PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Morton Bandwagon thread here

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Bowl Cornerback Chris McCalister followed Morton around the whole night and he still got the job done.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

RECEIVING
NAME ____ REC YDS AVG TD
J. Morton __ 05 64 12.8 00
C. Horn ____ 05 60 12.0 00
T. Gonzalez_ 04 42 10.5 00
D. Hall _____ 02 24 12.0 00
J. Dunn_____ 03 23 7.7 01
Richardson__ 02 10 5.0 00

cdcox
10-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Guess he finally got tired of being called out. Has had good games with key receptions the last two weeks. Still not putting up numbers of a #1 receiver, but is getting open and making tough catches. I'm on board.

Mr. Kotter
10-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Count me on; he looked better tonight.... :thumb:

Sure-Oz
10-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Morton actually showed some sack tonight, i want to see more of that play from him, they must've taken his mirror away from him before the game. Nice job tonight morton!

TEX
10-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Believe it or not I picked up Morton for my fantacy team on Friday...

patteeu
10-04-2004, 11:18 PM
I'm on this one.

Imon Yourside
10-05-2004, 12:04 AM
yay, now when is his contract up so we can bring in a decent #1 receiver...??

Hammock Parties
10-05-2004, 12:05 AM
That's right. Uh huh. Oh yeah.

tommykat
10-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Believe it or not I picked up Morton for my fantacy team on Friday...

Nice pick up for you! I see Morton pulling his weight more and more this year. Happy camper here. :thumb:

tommykat
10-05-2004, 12:07 AM
That's right. Uh huh. Oh yeah.

Great Sig Line!!!!:thumb: Rep to you......

teedubya
10-05-2004, 12:09 AM
man, I aint on no damn Morton bandwagon. YUO ARE TEH SUCK...

The play that remains in my memory is when he went across the middle on a crucial 3 and 9 vs the Panthers... on a catch he should have caught, but didnt go up to get it, cuz he was scared of getting hit.

Im still pissed at that pussy ass play.

el borracho
10-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Not to rain on the parade but a good (not great) game tonight does not erase his performance over the last couple a years.

One quarter of the way through the season Morton has zero touchdowns. He is average.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Not to rain on the parade but a good (not great) game tonight does not erase his performance over the last couple a years.

One quarter of the way through the season Morton has zero touchdowns. He is average.

Morton's on pace for 72 catches and 900 yards.

REPRESENT!

Macroach
10-05-2004, 12:35 AM
I'll ride the bandwagon, although there may not be much space. It's crowded on here.

I liked the catch where he reached over McAllister and just wanted it more.

ArrowheadHawk
10-05-2004, 12:36 AM
i'm in

philfree
10-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Holmes didn't have a catch? Wow! Big rep to Johnny MO! Huge catchs! Clutch! :clap:

PhilFree :arrow:

Hammock Parties
10-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Horn, Morton, Gonzalez...all of them are getting open because of the undue attention Priest is garnering...that's my take on it.

Saunders has adapted. He's like the Borg. Opposing defensive coordinators only have one or two succesful shots before he is impervious to their phasers. :D

htismaqe
10-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Morton and Horn both had EXCELLENT games.

I'd love to see Kennison come back and have Dante concentrate on ST once again.

morphius
10-05-2004, 07:20 AM
I have thought he has played well all year, especially for not playing all preseason. I did miss the game against Car, but the guy has been playing his butt off this year. There have been more then a few times he has sprinted downfield wide open for what could have been an easy TD if Green would have seen him. But he definitly put one over last night on McAllister.

morphius
10-05-2004, 07:21 AM

Get Kennision back or Parker ready, both are speedsters who can stretch the field.

Cormac
10-05-2004, 08:28 AM
A Johnnie Morton bandwagon? Two weeks after he sold us out against Carolina? I'm not getting on that Yugo.

He had a good game last night, and showed some desire for a change. But he still has a LONG way to go before he redeems himself in my eyes.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-05-2004, 08:35 AM
man, I aint on no damn Morton bandwagon. YUO ARE TEH SUCK...

The play that remains in my memory is when he went across the middle on a crucial 3 and 9 vs the Panthers... on a catch he should have caught, but didnt go up to get it, cuz he was scared of getting hit.

Im still pissed at that pussy ass play.
You apparently don't understand the full genius of Morton...he can make the tough catch falling down in double coverage....just don't throw it to him when he's wide open. I mean, where's the challenge in catching THOSE passes...?

Skip Towne
10-05-2004, 08:35 AM
He had a great game last night. But I'm not getting on the bandwagon till the other teams have to gameplan for him.

Molitoth
10-05-2004, 08:37 AM
Im a big Lions fan and I've always liked Morton, although he sucked bad last year Ill still be a fan.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-05-2004, 08:38 AM

Kinda scary when you think about it...TWO Chiefs wideouts being effective... simultainiously...

:drool:

Gaz
10-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Morton had a good game against one of the better CBs in the league. Hopefully, he is fully recovered from his injury and the trend will continue.

xoxo~
Gaz
Glad to have the WRs back in the game plan.

jspchief
10-05-2004, 08:50 AM
I'm going to have to watch the Morton bandwagon go by. It just shows how much we've become accustomed to mediocrity when people are pimping Morton after one 64 yard game.

I'm greasing the wheels of the Al Saunders bandwagon for calling an excellent game that got everyone involved...even Dunn.

I will say that the one catch he made for the first down showed more athletic ability than I thought he was capable of anymore. Nice grab Johnny.

Lightning Rod
10-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Got to give credit where credit is due. I had higher expectations than he has delivered ever since joining the Chiefs. Last night he acted like he wanted the ball. Good game Morton, keep it up.

2bikemike
10-05-2004, 08:57 AM
I'm going to have to watch the Morton bandwagon go by. It just shows how much we've become accustomed to mediocrity when people are pimping Morton after one 64 yard game.

I'm greasing the wheels of the Al Saunders bandwagon for calling an excellent game that got everyone involved...even Dunn.

I will say that the one catch he made for the first down showed more athletic ability than I thought he was capable of anymore. Nice grab Johnny.

IMHO spreading the ball around is what got this offense going. That was what made us so successful in the past. I think they kind of got away from it as the game wore on. Dunn played a big role in that last night.

Morton played a very good game and made a couple of incredible catches. That one he took off of the corners shoulder was great.

The O-line was not going to be denied. And the D played a great game.
Special teams was the weak link and just about cost us the W.

Lzen
10-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Morton is finally starting to play like the receiver we paid good $$$ to get him to come here. Now he's just gotta remain consistent. I was really surprised to see Chris Horn play so well. Perhaps we should start a Horn bandwagon. :)

Mr. Laz
10-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Perhaps we should start a Horn bandwagon. :)

ROFL already done

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100427

HC_Chief
10-05-2004, 09:50 AM
I've been very hard on Morton... I wanted his ass run straight out of town.

That said, props to Johnny Morton! Last night was his best game as a Chief IMO. He faced a superior CB and won the matchup. Plus, he fought his ass off for every catch. THAT is what I want to see at receiver.

ChiefsOne
10-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Put me on for this week. Have to wait until after the next game to see if I am still riding.

He's been too inconsitant, but very happy with him right now!