PDA

View Full Version : So I went to Kansas Speedway today with my kid...

teedubya
10-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Man, what a shithole parking lot this place has. Considering that it rained yesterday and all night... the completely GRASS...er MUD parking lot was unreal. Totally shitty. My shoes were covered in mud by the time we got to the grandstand area. Obviously my three year old wanted to be carried... 50 billtionty steps through the fuggin grass. :cuss: Free parking though... so you can tell Carl Peterson has nothing with that.

Today is qualification day, so all the drivers were trying to qualify for this weekends two races.

Man... I dont think I will EVER go to another NASCAR event. there was only one car going around the track at a time, and it was pretty fuggin loud... we were given some earplugs when we walked in, so my kid wasnt owned with the loudness. I cant imagine 40+ cars how loud that would be. But quite honestly, after like 10 minutes I was bored. Who wants to really see cars go AROUND AND AROUND AND AROUND for 500 miles? BooooooooRing.

The Outside Retail area was interesting... Every Racer had his own trailer /store and sold their crap. What a zoo.

6.50 beers... $3 waters... $7 chicken fingers. so that sucked also...

Then we finally decide to leave... well since this is a GRASS parketing lot... there really isnt a Lot B5 or whatever... instead they have these small flags that are kinda hard to read, so finding the car took like 35 minutes... and no I didnt carry the dude the whole time.

I figured my 3 year old would get a kick out of seeing the fast cars... he did enjoy it, however I will never be a NASCAR Fan, nor have I ever given a shit about NASCAR...

One final thought... arent all NASCAR articles of clothing, gay as fukc or what? I didnt see one cool NASCAR shirt.

Oh, and I did see about 80 mullets, so that was one redeeming factor.

Skip Towne
10-08-2004, 06:30 PM
You wouldn't make a very good redneck. Hell, they like mud on their boots.

shakesthecat
10-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Well at least you kept an open mind.

redbrian
10-08-2004, 06:40 PM
you need to get a pit pass and vip pass, free food and drinks, you can walk around the pits, but I'm with you watching guys make right hand turns all day is pretty damn dull (almost as bad as baseball).

teedubya
10-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Well at least you kept an open mind.

Yeah, I figured my little dude would enjoy it... plus my wife worked today, so it fit in perfectly. He cant stop talking about it, so Im glad we went... Finding my fuggin car though... man, how frustrating.

Hydrae
10-08-2004, 06:46 PM
you need to get a pit pass and vip pass, free food and drinks, you can walk around the pits, but I'm with you watching guys make right hand turns all day is pretty damn dull (almost as bad as baseball).

Not that it is important but they take LEFT turns on the tracks.

redbrian
10-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Not that it is important but they take LEFT turns on the tracks.

yea I couldn't remember if they did the right hand turns or the auzzies did the right hand turns, just goes to show how much interest I have in this event.

teedubya
10-08-2004, 06:59 PM
heh... although seeing a few drivers taking a right turn would have added immensely to the entertainment value.

andoman
10-08-2004, 07:42 PM
I know a guy at work that is big into NASCAR. He got married a while back and took his new wife to her first NASCAR race. When the race finally started and cars were coming out of turn 4 she put her hands on his shoulder and in a really excited voice said, "Oh, here they come John!" And then in a dejected voice, "Oh, there they go." Half a minute later it was "Oh, here they come John!" and then "Oh, there they go."

KCWolfman
10-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Carl Peterson doesn't own the parking lot to Arrowhead, nor do the Chiefs. Blame the councilmembers who were in charge in the early 70s and Lamar Hunt.

Demonpenz
10-09-2004, 12:50 AM
racing is something you either love or hate, it used to be cool because it was about putting your life on the line to make a pass, but now with these darn restrictions...

Deberg_1990
10-09-2004, 02:49 AM
One final thought... arent all NASCAR articles of clothing, gay as fukc or what? I didnt see one cool NASCAR shirt.

I have to agree with you there......who makes that crap? Plus there are only like 2 styles to choose from....Either "Earnhardt # 3 Forever" or "Gordon #24"

Oh well...im probably the wrong person to judge NASCAR.....Ive never owned a Camero or a Mustang and dont wear a mullet..

philfree
10-10-2004, 10:08 PM
I went to the Race and had a great time. Had a compted sweet pass for the Busch Race with free beer and food. We drew for drivers @$5.00 a pick. I drew Nemechek and won $110.00. I had a infield pass and watched the Nextel race in turn 1 on a platform trailer and part of the time I was right up against the fence watching. My buddy who took me to the race drew 'Front Row Joe' and he won $220.00 when Joe took the checker for the second time in two days. We cleaned up :thumb: There were also baby dolls in every direction too :thumb:

PhilFree :arrow: