PDA

View Full Version : Unbelieveable! Sal Palatonio from ESPN on DA show

KingPriest2
10-05-2004, 07:26 AM
said the Chiefs D got away with one. He was not impressed. Baltimores O is not good. He said our D surrendered 24 points, Bullshit 17 points and 7 of those points came on a fluke play.

But he did say a monster was awaken last night.

Big Chief Homer
10-05-2004, 07:28 AM
so does that mean he picks us the beat Jacksonville to? their O sucks as well.

morphius
10-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Ignorance is bliss. Of course that same pathetic OFFENSE has scored 23 points each of its last two games, we only gave up 17...

King_Chief_Fan
10-05-2004, 07:46 AM
said the Chiefs D got away with one. He was not impressed. Baltimores O is not good. He said our D surrendered 24 points, Bullshit 17 points and 7 of those points came on a fluke play.

Not sure what game that a hole was watching.
212 total yards of offense......Lewis had only 73 yds.

However, return yards were 250.

We smashed their O in the mouth..........Ray Lewis too!!!

KcMizzou
10-05-2004, 07:47 AM
He also said that the Chiefs will be right back in the thick of things in a few weeks...

That Denver scares no one.... and that "in a fight" he'd take Trent and Priest over Plummer and Griffin any day.

the Talking Can
10-05-2004, 07:49 AM
yup, here are some other qoutes:

said Denver "scares no one"

said "in a fight, I'd take Trent Green over Jake Plummber in a heart beat"

said "they woke up a sleeping giant last night" ROFL

Brock
10-05-2004, 07:49 AM
The D had to defend a short field all night, thanks to ST breakdowns. I think they played great.

HolmeZz
10-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Rich Eisen just credited OUR offensive line with shutting down Jamal. :shake:

Even when we play very well on D it doesn't get noticed.

MOhillbilly
10-05-2004, 08:16 AM
I know most of you are all nutty over the KC win,fine.
But facts are facts, KC was lucky to dominate the game the way they did and come away w/ a win.
But F*it a Win is a Win.:thumb:

the Talking Can
10-05-2004, 08:18 AM
But facts are facts, KC was lucky to dominate the game the way they did and come away w/ a win.
But F*it a Win is a Win.:thumb:

how do "luck" and "domination" end up in the same sentence?...

KcMizzou
10-05-2004, 08:18 AM
:hmmm:

Good question. I don't get it either.

MOhillbilly
10-05-2004, 08:31 AM
UM:hmmm: they only won by 3 when they shoulda won by 30.
They are lucky they didnt get beat.

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Over the years , many teams get dominated during the game and somehow find a few breaks along the way to win.

It almost happened last night !

How many of you ( Us ) were on there seats thinking the last time Baltimore had the ball they would find a way to score. Our D had played well all night, but the previous drive by the Ravens was easy, they marched downfield and scored. A few plays along the way helped them....But hey, didn't that drive remind any of us about the last 3 years and our D. Only to lose it in the end.....Kinda like Carolina and Houston last week ....... letting a team hang close to lose in the end ?

I seen good signs last night from the D, but nothing I'm going to go ga ga over and claim we have turned the side and are playoff bound.

We are still 2 games back of our division leader , as well as a WC team. These 3 losses are going to bite us unless we can get on a hot streak and win 9 / 10 more games.

MichaelH
10-05-2004, 08:36 AM

The offensive line dominated the line of scrimmage. The offense dominated in time of possession and first downs. But I think we were awfully lucky that the opposing QB was Boller and not someone like Manning. Also, I think we were lucky that Heap wasn't in the ballgame. That last play on 4th and long was almost a completion. Would a better QB/WR combo have made the play? We'll never know. That being said, the Chiefs won and will win again. Hopefully in the same fashion many more times.

the Talking Can
10-05-2004, 08:37 AM
The offensive line dominated the line of scrimmage. The offense dominated in time of possession and first downs. But I think we were awfully lucky that the opposing QB was Boller and not someone like Manning. Also, I think we were lucky that Heap wasn't in the ballgame. That last play on 4th and long was almost a completion. Would a better QB/WR combo have made the play? We'll never know. That being said, the Chiefs won and will win again. Hopefully in the same fashion many more times.

we we're playing the Ravens...the Colts are irrelevant...I mean, what if we were playing the 85 Bears?

FringeNC
10-05-2004, 08:40 AM
WTF game did he watch?

MOhillbilly
10-05-2004, 08:41 AM
we we're playing the Ravens...the Colts are irrelevant...I mean, what if we were playing the 85 Bears?

You forget the Texans game already?:harumph:

MichaelH
10-05-2004, 08:47 AM

Believe me, I'm not trying to take away anything in the win. Both sides of the ball played very well. The special teams need alot of work but they were a little better. I guess we can't expect everything at once. I was only trying to answer your question regarding luck and domination in the same sentence. There was both in my opinion.

WarCry!
10-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Actually, the defense gave up 17, including the 7 on the flea flicker. 7 came from ST's. Considering that the Ravens seem to start possessions at midfield all night because of crappy ST's play, I thought the defense did a fine job!!!!

Sal Palantonio (or however you spell his name) is so far wrong on this one - we dominated that game in every aspect EXCEPT ST's. It's something the Chiefs are going to have to find an answer for if they really are going to turn the season around. But for now, I'm going to bask in the glory of a good old fashioned butt kicking the Chiefs laid on the Ravens last night and Sal Palantonio can kiss my arse.

