PDA

View Full Version : OK, come clean, who here thought .....

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 08:56 AM
On Baltimore last chance, we would stop them ? I had the feeling that we would find some way to lose it.

On Baltimore last TD drive, they came down field pretty damn easy !

Then we get a stop ! I thought we would then move the ball and kill the clock. Oh No, that's to easy, we had to have a last chance finish , another stop from our defense !

That last play was only inches from putting our team in a 0 - 4 hole. Who's to say that Baltimore would have scored a TD or FG to force OT, not me, but with our D of years past, I was nervous about it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-05-2004, 08:58 AM
I was cautiously optimist when Baltimore started their last drive... very cautious...

InChiefsHeaven
Agreed. But, I choose not to dwell on such feelings...dammit!! LEmme enjoy the win!!

the Talking Can
I had my cat in a choke hold.....

Gaz
10-05-2004, 09:00 AM
I confess that I was horrified when the Offense stalled out. I thought: “Here we go again." The O botched it at the end of the 1st half and then Special Teams allowed the TD.

The O had another shot to put it away at the end of the game and failed again. Fortunately, the D came through. True, the final incompletion was a near thing, but close just don’t cut it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Felt that sinking feeling.

MOhillbilly
I definately was.
Now all we can ask is for KC to pull even.

Phobia
Uh - considering the past 4 years of hell....

No, I didn't think we'd stop them. I think that's why everybody is so overjoyed today. Our D made a critical stop when we needed them. That hasn't happened very often in KC this century.

2bikemike
I had one of those tension headaches the whole freaking game. When that last pass bounced off the ground I was finally able to breathe. I kept thinking O chit here we go again!

jspchief
10-05-2004, 09:01 AM
I was scared to death.

On the last fourth down play, I told my buddy "they won't go for the first down marker, they'll throw deep on us and either complete it or get a pass-interference call."

Thank god I was only half right.

KCTitus
watching that 4th down play I have to admit, I was just waiting for the little <-Flag-> thing to come up under the score...

The refs could have called illegal contact on that...it was much worse than McCleons PI call.

On another note...since the advent of the new replay rules, Ive never seen a booth review on a spot before. NEVER.

Miles
I was pretty worried but fortunatly for us J Lewis is a one dimensional back and doesnt play in passing situations. He was killing us on their previous scoring drive.

Baby Lee
10-05-2004, 09:02 AM
I had my cat in a choke hold.....
It's spelled P-E-N-I-S.

BL, the inveterate joke recycler.

KCWolfman
10-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Actually, I felt comfortable from the middle of the third quarter on.

The D was adjusting to the situations instead of using the "that's my route and I'm sticking to it". They were actually tackling instead of bumping. And they seemed to be fresh (no doubt considering how long the O held the ball). The only truly monumental frustrating moment from them was the flea flicker. How do 3 defensive members allow a single receiver to get behind every single one of them?

The ST needs a fat kick in the head for their poor work and attempts to give away the game.

the Talking Can
10-05-2004, 09:04 AM
It's spelled P-E-N-I-S.

I've got 2 hands....one for the c...

morphius
10-05-2004, 09:06 AM
I was scared out of my gord. I was so hyped up that I couldn't fall asleep until 1am.

Gaz
10-05-2004, 09:33 AM
It's spelled P-E-N-I-S.

You may have only one joke in your repertoire, but it is a versatile one.

xoxo~
Gaz
Admires a multi-tasker.

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I was , I was sure we would muck it up, somehow. With all the bad luck we have had this year, it was nice to get the monkey off the back.

I was equally pissed after having stopped Baltimore, we had the ball back in our hands . Be dammned if we go 3 and out trying to run the clock out. Poor play calling if you ask me. Baltimore had what, 4 - 5 timeouts left ? We knew they would use them to stop the clock after each run.

Pass selections are tough in these parts of the game, you want to be aggressive but not turn it over in good fieldposition for the other team.

After we went 3 and out, I was concerned, even after Sapp sack.... I was thinking, OH NO, what can go wrong now ?

Again, thankful for the win, but against a better team with an offense and we would have loss that game in the end.

Coogs
10-05-2004, 09:48 AM
I felt good about the situation. Started feeling it last week against the Texans.

