PDA

View Full Version : Big Week in College Football...

Chieficus
10-06-2004, 03:50 PM
...for several teams...

First off, Oklahoma vs. Texas.

Will Texas be able to rebound from 4 years of humiliating losses? Will Mack Brown win the game that will make or break his future at Texas? Will G-Rob prove that he can build a defense to stop a quality college team?

The answer to all of the above: Of course not. (No bias here... :) ).

Brown told his players not to talk about OU this week. When asked about the game, Stoops looked into the camera and said: "It can't get here quick enough."

Oklahoma 58, teXas 20

California vs. USC

Was last year's win a fluke? Will USC finally fall after a poor showing verses Stanford? IF USC does lose, how will they respond against ASU next week?

California 24, USC 21

Tennessee vs. Georgia

This one's a special game, sniff, because I know fans of both teams...and some of them I will congradulate and the others I will mock... :)

But...Can Tennessee bounce back after last weeks loss? Will the Vol's find a single QB to go with this year? Is Georgia just really that good?

Fox Sports is giving Georgia the easy victory...I'm thinking more like a scrapper...but in the end:

Georgia 20, Tennessee 13

Wisconsin vs. Ohio State

Okay, this one I care least about, and this one is going to most likely be a yawner.

Wisconsin 17, Ohio State 14

Finally... Oklahoma State vs. Colorado

Maybe not a game to garner national attention, but this one could have huge implications. If OSU wins this one, they have a very good chance of going against OU undefeated. If they can pull off a win against OU and then Texas, they'll win the Big XII. And Stoops has not had his best moments against OSU...

Of course, if OSU is going to make any real noise, they'll have to get some more stuff going in their passing game.

Oklahoma State 30, Colorado 20

Demonpenz
10-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Northwest vrs Western

DaKCMan AP
10-06-2004, 04:04 PM
you forgot...

LSU vs. Florida

Florida needs to win and a Georgia win to move up in the divisional standings. Then when Florida opens its annual whoop-ass on Georgia they will be on the right path to the SEC championship game, probably against Auburn.

Florida 35 LSU 21

..get my tix tomorrow (hopefully close to the field) :thumb:

KC Jones
10-06-2004, 04:08 PM
KU vs KSU

This will be the best chance the Jayhawks have had to upset the mildcats in over 10 years. God would I love to see that. Sadly the audience will probably be 50/50 for a home game.

tk13
10-06-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm real interested in Texas/Oklahoma.... I hope the Sooners score 75 points.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2004, 04:16 PM
KU vs KSU

This will be the best chance the Jayhawks have had to upset the mildcats in over 10 years. God would I love to see that. Sadly the audience will probably be 50/50 for a home game.
It still won't be close. KSU by at least 14 points.

Chieficus
10-06-2004, 04:22 PM
you forgot...

LSU vs. Florida

Florida needs to win and a Georgia win to move up in the divisional standings. Then when Florida opens its annual whoop-ass on Georgia they will be on the right path to the SEC championship game, probably against Auburn.

Florida 35 LSU 21

..get my tix tomorrow (hopefully close to the field) :thumb:

It's not that I forgot it...it's just that I don't give a crap... :p :jester:

The way LSU has been playing this year, methinks that Saban (or however you spell it) became the highest paid coach in college football a little to early...overall they have not been playing well...

Florida should have it fairly easily...

Florida 31, LSU 13

Skip Towne
10-06-2004, 04:27 PM
It still won't be close. KSU by at least 14 points.
At least. And yes, TK13, you simply can't beat Texas or Nebraska by enough points.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2004, 04:30 PM
I think Texas will beat OU this year. OU has been less than impressive in all its outings, most recently vs TTU. Who knows though...I'm calling for the upset, UT over OU, but its a rivalry game..so throw all that out the window.

As far as the other games,
Cal has to go to USC, but I think Cal will cover the spread. I pick USC to win.

UT vs Georgia..this isn't close. Georgia, easily.

Wisconsin vs OSU...Wisconsin makes it close, but I think OSU will pull it out.

Okie State vs CU..Okie State EASY. OSU is rushing the ball like mad and CU has a wretched defense.

LSU vs Florida, Florida..easy.

tk13
10-06-2004, 04:38 PM
At least. And yes, TK13, you simply can't beat Texas or Nebraska by enough points.
Yeah... I just want to see Greg Robinson get embarassed.

jspchief
10-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Wisconsin won't beat Ohio State, but it'll be close because that's how the Luckeyes play.

I don't think Cal can win this game at USC.

This could be Texas' best chance at beating OU in years. Oklahoma isn't what they once were.