Lzen
10-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Like Brock said, the defense played with a short field all night. The kickoff and punt coverage was atrocious last night. Part of the blame, I think, on punts was due to Baker's suck ass kicks. The guy can't get any kind of hang time. When is Cheek gonna be back? We need him badly. If the coverage would've been good, this game would not have been close.

HC_Chief
10-05-2004, 09:34 AM
I see his point... we faced a team ranked <i>dead last</i> in passing offense missing one of their top wideouts and their TE (who is nearly as good as Gonzo). Our O was PHENOMINAL; it kept their O off the field.

Their RB is a straight-ahead type, which actually helped KC... the KC D is ripped apart by cutback runners.

Don't let this ONE game fool you - the matchup favored KC. The Jax game does as well; but Taylor is better at cutting back, so expect more rushing yards allowed. Indy and NE will probably torch the D... don't be shocked when it happens.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2004, 09:35 AM
said the Chiefs D got away with one. He was not impressed. Baltimore's O is not good. He said our D surrendered 24 points, Bullshit 17 points and 7 of those points came on a fluke play.

thats funny...

the segment i saw with Palatonio, he was raving about how the chiefs dominated all night long and how the chief really out physical-ed Baltimore and stuck it to Ray Lewis.

:shrug:

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Indy and NE will probably torch the D... don't be shocked when it happens.Those games will be barnburners. Indy's D might even be worse than ours.

HC_Chief
10-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Oh crap, I forgot we play Atlanta too. :(

MichaelH
10-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh crap, I forgot we play Atlanta too. :(

Yep. Atlanta will be a tough one. While their offense is mostly Vick, their defense it very good at every position.

HC_Chief
10-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Dunn is having a huge year too. Atl is a scary matchup.

Brock
10-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Those games will be barnburners. Indy's D might even be worse than ours.

Without a doubt they're worse. Much worse.

Baby Lee
10-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Those games will be barnburners. Indy's D might even be worse than ours.
Indy's D IS worse. Last I saw, they were last in the league.

kc rush
10-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Their RB is a straight-ahead type, which actually helped KC... the KC D is ripped apart by cutback runners.

Baltimore sets up cut back lanes a lot like the donx. I know that this was discussed quite a bit last year when we faced Baltimore and Lewis ran for over 100 yards.

ChiefsOne
10-05-2004, 10:05 AM
But F*it a Win is a Win

Damnit Hillbilly, just let us gloat a little today.
Lucky and dominate = Oxymoron

Just plain dominated and with out the two f'uped plays the score would have been much better!

HolmeZz
10-05-2004, 10:06 AM
UM:hmmm: they only won by 3 when they shoulda won by 30.
They are lucky they didnt get beat.

I think the point you're trying to make is that Baltimore was lucky it was as close on the scoreboard as it was. The Chiefs weren't 'lucky' to win. They easily were more deserving.

MOhillbilly
10-05-2004, 10:13 AM
I think the point you're trying to make is that Baltimore was lucky it was as close on the scoreboard as it was. The Chiefs weren't 'lucky' to win. They easily were more deserving.

keep your own words in your own mouth.

HolmeZz
10-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Based on how badly you present yourself, you may want to look into other people speaking on your behalf.

MOhillbilly
10-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Based on how badly you present yourself, you may want to look into other people speaking on your behalf.

i care? worry about yourself queer.

PastorMikH
10-05-2004, 10:36 AM
said the Chiefs D got away with one. He was not impressed. Baltimores O is not good. He said our D surrendered 24 points, 17 points and 7 of those points came on a fluke play.

Actually...

3 points from genuinely working downfield against our D.
7 points from a trick play.
7 points from our ST Unit
7 points from the officials

Baby Lee
10-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Actually...

3 points from genuinely working downfield against our D.
7 points from a trick play.
7 points from our ST Unit
7 points from the officials
small correction, the first line should say 6 from genuinely. . . and the last line should be 4 additional points from officials.

patteeu
10-05-2004, 10:41 AM
I'm thrilled about the victory last night. But I do agree with MOhillbilly about being both lucky and dominant. The Chiefs were lucky that that last pass by Boller was dropped by an outstretched receiver. The game was so close, despite the dominant play of both our offense and defense, the fact that Baltimore was one completioon and a few additional yards away from kicking a field goal to tie the game leaves me feeling lucky.

Imon Yourside
10-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Lucky? actually i think we were uncursed for the 1st time this year, or the bad mojo left towards the end of the game. It's not luck, it's the fact that reverse luck wasn't involved!

PastorMikH
10-05-2004, 11:59 AM
small correction, the first line should say 6 from genuinely. . . and the last line should be 4 additional points from officials.

Wasn't that also the series where Warfield intercepted the pass in the endzone and they called him for a holding or something and gave the ball back to Baltimore?

If so, that tally I put up would be correct.:)

beer bacon
10-05-2004, 12:05 PM
I disagree about us being "lucky" to win. We were unlucky that it was as close as it was. It seemed to me that we were cursed again by the football gods this week with many more things going against then for us, but our team would not lie down and take it.

I loved this victory because almost nothing did go our way, but our defense and offense played so well that it did not matter.

Wasn't that also the series where Warfield intercepted the pass in the endzone and they called him for a holding or something and gave the ball back to Baltimore?

If so, that tally I put up would be correct.:)

On that play it was pretty clear from the replay that Warfield was actually holding. The 3rd and 8 on the play before on the other hand the ball was uncatchable and it was a real iffy call calling PI on McCleon anyways. It should have been fourth down and an FG after that incompletion on 3rd and 8.