PDA

View Full Version : Trent was the man last night.

Red Dawg
10-05-2004, 10:56 AM
The whole team did great and I was massively happy at the end but ZI have to say Trent was fabulous. He ran for two first downs, left the pocket more than once and found the open man. He was on target big gime. I was very impressed.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Naturally, people would be blocking out any bad plays he may have made due to the win.

Green made some plays and he also made some bad throws. One in particular was to Gonzo who was blanketed by a DB and 2 other Ravens were within 5 yards prior to Green's release. By rights, that one probably should have been picked.

I'm not bashing Green by any means, but I'm not gushing over him either. He made some nice scrambles which extended drives, but to say he was "on target big time" is a misnomer, IMO.

Demonpenz
10-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Green played average, he threw some ducks, some into double coverage, and one where two where he tried to pull back and just spiked it.

Demon XOXOX

Green needs to make better choices

Chief Fanatic
10-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Still the best game so far, no quarterback's perfect. He still made a few bad choices, but played with more guts than I've ever seen him play with before. A DETERMINED MAN

Red Dawg
10-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Average? 21 of 31 is not average. 255 a TD and no INT's is not average. I was mostly referring to his never go down attitude. He's slow as hell but still finds open space.

the Talking Can
10-05-2004, 11:44 AM
he was average?

damn....

Gaz
10-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Green still throws into coverage more than I would like and it seems to me [from my vantage point on the couch at Rancho Gaz] that he still looks for Gonzalez too much. Still, his performance last night was a fine thing to behold. Scrambling and spreading the ball around.

Good job.

xoxo~
Gaz
A bit more than content, but perhaps less than exuberant.

NewChief
10-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Green made some plays and he also made some bad throws. One in particular was to Gonzo who was blanketed by a DB and 2 other Ravens were within 5 yards prior to Green's release. By rights, that one probably should have been picked.

I'm not bashing Green by any means, but I'm not gushing over him either. He made some nice scrambles which extended drives, but to say he was "on target big time" is a misnomer, IMO.

I'm with you. I do think that he showed some real leadership, determination and guts (but that's never really been questioned).

I was screaming about some of the passes into coverage and thought we dodged a few bullets. Specifically (and I think this is the same play you refer to), was on a 3rd and 7 or so and all the receivers appeared to be on routes that were around 25-30 yards deep. I just didn't get that. Go for the underneath stuff to get the first down instead of taking a shot downfield. Take the shots downfield on 2nd and short, not 3rd and 7.

philfree
10-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Trent has been the man going on three years. His leadership and tough play are what's all about. Cool under pressure :clap: If it was 'Lenny the Cool' and 'Joe Cool' then it's it gotta be Trent the Cool.....no, wrong his nickname is the Trent "money" Green. Green is 'The Color Of Money'.

PhilFree :arrow:

Rain Man
10-05-2004, 12:20 PM
I can objectively say that Trent Green is godlike.