PDA

View Full Version : Warfield's coming suspension vs. J Lewis' suspension

FringeNC
10-08-2004, 04:03 PM
I had read where Warfield might be suspended next year for his DUI. If J Lewis only gets a 2 game suspension for his activities, what are they going to suspend Warfield?

Katipan
10-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Is Warfield going to do jail time?

Saulbadguy
10-08-2004, 04:04 PM
I'd say Warfields crime was worse, so he deserves a bigger suspension.

KcMizzou
10-08-2004, 04:06 PM
I'd say Warfields crime was worse, so he deserves a bigger suspension. That sounds odd at first, but I'd have to agree.

Saulbadguy
10-08-2004, 04:07 PM
That sounds odd at first, but I'd have to agree.
Yeah. Its a kneejerk reaction. You think "intent to sell cocaine" vs DUI, but then you actually sit there and think about it.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2004, 04:08 PM
WTF? Drugs vs alcohol....I think it's clear Jamal's crime is worse.

dtebbe
10-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Both are felonies, however Lewis was not even in the NFL when he committed his crime. I would not be surprised if Warfield gets a stiffer suspension. You have to be a total retard to get a DUI, much less 3.

DT

2bikemike
10-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Both are felonies, however Lewis was not even in the NFL when he committed his crime. I would not be surprised if Warfield gets a stiffer suspension. You have to be a total retard to get a DUI, much less 3.

DT

I agree whole heartedly with this post. I think the team ought to hire a personal driver for Warfield and dock his pay accordingly.

I will have to keep an eye out here http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100837 for any unemployed Planet member.

FringeNC
10-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Funny... on a theoretical level... I agree with you. A habitual drunk driver poses a greater threat than a person who introduces a seller to a buyer.

All the same.. I expect you'll catch some heat for that one.

Yeah, that's why the recent study found that driving while talking on a cell phone is much more dangerous than driving at a .08.

I'm surprised that so many people buy into the jihad against drunk driving.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Hire a personal driver? Screw that. These are grown men. They should know how to behave.

If Warfield gets another DUI he can look for another team to play for.

FringeNC
10-08-2004, 04:33 PM
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=570222

When drivers were conversing on a cell-phone, they were involved in more rear-end collisions, their initial reaction to vehicles braking in front of them was slowed by 8.8%, and the variability in following distance increased by 24.5%, relative to baseline. In addition, compared to baseline it took participants who were talking on the cell phone 14.8% longer to recover the speed that was lost during braking.

By contrast, when participants were legally intoxicated, neither accident rates, nor reaction time to vehicles braking in front of the particpant, nor recovery of lost speed following braking differed significantly from baseline.

sparkky
10-08-2004, 05:08 PM
There's a novel idea!!!!
I'll volunteer to drive the "short bus" for Chiefs players, just to safely get the around and all!!!

Oxford
10-09-2004, 08:34 AM

I'm not -- same as the smoking nazi's.
Don't get me wrong, it is a responsibility thing (DWI etc), but I see a plea bargain to "felony cell phone usage" from intent to distribute cocaine as a lot worse than DWI/DUI/possession.

At any rate, the NFL's jurisdiction in Warfields and Lewis' case are different, in addition you have Warfield skirting the D/L system by getting a Nebraska license and surrendering his Kansas license (shows fraudulent intent).

About the only thing to happen to Lewis after all this is his endorsement universe will shrink (no childrens toys or books).

Saulbadguy
10-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Yeah, that's why the recent study found that driving while talking on a cell phone is much more dangerous than driving at a .08.

This is probably by far the stupidest argument i've heard.

ARROW2
10-09-2004, 08:44 AM
I'd say Warfields crime was worse, so he deserves a bigger suspension.

Huh? Are you kidding? A cocaine deal < dui?

ARROW2
10-09-2004, 08:48 AM
I live in the ATL. Word on the street is the boy is/was still involved in that type of activity.

Saulbadguy
10-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Huh? Are you kidding? A cocaine deal < dui?
Uh..think about it. He assisted in selling an illegal drug (by the US government standards) vs putting his own life and many other peoples lives in danger, not once, not twice, but 3 fuggin times.

Mr. Laz
10-09-2004, 10:39 AM
depends on whether Lewis knew what he was introducing the 2 guys for.

if he was REALLY brokering a drug deal then i would say that Lewis had the more serious charge.

Warfield = dangerously stupid

Lewis = criminal endeavor

go bo
10-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Hire a personal driver? Screw that. These are grown men. They should know how to behave.

If Warfield gets another DUI he can look for another team to play for.now that's just nuts...

eric is the only decent cb we have at this point...

i'd much rather have him find a way to deal more effectively with his drinking problem (or drinking and driving problem to be more accurate) than get rid him...

go bo
10-09-2004, 10:56 AM
I live in the ATL. Word on the street is the boy is/was still involved in that type of activity.atl? atlanta? american timber lobby? :shrug:

go bo
10-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Uh..think about it. He assisted in selling an illegal drug (by the US government standards) vs putting his own life and many other peoples lives in danger, not once, not twice, but 3 fuggin times.while i'm opposed to criminal penalties for drug use, cocaine is a dangerous drug (speaking from experience)...

but if it were legal, together with all other street drugs, it would definitely reduce and/or remove the criminal element associated with drug trafficking and use...

and that would be a good thing, imo...

cdcox
10-09-2004, 11:28 AM
If murdur were legal, it would definitely eliminate the criminal element associated with bumping off someone that teed you off.

go bo
10-09-2004, 11:35 AM
If murdur were legal, it would definitely eliminate the criminal element associated with bumping off someone that teed you off.what? mudur is not legal???

cdcox
10-09-2004, 03:55 PM
When I murder someone, I've deprived that person of their right to life.

When I snort a line of coke... what exactly have I taken from anyone else?

The point was not that murder and snorting cocaine are equivalent.

The point was that if you make something legal, that by definition removes the criminal element. So I always find the arguement that by making something legal you could remove the criminal element weak.

Mr. Laz
10-09-2004, 03:57 PM
When I murder someone, I've deprived that person of their right to life.

When I snort a line of coke... what exactly have I taken from anyone else?
nothing... personally in an ideal world i think all drugs should be legal as long as they are advertised correctly(ie people know what they do)

but as of right now, they aren't legal so jmo Jamal lewis is prolly the more severe crime.

Katipan
10-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Not to mention, you're allowed to kill. Murder is illegal killing. You're not allowed to murder.

You're not in any way shape or form allowed to have any cocaine. No matter what you do with it.

Mr. Laz
10-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Consumption of cocaine harms no one but the consumer.
not really true...

the use and then the frequent addiction effects all the people around the user and also effect society financially and in general safety.

a similiar arguement to the seat belt law

Mr. Laz
10-09-2004, 04:19 PM
I disagree with seatbelt laws as well.

i do too

cdcox
10-09-2004, 04:20 PM
My point is that there's a sound *reason* for murder to be illegal. It infringes on the rights of innocent citizens.

So your arguement takes the following valid logical form:

My premise is that cocaine harms only the user.

Therefore my conclusion is that cocaine should be legal.

Your conclusion follows logically from your premise. I don't agree with the premise, but at least it is a logical argument.

Gobo argues:

If cocaine were legal, you wouldn't have criminal element involved. Well duh. My arguement about murder is an example to show that his form argument is unvalid and pointless.

cdcox
10-09-2004, 04:22 PM
I disagree with seatbelt laws as well.

I'm gonna just bow out now. It's the same discussion over and over again... I've got some stuff I need to get done this Saturday afternoon.

That would be true if you were self insured.

But you not wearing a seat belt would hurt me because you might sustain more severe injuries in a crash, thereby raising my insurance rates. Not a victemless crime.

FringeNC
10-09-2004, 04:27 PM

If talking on a cell phone imposes a higher expected cost than driving drunk, shouldn't the penalty be larger? This is just so basic...the fact that you are so confused about it......doesn't speak highly of your IQ.

FringeNC
10-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Uh..think about it. He assisted in selling an illegal drug (by the US government standards) vs putting his own life and many other peoples lives in danger, not once, not twice, but 3 fuggin times.

So I suppose someone should be beheaded for talking on a cell phone when driving, since it is more dangerous.

Skip Towne
10-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Probably by far?

go bo
10-09-2004, 06:50 PM
So your arguement takes the following valid logical form:

My premise is that cocaine harms only the user.

Therefore my conclusion is that cocaine should be legal.

Your conclusion follows logically from your premise. I don't agree with the premise, but at least it is a logical argument.

Gobo argues:

If cocaine were legal, you wouldn't have criminal element involved. Well duh. My arguement about murder is an example to show that his form argument is unvalid and pointless.unvalid, huh?

whatever you say... ROFL ROFL ROFL

BigMeatballDave
10-09-2004, 07:55 PM
WTF? Drugs vs alcohol....I think it's clear Jamal's crime is worse.Alcohol IS a drug. One of the most addictive...

2bikemike
10-09-2004, 08:18 PM
My point is that there's a sound *reason* for murder to be illegal. It infringes on the rights of innocent citizens.

The only problem I see with this argument is that if legalized cocaine harms the consumer it opens the door for those greedy bastages called trial lawyers who want to sue every body from cigarrette companies to Gun manufacturers. Under a product liability case.

BTW I would like to see all kinds of stuff legalized and taxed. End the billions of dollars wasted on fighting it. Make a little revenue from it and spend that money on education and treatment programs There by creating more jobs.