PDA

View Full Version : You've been sacked...on Monday Night Football.

Rain Man
10-05-2004, 10:01 AM
For the love of all that is good and holy, please deliver us from this abomination. Just stop it now, and let us never speak of it again.

HolmeZz
10-05-2004, 10:03 AM
The Torry Holt segment was a bit funny, but it was awful last night. Wasn't thought out at all.

tyton75
10-05-2004, 10:05 AM
For what the segment is worth.. I kinda liked it... it made me laugh.. (this is the first one I have seen however)

jspchief
Props to Monday night football for being completely unoriginal, ripping off MTV's Punked, and doing it in a bad way so that it isn't funny.

Whatever happened to showing football during a football game. Can't we just get Sunday highlights?

Baby Lee
They as much as admitted that the one last week Torry Holt as a tranny with was shockingly awful. Then they assured us that the segment last night had several 'laugh out loud' moments. Kutcher on Punk'd has bowel movements funnier than that retread.

Braincase
10-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Wouldn't it be more fun with O.J. Simpson?

nmt1
10-05-2004, 10:08 AM
I thought it was pretty weak. Towards the end of the segment I was thinking "How can this guy not know something's going on with a camera stuck in his face?"

Rain Man
10-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Whatever happened to showing football during a football game. Can't we just get Sunday highlights?

Back in the 70s, they would do a series of one-minute summaries of the games the day before. I loved that, especially back in those days when I often couldn't see the Chiefs play live. Those clips would be my only chance to see them in action.

This stuff now is just a tragedy of modern television.

And yeah, BL, I liked how they flat-out admitted that they "got negative feedback" on the Torry Holt travesty.

Rain Man
10-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Wouldn't it be more fun with O.J. Simpson?

Now THAT one I'd watch.

"Mr. Simpson? I'm Mark Fuhrman with the LAPD. I'm here to arrest you for the murders of Ron Goldman and Nicole Simpson."

That'd be a hoot.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 10:11 AM
If they wanted to copy something, they got the wrong show. I'd love to see Ray Lewis sitting in a shopping cart being run into a brick wall at 20 MPH.

Baby Lee
10-05-2004, 10:14 AM
For what the segment is worth.. I kinda liked it... it made me laugh.. (this is the first one I have seen however)
If you'd seen just one episode of Punk'd, you'd think differently. They did the exact same thing to Tracy Morgan re: towing the auto, only they went much farther, and funnier. With the tow driver soliciting bribes to let the car off the truck, and telling Tracy that he was towing it to some town 150 miles away where the tow lot was.
They also did the exact same thing to Justin Timberlake, re: the repossession on tax grounds, at Justins house, except they went the extra step of bringing in copies of things Justin held dear and stuffing them in boxes clumsily, breaking all sorts of sh!t, and holding the joke until Jason was ready to throw down.

Baby Lee
10-05-2004, 10:16 AM
If they wanted to copy something, they got the wrong show. I'd love to see Ray Lewis sitting in a shopping cart being run into a brick wall at 20 MPH.
Or how about Wade Robson critiquing Ray-rays dance styles?
You got served!!!

Eleazar
10-05-2004, 10:30 AM
"Sacked" sucks.

patteeu
10-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Back in the 70s, they would do a series of one-minute summaries of the games the day before. I loved that, especially back in those days when I often couldn't see the Chiefs play live. Those clips would be my only chance to see them in action.

This stuff now is just a tragedy of modern television.

And yeah, BL, I liked how they flat-out admitted that they "got negative feedback" on the Torry Holt travesty.

I was going to mention the same thing. Those highlight reels were the best MNF halftime ever. I guess they are superfluous for most now that SportsCenter plays 12 times per day on ESPN, but for those of us without cable it would be awesome.

Gaz
10-05-2004, 10:41 AM
I have not seen a halftime show for a decade or more.

Football! Gimme FOOTBALL!

Besides, the GazBladder needs drained right about that time.

xoxo~
Gaz
Missed Janet’s boob, too.

J Diddy
10-05-2004, 10:46 AM
I have not seen a halftime show for a decade or more.

Football! Gimme FOOTBALL!

Besides, the GazBladder needs drained right about that time.

xoxo~
Gaz
Missed Janet’s boob, too.

The boob was old and crusty.

Say your prayers everynight that nature had taken it's toll.

morphius
10-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Props to Monday night football for being completely unoriginal, ripping off MTV's Punked, and doing it in a bad way so that it isn't funny.

Yup, saw almost the exact same thing on Punk'd, and Punk'd did a much better job of it to.

Which is pretty sad.

Just another example of the ABC crew trying to get to the LCD.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Maybe we can tune into Punk'd in the future for NFL highlights....

Seriously, Punk'd should work a segment into their show just to mess with ABCMNF. Maybe they could punk Al Michaels with a Pat Summerall corpse or something....

Sure-Oz
10-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Nice Punk'd rip off, where's ashton?