco.....get your snow shovel ready.

tyton75
10-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Can we pay someone with a brain cloud to jump in it and appease the gods or something?

gotta love a nice Joe vs. the Volcano reference....

Maybe they just need some fat island guys to dance around the mountain with orange aluminum cans strapped to their bodies.

KC Dan
10-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Can we pay someone with a brain cloud to jump in it and appease the gods or something?
mememi

chiefsfan987
10-04-2004, 01:52 PM
I can tell you all exactly when its going to blow. Its going to blow tonight during the Chiefs/ Ravens game so that they can inturrupt the game to bring me live breaking coverage of the erruption..
fuggers

chiefsfan987
10-04-2004, 01:57 PM
more steam coiming out...

Taco John
10-04-2004, 04:09 PM
I love watching all the local news casts showing the morons who are flocking to the Volcano to watch it erupt... One guy was quoted as saying "I'm here to watch this wonderful natural catastrophe..."

Dumbass...

Sydd
10-04-2004, 04:17 PM
I love watching all the local news casts showing the morons who are flocking to the Volcano to watch it erupt... One guy was quoted as saying "I'm here to watch this wonderful natural catastrophe..."

Dumbass...

I saw a guy intervewed yesterday that said "I just want to be a part of history"!

I was thinking the same thing... about him being history. (the guy was like eight miles away)

chiefsfan987
10-04-2004, 04:24 PM
They were interviewing people getting off a plane in Seatac this morning who saw the steam erruption from the sky out the side windows. To my suprise one of the witnesses was proudly displaying her chiefs apparel. Must be geared up for MNF.

Taco John
10-04-2004, 05:57 PM
I can't believe this post didn't include some sort of wiseass comment about tonight's game.

You're slipping.l

Honestly... It's hard to make fun of you guys in good conscience. You guys were talking Superbowl walking into this season saying that Gunther is the answer and that the offense won't skip a beat.

If I wanted to feel like a total creep, I could drive to local house fires and laugh at the people escaping with their valuables...

Taco John
10-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Besides, I can't trash the Chiefs any better than you guys have been doing it...

tk13
10-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Honestly... It's hard to make fun of you guys in good conscience. You guys were talking Superbowl walking into this season saying that Gunther is the answer and that the offense won't skip a beat.

If I wanted to feel like a total creep, I could drive to local house fires and laugh at the people escaping with their valuables...
You're a Broncos fan, I wouldn't put that above you. Raider fans commit arson, Bronco fans laugh at the victims. :)

Taco John
10-04-2004, 06:03 PM
...and Chiefs fans laugh at plane wrecks... ;)