PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Question

Hoover
10-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Here is the deal. I'm pretty loaded at RB. I have the following backs on my team.

Shawn Alexander
Chris Brown
Rudi Johnson
O. Smith
M. Bennett
Q. Griffin

I'm in a league where you start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D. You can only have 14 players in your roster. So its hard to keep 6 backs on the roster. Now I've been trying to move Q. Griffin, one because I don't want 6 backs, and two to help improve some other positions on my team. So Last week I traded him for Chris Chambers stright up. My thinking is Q will not be the starter much longer and had one good game, and Chambers should snap out of hif funk and would be a nice back up on my bench in case he gets hot. 6 teams in my 12 man league voted it down. I was kind of shocked. So now this week, I've sent him to a team in return fro David Akers, and Alge Crumpler, and already have one guy voting it down with 2 more days to go.

So my question is what is Q worth? And do you think these owners are just being pricks and voting down deals, or is am I not putting the correct value on Q Griffin.

Thanks

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Snow Patrol.

Respect.

Hoover
10-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Snow Patrol.

Respect.
What?

Phobia
10-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Don't ask me anything about fantasy football because I'm disqualifying myself. I used to be a very skilled FFL manager, but now I suck. I think it is because my ass stinks.

Hoover
10-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Your ass does stink, we can all smell it up here in Iowa...

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 07:03 PM
What?

Hoover
10-05-2004, 10:09 PM
anyone?

Mojo Rising
10-05-2004, 10:12 PM
I think the first trade is fair. The second one you are getting the short end of the stick. RB's are always worth more than a TE, K or average WR. The other owners are being unfair to vote down this trade.

Miles
10-05-2004, 10:25 PM
This is obviously pure speculation but ill give it a shot.

The other owners are probably thinking the other guy is ripping you off in both trades. While Griffin has been sucking ass they probably still see him as Denver's feature back and that he will snap out of it. A chance at a solid RB is usually better than a slumping WR or a K/TE.

morphius
10-05-2004, 10:30 PM
This is obviously pure speculation but ill give it a shot.

The other owners are probably thinking the other guy is ripping you off in both trades. While Griffin has been sucking ass they probably still see him as Denver's feature back and that he will snap out of it. A chance at a solid RB is usually better than a slumping WR or a K/TE.
Right, a starting kicker is always worth more then just about anything else. Especially since there are a bunch of kickers available for nothing.