PDA

View Full Version : Revealed: Why Gunther went off on the Ravens fans.

BigRedChief
10-06-2004, 06:45 AM
The Ravens gave out white spirit towels last night and they were holding them up en masse in front of GUN so he could not see the field of play.

After victory was sealed, Gun went off. Its great I love it. Go get em Gun! :thumb:

CosmicPal
10-06-2004, 08:01 AM
The Ravens gave out white spirit towels last night and they were holding them up en masse in front of GUN so he could not see the field of play.

After victory was sealed, Gun went off. Its great I love it. Go get em Gun! :thumb:

To be honest with you...if I had a "spirit towel" and I was sitting underneath an opposing defensive coordinator- I'd be doing the same thing.

teedubya
10-06-2004, 08:04 AM
I got the spirit yes I do... I got the spirit, how bout YOU? :shrug:

KCFANinNC
10-06-2004, 08:31 AM
He should have called security.

I still can not believe they got Gun in a freaking booth. I thought he would never leave the sideline.

morphius
10-06-2004, 08:40 AM

I still can not believe they got Gun in a freaking booth. I thought he would never leave the sideline.
As DC he was always in the booth, it gives you a better view of what the offense is doing to you.

Skip Towne
10-06-2004, 08:40 AM
The Chiefs should complain to the league about the obstruction of view of the field. The league could make the Ravens stop selling those seats. It wouldn't help us but it could prevent it happening to the next guy.

BigRedChief
10-06-2004, 09:11 AM

Gun is in the booth because he wants to be in the booth.

Lzen
10-06-2004, 09:13 AM
The Chiefs should complain to the league about the obstruction of view of the field. The league could make the Ravens stop selling those seats. It wouldn't help us but it could prevent it happening to the next guy.

Agreed, this is definitely an unfair advantage. This kind of thing should never be allowed. That's bullshit. They should win because their team is good not because they resort to cheating.

PastorMikH
10-06-2004, 10:54 AM

That was one of the many problems I had with our last DC. I thought he should have been in the booth where he could get a better look at what's going on instead of being on the sidelines playing cheerleader.

KC Kings
10-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Agreed, this is definitely an unfair advantage. This kind of thing should never be allowed. That's bullshit. They should win because their team is good not because they resort to cheating.

If you are cheating, you aren't trying. I can't go out on the field and catch the ball for Morton. I can't go out and make a tackle on a punt returner. But I will scream, yell, cheer, heckle, and any other thing possible, (and legal) to help the team.

Holding up towels is different, but keeping a man from seeing with towels is pretty much the same as keeping a man from hearing on 3rd down audibles with noise.

PastorMikH
10-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Is there anyway we can get Lamar to install seats right below the opposing team's coordinator box? Or perhaps move the Coordinator box to where there are seats right below it?

:)

milkman
10-06-2004, 11:08 AM

If they do complain, they'll just give the league another idea to help the offenses, since that's all they care about.

They'll implement a rule that makes it illegal for any DC or defensive coach to see the game.

Mr. Laz
10-06-2004, 11:10 AM

:shrug: someone needs to watch more chiefs football

as DC, Gun has always been in the booth as far back as i can remember.

go bo
10-06-2004, 11:11 AM
If they do complain, they'll just give the league another idea to help the offenses, since that's all they care about.

They'll implement a rule that makes it illegal for any DC or defensive coach to see the game.ouch, that hurts...

because it's not so far out of the realm of possibility...

go bo
10-06-2004, 11:12 AM
:shrug: someone needs to watch more chiefs football

as DC, Gun has always been in the booth as far back as i can remember.and how far is that? :shrug:

(sorry, just couldn't resist...)

elvomito
10-06-2004, 11:24 AM
someone at the kcstar chiefs bb captured and posted this photo... i love it

KC Jones
10-06-2004, 11:32 AM

You've never seen Gun as a DC before have you?

Mr. Laz
10-06-2004, 11:38 AM
and how far is that? :shrug:

(sorry, just couldn't resist...)

:D

i'm an old,old man ... i can remember pretty far back

Sure-Oz
10-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Gun should've grabbed hte fans towel and wiped his ass with it, kinda like what bobby knight does lol!

go bo
10-06-2004, 11:40 AM

i'm an old,old man ... i can remember pretty far backwell, i'm "old" too, and i have trouble remembering what i had for breakfast...

oh wait, i haven't had breakfast yet... :D

go bo
10-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Gun should've grabbed hte fans towel and wiped his ass with it, kinda like what bobby knight does lol!i'm actually a little surprised that gun didn't grab that "fan" and use him to wipe the floor!!

milkman
10-06-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm getting old and have trouble remembering.......wait, what were we talking about?

KCFANinNC
10-06-2004, 11:47 AM
You've never seen Gun as a DC before have you?

I have, but I thought he was on the sidelines then.

I must really miss all those brain cells I have destroyed over the years.

PastorMikH
10-06-2004, 12:01 PM
i'm actually a little surprised that gun didn't grab that "fan" and use him to wipe the floor!!

May have had something to do with that plexiglass that was seperating him from them.

Chieficus
10-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Is there anyway we can get Lamar to install seats right below the opposing team's coordinator box? Or perhaps move the Coordinator box to where there are seats right below it?

Hey, might as well try...after all we already pump crowd noise in through the speakers, right???

:jester:

J Diddy
10-06-2004, 12:02 PM
May have had something to do with that plexiglass that was seperating him from them.

He should of just reached out with his iron fist through the plexiglass and tore the mans heart out.

:shake:
man I watch too much tv

Warrior5
10-06-2004, 12:09 PM
If Gun "accidentally" spilled his spitoon out the front window, I'll bet that would clear his field of vision real quick.

teedubya
10-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Lazurus has the long fugged up sig... that is totally fugging up the message board.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Now available at NFL.com:

http://waumadscn7.eastbay.com/is/image/EB/70032031?tags=no&WID=500&$Number=52&$LNumber=5&$RNumber=2&$Name=KCSBITCH&$ENLARGE$

Skip Towne
10-06-2004, 04:52 PM

i'm an old,old man ... i can remember pretty far back
Not as far back as me. I'm an even older man. I remember when penalty flags were red. And there were no Wide Receivers.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Also available at NFL.com:

http://waumadscn7.eastbay.com/is/image/EB/70032031?tags=no&WID=500&$Number=31&$LNumber=3&$RNumber=1&$Name=GUNSBITCH&$ENLARGE$

|Zach|
10-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Heh. They swiped it from here.
And made it less quality.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2004, 05:45 PM
kcstar board still exists, wow? Chiefsplanet>*

Mr. Laz
10-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Lazurus has the long fugged up sig... that is totally fugging up the message board.

maybe if you didnt' have some weak ass monitor still running 800x600 resolution.... :spock:

btw i didnt make my signature doofus ... they turned off the sig/picture links

i dont know if they are going to be turned back on or not

like your geek titties are "genious" or something :rolleyes:

Inspector
10-06-2004, 06:35 PM

Heck, just put the oppossing teams box in the parking lot with a radio tuned into the game.

If it's OK to block the view of the def coach, then do it right.

Darkwolfe
10-06-2004, 07:22 PM
someone at the kcstar chiefs bb captured and posted this photo... i love it

That quote for Gun was dead on too. Did you guys see him smirk afterwards? :fire: