PDA

View Full Version : Halo Team

Pants
10-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that my Halo team owns everybody in my dorm. We just won a 3 (us) vs 4 (them) Gulch CTF match.

No one on their team had more than 14 kills, we had 31, 49 (me) and 62 kills. Needless to say it was a 3-0 shut out. I'm pumped, had to post it here, sorry.

Taco John
10-05-2004, 10:07 PM
I can't believe the first Halo isn't on X-box live...

morphius
10-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Wow, nerd bragging, gotta love it :D

Pants
10-05-2004, 10:18 PM
I can't believe the first Halo isn't on X-box live...

Xbox live didn't exist when Halo came out, DUH...

Morphius, I'm glad you think it's nerdy to play Halo.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 10:19 PM
I'll bet you get all the chicks.

Taco John
10-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Shows what I know... I got my Xbox used a little over a month ago... I love Halo. Great game.

morphius
10-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Xbox live didn't exist when Halo came out, DUH...

Morphius, I'm glad you think it's nerdy to play Halo.
NTTIAWWT...

I'm an old doom, duke, quake, UT player myself...

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Seems like a pretty low kill count for Bloodgulch CTF. My favorite type of game....

For some reason me and my friends usually end up in long ass games that last forever. It is fun though.

Pants
10-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Seems like a pretty low kill count for Bloodgulch CTF. My favorite type of game....

For some reason me and my friends usually end up in long ass games that last forever. It is fun though.

That's because we scored at will. We didn't want the massacre to continue, felt sorry for those 4 guys. I was like 50-10, and so were my friends. The scores get hella higher if the game goes for a longer time.

And yeah I have yet to see a nerd playing (and being good at) Halo.

Halo 2 in a month. There go me grades.

ChiefFripp
10-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Halo 2 will support Xbox Live, and it should be out by Christmas. They say it's coming out in November but I'll believe that when it happens.

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 10:29 PM
That's because we scored at will. We didn't want the massacre to continue, felt sorry for those 4 guys. I was like 50-10, and so were my friends. The scores get hella higher if the game goes for a longer time.

And yeah I have yet to see a nerd playing (and being good at) Halo.

Halo 2 in a month. There go me grades.
I can't wait for Halo 2...I am so so but my friends are really good. It sucks though becuase my XBOX is messed and I dont know what the hell I should do. It isn't recognizing the discs...it like isnt reading them...

Ultra Peanut
10-05-2004, 10:30 PM
I still haven't beaten Toe Jam & Earl on my Genesis.ToeJam & Earl? ROFL

I always sort of subconsciously associate TJ&E with Earthworm Jim and Boogerman.

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Halo 2 will support Xbox Live, and it should be out by Christmas. They say it's coming out in November but I'll believe that when it happens.
The final one was December...they have already pushed it back a few times but this is considered THE date. I think it will be.

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 10:32 PM
You gotta be kidding me. "Nerds don't play video games."

I'm really starting to wonder about you.
There is something different about Halo though...kids that are anything but nerdy get into it and the team aspects kind of make more so a social event...

I dont know how else to explain it. There were some great times when I lived in Dorms playing team Halo.

Pants
10-05-2004, 10:33 PM
I can't wait for Halo 2...I am so so but my friends are really good. It sucks though becuase my XBOX is messed and I dont know what the hell I should do. It isn't recognizing the discs...it like isnt reading them...

You must have gotten your Xbox that came from one of the early batches. PS2 had the same problems with their first couple waves, excpet it was more major.

I don't know Zach, try getting a cleaning disk, but something tells me you might have already tried that.

Ultra Peanut
10-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Am I the only one who liked A Boy and His Blob's theme song?

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 10:34 PM
You must have gotten your Xbox that came from one of the early batches. PS2 had the same problems with their first couple waves, excpet it was more major.

I don't know Zach, try getting a cleaning disk, but something tells me you might have already tried that.
I am pretty sure nothing I can do will help it...I am not sure how much it will cost to fix or weather it could just be better to get a new one...

I really dont have money to just throw around...bummer.

Pants
10-05-2004, 10:35 PM

You can wonder all you want. All I'm saying is I've yet to see a nerd play Halo. I don't know why, don't ask me, think whatever you want.

morphius
10-05-2004, 10:35 PM

I guess I should have used "geek", since that is more the appropriate term. But all the people I know that rock at games like this are geeks, and my friends play with the best, Johnathan Wendel.

Pants
10-05-2004, 10:37 PM
I guess I should have used "geek", since that is more the appropriate term. But all the people I know that rock at games like this are geeks, and my friends play with the best, Johnathan Wendel.

Never heard of him. What does he play?

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Ah, LAN Halo tourneys. Good times.

Ghostof
10-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Lawrence huh.

We may have to play at AdrenaLan sometime.

I'd have to set something up with the ol' NVGL team and show you guys how to play .

morphius
10-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Never heard of him. What does he play?
He is a KC resident, last I heard he was ranked #1 in the world as far as FPS go. Makes his living playing at tourney's around the world, has sponsers and the whole bit. As far as what does he play, just about everything.

Rain Man
10-06-2004, 09:00 AM
You may think you've won, but you'll never be able to assimilate back into civilian society once the war is over.

homey
10-06-2004, 09:07 AM
MetroMike -

When Halo 2 comes out and I get X-Box live, I'll have to show you what headshots are all about. I'll take you out in a banshee with a plasma grenade. You can only pretend to be on my level.

ChiefFripp
10-07-2004, 08:33 PM
The final one was December...they have already pushed it back a few times but this is considered THE date. I think it will be.
November 9th is the release date. Woot!

Pants
10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
He is a KC resident, last I heard he was ranked #1 in the world as far as FPS go. Makes his living playing at tourney's around the world, has sponsers and the whole bit. As far as what does he play, just about everything.

That's impossible. There is no ONE person who can be the best at every FPS, they are way too different.

And yeah, homey, I'm sure you will... mmm hmm, keep telling that to yourself.

Skip Towne
10-07-2004, 08:54 PM

I once owned 100 arcade type video games @ $3000 per copy and I STILL wouldn't play them.

ZootedGranny
10-14-2004, 01:02 AM
The PAL version of Halo 2 has been leaked for those that are interested in those things.

ChiefFripp
10-14-2004, 05:19 AM
The PAL version of Halo 2 has been leaked for those that are interested in those things.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/14/news_6110539.html

Guess you're right.