PDA

View Full Version : What was Trent Green doing?

the Talking Can
10-05-2004, 07:07 AM
there were 3-4 plays where his scrambling saved our ass....big time plays...when did he learn to be so "elusive"? ROFL

He was f'in clutch last night...... :clap:

Lzen
10-05-2004, 07:08 AM
Keep f***ing doubing Trent Green!! :cuss:

Devin Vierth
10-05-2004, 07:09 AM
They were all clutch last night.
GO CHIEFS!!

KCTitus
10-05-2004, 07:10 AM
two really awesome passes that Green hit to Morton for the first down on the lob and then the bomb to Horn -- hell of a catch -- but that one was brought back, as per League rules that KC is not allowed to have a gain of over 30 yards.

the Talking Can
10-05-2004, 07:11 AM
two really awesome passes that Green hit to Morton for the first down on the lob and then the bomb to Horn -- hell of a catch -- but that one was brought back, as per League rules that KC is not allowed to have a gain of over 30 yards.

and a 17 yard 3rd down pass to Gonzo after a scamble.....he just refused to lose, like every one on our team last night

DeepSouth
10-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Seems like Green is just getting back in the groove. He seems to be in sync with Horn and Morton.

Lzen
10-05-2004, 07:13 AM

ROFL That's so funny cause I said something along those lines last night. I think I said "why is it that everytime the Chiefs make a big gain, the officials feel they need to call a stupid penalty?" And really, most of the time the penalty is a cheap one. Not even worth calling. WTF?

Eleazar
10-05-2004, 07:13 AM
He might have been the difference, last night, between the Chiefs and the Ravens.

How many plays did Kyle Boller make?

jspchief
10-05-2004, 07:15 AM
and a 17 yard 3rd down pass to Gonzo after a scamble.....he just refused to lose, like every one on our team last night

That pass to Gonzo was just sick. Greens scrambling his ass off, doesn't even look like he's looking downfield, then out of nowhere lets one go. Trent really showed good vision and pocket presence tonight...how many times did he step up into the pocket just in time to miss the rush? He got off to a slow start again this year, but it looks like the real Green is back.

Mark M
10-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Green looked great primarily because he didn't force it to Gonzo.

Instead, he went through his progressions and (more often than not) found the open receiver. And that is what this offense is all about -- on almost every single pass play, someone, somewhere, will be open.

Last night, Trent seemed to do what he's done the last two years (make the smart pass), rather than do what he did his first year and the first 3 games this year (trying to do too much).

The scrambles were a bonus. :D

MM
~~:arrow:

nmt1
10-05-2004, 07:19 AM
ROFL That's so funny cause I said something along those lines last night. I think I said "why is it that everytime the Chiefs make a big gain, the officials feel they need to call a stupid penalty?" And really, most of the time the penalty is a cheap one. Not even worth calling. WTF?

I know what you mean. I said "This one's coming back." on a play where Priest busted out to the left and gained about 8 yards. It's so bad one can even predict it.
They showed several replays during the last Raven's TD drive where there was clearly holding and it wasn't called. Heck, Stills almost got his jersey taken off on one play. It's maddening to see Warfield get called for holding in the endzone, which he was doing, but to watch the other team march down the field and not get called at all when there was clearly holding on one or two of the plays. I wish the refs would be consistent.

KCTitus
10-05-2004, 07:20 AM

I have to admit, seriously, that this is/was KC's first 'playoff' win this year. They're basically fighting for their lives at this point. Just how big is the difference, now, between 1-3 and 0-4.

Yes, smartasses, I know it's only one game, but mentally, it's much more than that.

KC's back was against the wall, had to go on the road and win on national TV...seemed almost like a playoff game to me.

BigRedChief
10-05-2004, 07:21 AM
I love Trent scrambling and saving the drive but Trent just slide don't take those hits. Trent goes down so do our hopes....Collins will not salvage our season.

jagerdrinker
10-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Could it be that Green's knee is just now getting close to 100%? From what I understand of the surgery that he had, it's pretty invasive, and takes a very long time to heal completely. Hell, no one is going to start comparing Green to Vick, but he sure looked good last night.

nmt1
10-05-2004, 07:23 AM
KC's back was against the wall, had to go on the road and win on national TV...seemed almost like a playoff game to me.