GR is gone. I knew we wouldn't get the stinkin' soft zone, spinner crap, and try and out smart the Ravens. I knew Gun was going to pressure Boller.

The tide has turned. We can put the game in the hands of the defense again.

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 09:50 AM
I felt good about the situation. Started feeling it last week against the Texans.

GR is gone. I knew we wouldn't get the stinkin' soft zone, spinner crap, and try and out smart the Ravens. I knew Gun was going to pressure Boller.

The tide has turned. We can put the game in the hands of the defense again.

Oh Dear Lord..... I am not ready for that yet !

Our offense needs to start putting teams away !

nmt1
10-05-2004, 09:54 AM
I was thinking we were done for. I was reminded of the Marty years when our offense would get the ball back towards the end of the game and wasn't able to get a few first downs to put the game away. When you can't seal the deal, you're usually cooked.
Fortunately, our defense was able to seal it.

ChiefsOne
10-05-2004, 09:54 AM
I'm an optimist at heart, but my head was swimming. Glad for the final results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hel'n
10-05-2004, 09:58 AM
I thought for sure we would find a way to pull defeat from the jaws of victory... Whatever Gunther and DV fed them, let's hope they keep it up!

Again, props to the Chiefs. I didn't think they had it in them. Kudos boys!

:)

38yrsfan
10-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Pi call was VERY questionable, it was even out-of-bounds, uncatchable! That 7 points should have been 3. With the punt return for 7 and the trick-play for 7 that point total, 21 could very likely have been 3 + maybe 6, instead as the D was playing like one. Score should have been (27+) - (6 to 12), breakdowns, Chiefs jinx, official reviews (what a bunch of BS, how many times has anyone seen that!) and some poor play selections made it a close game. "America loves drama", Monday night football is getting to be all about entertainment 1st, football 2nd.

Red Dawg
10-05-2004, 10:44 AM
I was a nervous wreck until Sapp got Boller and then I knew we would win. The last pass was scary. he damn near caught it. I thank the Lord he didn't because my foot would have been planted in my big screen.

38yrsfan
10-05-2004, 10:53 AM
I was a nervous wreck until Sapp got Boller and then I knew we would win. The last pass was scary. he damn near caught it. I thank the Lord he didn't because my foot would have been planted in my big screen.

Yeah ... I've "lost" a few remotes over the years watching the Chiefs!

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 10:57 AM

They still needed another 10-12 yards to have a shot at the FG, I was affraid that they would pull off a TD had he caught it !

Feeling much better now, 12 hrs later ! :thumb:

BIG_DADDY
10-05-2004, 11:01 AM
I thought we would win going in but it sure seemed like we were trying to give it away there for awhile.

KCN
10-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Nothing was going through my head on that final drive. Just me in a mindless daze in front of the TV with my heart racing and one eye closed.

Yeah ... I've "lost" a few remotes over the years watching the Chiefs!

Funny you should say that because I just got back from Best Buy. Had to replace the remote which became shattered after that BS pass interference call in the end zone.

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Nothing was going through my head on that final drive. Just me in a mindless daze in front of the TV with my heart racing and one eye closed.

Funny you should say that because I just got back from Best Buy. Had to replace the remote which became shattered after that BS pass interference call in the end zone.

Write yourself a note...don't have anything in your hands while watching the Chiefs...

KCN
10-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Write yourself a note...don't have anything in your hands while watching the Chiefs...

You just set that one right up.

Calcountry
10-05-2004, 12:15 PM
I confess that I was horrified when the Offense stalled out. I thought: “Here we go again." The O botched it at the end of the 1st half and then Special Teams allowed the TD.

The O had another shot to put it away at the end of the game and failed again. Fortunately, the D came through. True, the final incompletion was a near thing, but close just don’t cut it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Felt that sinking feeling.

Don't take anything away from the Ravens D now. That was a quality D our O was up against, and they pretty much owned them the whole game.

Props to Morton, caught everthing thrown to him, including makeing a great play on a ball he shouldn't have caught.

Props to Green, making a play, scrambling out of the pocket on 3rd and long, to keep a drive going.

Props to the D, for making stops when we needed them.

Props to Gunther, for telling the fans under his booth at the end of the game to "fug off".