PDA

View Full Version : I just about freakin' lost it today (rant)

Braincase
10-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Pulling up to the intersection of 23rd and Louisiana in Lawrence, some kid pulls in behind me, and my car is just vibrating from his audio system just goin' thumpa thumpa thumpa. I rolled down my window and yelled back at him to turn it down. I didn't say turn that crap down or turn that sh!+ down, I just said turn it down. He thought that was funny, and turned it up. I looked back in my rear view mirrow, and he was just grinnin to beat the band. I flipped him off, light turned green, and I took off. Another red light, he pulls up right behind me, and I swear he's got it even louder.

There are times I really wish I were deputized. I wanted to get out of my car...

I didn't. I wanted to, even if just to get the kids tag number and have another friend run it. It's about as close to a road rage incident as I've had in awhile. I hope punkass got a good look at me, and I hope he says something to me downtown sometime. I'd love it.

Demonpenz
10-06-2004, 04:55 PM
i love it how people get pissed at audio systems, but no one seems to bitch about having a harley that is 10 times the legal noise limit

PastorMikH
10-06-2004, 04:58 PM
I used to be one of those kids. Now I have a hard time hearing when there is background noises. It gets embarrasing when you are sitting in a restaurant and have to keep asking what is being said. Kids, if you are going to jam your music that loud, at least have sense enough to wear ear plugs.

Braincase
10-06-2004, 04:59 PM
i love it how people get pissed at audio systems, but no one seems to bitch about having a harley that is 10 times the legal noise limit

Nobody gets killed riding because the stere is too loud... I want to know where the bikers are.

I never understood though, why the bikers complain about not being able to hear with a helmet on, but never complain about not being able to hear over their own thunder pipes.

ROYC75
10-06-2004, 05:01 PM
I used to be one of those kids. Now I have a hard time hearing when there is background noises. It gets embarrasing when you are sitting in a restaurant and have to keep asking what is being said. Kids, if you are going to jam your music that loud, at least have sense enough to wear ear plugs.

I'm in the same boat..... what he said !

Demonpenz
10-06-2004, 05:03 PM
ehh i just ususally pull a rainman on everyone person that i drive by

Skip Towne
10-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Amen. The same thing applies to shooting pistols. I've got a buddy that is deaf in his right ear thanks to his trusty .44 Magnum.

PastorMikH
10-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Huh? What did you say?

Demonpenz
10-06-2004, 05:06 PM
i should have worn earplugs too, i can barely hear anything if the caps lock is off

tk13
ehh i just ususally pull a rainman on everyone person that i drive by
You ask them to pull off the road then ask them a poll question regarding the mating habits of 17th century birds?

PastorMikH
i should have worn earplugs too, i can barely hear anything if the caps lock is off

ROFL

Demonpenz
10-06-2004, 05:07 PM
i thought rainman said !@#$%!@#$%!@#$%!@#$% you to someone that ended up being his bosses daughter or something

Rain Man
10-06-2004, 05:07 PM

I DESPISE loud motorcycles. I wish I had a really long stick that I could keep in my car to just poke people off of their motorcycles when they're loud.

I've got a past poll about motorcycle noise around here somewhere. Lemme look, lemme look....here it is.

Loud motorcycles are rude. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=62930&highlight=motorcycle+loud)

Rain Man
10-06-2004, 05:09 PM
i thought rainman said !@#$%!@#$%!@#$%!@#$% you to someone that ended up being his bosses daughter or something

Y'know, we still haven't run into my wife's friend yet, and I'm hoping he moves away or something, just on the off chance that it was him that I f-bombed.

Or maybe he'll forget. How long would you remember a guy in an apricot BMW convertible who tells you to procreate with yourself?

Demonpenz
10-06-2004, 05:10 PM
I really get pissed when they drive by the park i am by like at 9 in the morning.

Bob Dole
10-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Bob Dole did not realize that BrainCase was Charlie Brown's dad.

Cool.

dtebbe
10-06-2004, 05:19 PM
God you must be old. I'm 35 and I can still remeber how much fun it was to piss off old people with my stereo system.... as a matter of fact it still is ROFL

DT

Sure-Oz
10-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks for flipping me off dick head, i just wanted you to enjoy the ghetto beats y0!

dtebbe
10-06-2004, 05:23 PM

This is one of the great questions of life. I mean it would be one thing if american V-twins actually sounded good, or even fast, but they sound like crap. Now a Ducati twin on the other hand ... (pup tent)

DT

BIG_DADDY
10-06-2004, 05:23 PM
That when you wish you had an ol klucker you could throw in reverse and put the pedal to the metal. I would like to see the expression on his face after that.

Bob Dole
10-06-2004, 05:24 PM
This is one of the great questions of life. I mean it would be one thing if american V-twins actually sounded good, or even fast, but they sound like crap. Now a Ducati twin on the other hand ... (pup tent)

DT

They aren't supposed to sound fast.

Potato.

Rain Man
10-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Sometimes when someone pulls up next to me, I'll turn up my radio, which usually has some sort of music from the 50s or 60s playing. While retaliation seems like a good idea, though, I always wimp out and turn it back down soon, because I don't like loud noise.

J Diddy
10-06-2004, 05:33 PM
I really get pissed when they drive by the park i am by like at 9 in the morning.

why are you in the park at 9am?

Rain Man
10-06-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm guessing that he sleeps there.

Demonpenz
10-06-2004, 05:37 PM
i live by it

Saulbadguy
10-06-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm guessing when BrainCase was a kid he was sporting the sparkomatic amps hooked up to some Jensen 6.5's in his 79 El Camino. Take it easy Bob, it'll get better.

Skip Towne
10-06-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm guessing when BrainCase was a kid he was sporting the sparkomatic amps hooked up to some Jensen 6.5's in his 79 El Camino. Take it easy Bob, it'll get better.
Yeah, take that you old fossil.

Dave Lane
10-06-2004, 06:15 PM
That it? That all you got?

Dave

R&GHomer
10-06-2004, 06:25 PM
I can’t say that I don’t enjoy a loud bike “Harley” or a Nice, well balanced sound system. But what really burns my azz; is when these fuggtards pay 10 times more for their stereo system than they do for the car. Then they proceed to mount the bazillion watt sub directly to the rusting frame.

It’s not a Thumpa…. Thumpa…. Thumpa…. More like Thwanggggggggggggahhhhhhhhhngggggggggggg,
Thwooongggggeerrgghhghghghinngnngngngnggg. Just before the !@#$%!@#$%!@#$%!@#$%ing bumper vibrates off the pea green Gremlin Hoopde “sp”

Infuriating!

LTownChief
10-06-2004, 06:30 PM

yup, I have kinda have a hard time hearing. I'm always asking people to repeat what they had just said and I'm sure it's from all of the "bumping" I did a few years ago

dilligaf
10-06-2004, 06:33 PM
I love my Harley and the way it sounds. Let the bitching commence.

Amnorix
10-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Loud motorcycles and stereo systems that are cranked to the point where windows are shattering on every house they drive by are VERY F**KING ANNOYING.

Inspector
10-06-2004, 08:01 PM

Oh, you too huh???

I guess I aint the only one.

I said: "I GUESS I AINT THE ONLY ONE!!!"

Inspector
10-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Y'know, we still haven't run into my wife's friend yet, and I'm hoping he moves away or something, just on the off chance that it was him that I f-bombed.

Or maybe he'll forget. How long would you remember a guy in an apricot BMW convertible who tells you to procreate with yourself?

Oh, that was YOU????