It couldn't be a playoff game, we won. :D

the Talking Can
10-05-2004, 07:26 AM
I have to admit, seriously, that this is/was KC's first 'playoff' win this year. They're basically fighting for their lives at this point. Just how big is the difference, now, between 1-3 and 0-4.

Yes, smartasses, I know it's only one game, but mentally, it's much more than that.

the 4 cardiac arrests I had last night agree.....and it also seems to me that this win is different than last year's...last year we won but were clearly not the more phyical team, last night we just stomped a mudhole in the Raven's....we are becoming a more complete team, let's hope we can dig out of a deeeeep hole...

King_Chief_Fan
10-05-2004, 07:27 AM
That pass to Gonzo was just sick. Greens scrambling his ass off, doesn't even look like he's looking downfield, then out of nowhere lets one go. Trent really showed good vision and pocket presence tonight...how many times did he step up into the pocket just in time to miss the rush? He got off to a slow start again this year, but it looks like the real Green is back.

Big difference between wks 1&2 compared to last night.
He looked pro bowl last night.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Green scrambled well and had a good game.

However, I'm a little worried about his release. He has something going on that is really putting the "ugly" on a few of his balls.

Nzoner
10-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Although Priest was deserving,I think Green should've gotten to at least share the horsetrailer with him.Green's leadership last night reminded me of a certain qb whom I'd rather not mention that was not going to be denied in a certain SB.

Lzen
10-05-2004, 08:46 AM
I know what you mean. I said "This one's coming back." on a play where Priest busted out to the left and gained about 8 yards. It's so bad one can even predict it.
They showed several replays during the last Raven's TD drive where there was clearly holding and it wasn't called. Heck, Stills almost got his jersey taken off on one play. It's maddening to see Warfield get called for holding in the endzone, which he was doing, but to watch the other team march down the field and not get called at all when there was clearly holding on one or two of the plays. I wish the refs would be consistent.

Yes, I saw that play. They practically undressed Stills on that one. :shake:

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Trent Green is sooooo the man.

nmt1
10-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Yes, I saw that play. They practically undressed Stills on that one. :shake:

Yeah it was BS. I guess the Umpire didn't see it. Anyway, I only want the refs to be consistent. If they're gonna call holding, call it on everyone. Warfield was holding and deserved to be called for it and so did the Ravens when they were holding.

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2004, 08:51 AM
...Trent just plays with heart. I've been saying since the Browns game 2 years ago (the helmet throwing incident) that Trent just does everything he can to win a game. He was scrambling, rushing, smart passes...Trent's the man. There's a reason he was in the pro bowl, and he showed it last night...

KHinz57
10-05-2004, 08:54 AM
What can we say? He's the white version of Michael Vick! LOL

Ghostof
10-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Not to be a damper on things, but any thoughts on the confusion when we took back to back timeouts?

Too much noise?

MichaelH
10-05-2004, 08:55 AM

I couldn't agree more! The real KC Chiefs stepped up.

I've been getting calls and email all morning from friends congratulating me on the Chiefs win. It does feel like a playoff win!

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Not to be a damper on things, but any thoughts on the confusion when we took back to back timeouts?

Too much noise?

I heard something about it being a microphone problem in Trent's helmet, but that still means it was noise. I couldn't believe they took 3 timeouts in the first quarter. I was about to freak out completely...

FringeNC
10-05-2004, 08:57 AM
there were 3-4 plays where his scrambling saved our ass....big time plays...when did he learn to be so "elusive"? ROFL

I noticed the same thing...instead of moving in circles, and eventually running into a OL-man, he actually was RUNNING forward.

jspchief
10-05-2004, 08:57 AM

Too much noise?

Vermeil said they were having "noise problems" in his postgame interview.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Trent saved our ass a few times, i just loved how the whole offense worked together, along with the defense. They really need to watch the film that is how every game should be like from here on out, except with us blowing some teams out ;) I was impressed with how hard they fought and wanted this W.

JazzzLovr
10-05-2004, 09:39 AM
I noticed the same thing...instead of moving in circles, and eventually running into a OL-man, he actually was RUNNING forward.

Speaking of that, did anyone else enjoy watching Boller basically sack himself by running into his OL-man? ROFL

memyselfI
10-05-2004, 09:43 AM

He's also rather lucky HE is not sitting in a hard neck brace after that headfirst dive he took after his scramble. :eek: :shake:

He looked MUCH better than his previous games this season.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Am I the only one worried about Green's balls?

memyselfI
10-05-2004, 09:48 AM

No, his Mrs. probably is.

:p

NewChief
10-05-2004, 09:59 AM

If you're referencing the lame duck throws, I'm a little worried about them as well. I do think that two of them were caused by him changing his mind about releasing the ball at the last instant, but that's not really an excuse.

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Don't worry! No Picks!! Holy Crap guys, just enjoy the win!!

Mark M
10-05-2004, 12:09 PM
He's also rather lucky HE is not sitting in a hard neck brace after that headfirst dive he took after his scramble. :eek: :shake:

You mean like your lover boy?

MM
~~nlm

Mark M
10-05-2004, 12:11 PM

Too much noise?

I heard that Trent was having problems with the speaker in his helmet.

And I mean the electronic device that relays the coach's voice, not Tip O'Neil.

MM
~~:)

memyselfI
10-05-2004, 12:19 PM
You mean like your lover boy?

MM
~~nlm

Actually, my husband is the one who pointed out how foolish that play Trent did actually was...I just shook my head and said he got lucky.

Mark M
10-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Actually, my husband is the one who pointed out how foolish that play was...I just shook my head and said he got lucky.

Who got lucky?

Trent (because he ducked before the Bmore player elbowed him in the head ... which, last I checked, was illegal)?

Or Gannon (because he got out of KC before you were able to track him down and make him your love slave)?

MM
~~:hmmm:

jcl-kcfan2
10-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Green scrambled well and had a good game.

However, I'm a little worried about his release. He has something going on that is really putting the "ugly" on a few of his balls.

I think he was trying to NOT throw the ball at the last minute. Doing that made the back end of the ball "squirt-out" funny.

Calcountry
10-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Green looked great primarily because he didn't force it to Gonzo.

Instead, he went through his progressions and (more often than not) found the open receiver. And that is what this offense is all about -- on almost every single pass play, someone, somewhere, will be open.

Last night, Trent seemed to do what he's done the last two years (make the smart pass), rather than do what he did his first year and the first 3 games this year (trying to do too much).

The scrambles were a bonus. :D

MM
The O line was on, they were giving him just enough time against a very agressive D. They were getting off the ball better than at any point this season. Once on the goal line play that Priest dove in, they munched them fuggers bad.

Calcountry
10-05-2004, 02:20 PM

That was not a playoff game, that was a "proud to wear this Jersey" game.

Mark M
10-05-2004, 02:30 PM
The O line was on, they were giving him just enough time against a very agressive D. They were getting off the ball better than at any point this season. Once on the goal line play that Priest dove in, they munched them fuggers bad.

The O-line deserves major credit for making the Ravens look foolish, but when the pocket did break down, Trent made the smart play, rather than trying to do too much.

Trent is a great QB when he makes the smart decision. He needs to realize that he doesn't have a cannon for an arm -- he needs to be accurate, take what the defense give him and let guys make plays.

The runs he makes (and even the occassional block) may not be the smartest decisions, but they show his heart, toughness and willingness to do what it takes to win. IMHO, it was his block against Miami two years ago that earned him the respect of his teammates and the fans.

MM

Calcountry
10-05-2004, 02:31 PM
I heard that Trent was having problems with the speaker in his helmet.

And I mean the electronic device that relays the coach's voice, not Tip O'Neil.

MM
PSSSSSssssssssssst. Dude, Tip O'Neil hasn't been speaker for like, 15 years.

Mark M
10-05-2004, 02:32 PM
PSSSSSssssssssssst. Dude, Tip O'Neil hasn't been speaker for like, 15 years.
Yes, but how many other Speaker's of the House can people remember?

MM