PDA

View Full Version : So does Eminem have real credibility in hiphop?

jAZ
10-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Or is he just viewed as a cartoon character type?

stevieray
10-08-2004, 11:35 PM
please, not again.

HolmeZz
10-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Real credibility, although the recent stuff he's put out has hurt him. No doubt about it.

IMO though he's still the 2nd greatest rapper of all time, behind Tupac. That could change, especially with his new album.

Phobia
10-08-2004, 11:37 PM
More importantly, does anybody really care?

VonneMarie
:shake: Ask Mizzou.

Hammock Parties

My sentiments exactly.

I think the real questions is, are his f*cking 15 minutes up yet?

jAZ
10-08-2004, 11:38 PM
please, not again.
Someone else watching VH1 tonight too?

stevieray
10-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Someone else watching VH1 tonight too?

no, this has been discussed almost as much as well...you know.

2bikemike
10-08-2004, 11:39 PM

Really does anybody care? I sure as hell don't. I view him as one of those Ass hats everybody talks about on here.

Valiant
10-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Or is he just viewed as a cartoon character type?

In mainstream rap yes, everybody that listens to rap owns some Slim Shady albums... Now if you ask so hardcore listeners that listen to underground, that might be iffy...

jAZ
10-08-2004, 11:40 PM
no, this has been discussed almost as much as well...you know.
So I take it there is no consensus.

Phobia
10-08-2004, 11:45 PM
So I take it there is no consensus.

Consensus!!! You want a consensus? You can't handle the consensus!!!!

Sorry about the lame, that's all I have regarding any hiphop topic.

KcMizzou
10-08-2004, 11:46 PM
:shake: Ask Mizzou. Yeah..

Em is a white rapper who is not only taken seriously, but respected in the black community. That's all you need to know.

They key is the fact that Em didn't try to be a "gangsta". He rapped about his life. His life.. as a poor white kid in a disfunctional family.

Tons of white kids were listening to, and enjoying Dr. Dre... Snoop.. NWA... Public Enemy... Ton Loc... etc.

Em was (and is) easy to relate to. #1 He's f*cking talented. #2 Most of us "poor white kids" can relate to his music.

Jenson71
10-08-2004, 11:50 PM
I was born a poor white child...

KcMizzou
10-08-2004, 11:52 PM
I was born a poor white child... Steve Martin rules.

stevieray
10-08-2004, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=KcMizzou]Yeah..

kid in a disfunctional family.

. QUOTE]

dysfunctional families are the backbone of his success.

It's sad when you think about it.

KcMizzou
10-08-2004, 11:57 PM
dysfunctional families are the backbone of his success.

It's sad when you think about it. Yeah, it is. But that has nothing to do with him.

RealSNR
10-09-2004, 12:16 AM
This is where the people who care live

http://www.coolantarctica.com/Shop/Ev8925_sp_layered_night_med_resize.jpg

J Diddy
10-09-2004, 12:21 AM
eminem kicks ass.

KcMizzou
10-09-2004, 12:24 AM
eminem kicks ass. Rep.

We're few and far between, around here. :shake:

Phobia
10-09-2004, 12:26 AM
eminem kicks ass

KcMizzou
10-09-2004, 12:28 AM
eminem kicks ass You're full of shit.. but what the hell.... rep.

J Diddy
10-09-2004, 12:37 AM
eminem kicks ass

damn mods, using all that high tech copy and paste functions

next thing you know I'll be the banned go diddy

BIG_DADDY
10-09-2004, 01:38 AM
jaz,

Do you? would you?

jAZ
10-09-2004, 01:46 AM
jaz,

Do you? would you?
Doo-bee doo-bee doooooo!

(huh?)

BIG_DADDY
10-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Doo-bee doo-bee doooooo!

(huh?)

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

So does Eminem have real credibility in hiphop?

Being jaz COULD YOU ever have established "credibility" iin hip hop irregardless of your talent level considering you are as white as virgin snow?

jAZ
10-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Sorry, I should have been more specific.

So does Eminem have real credibility in hiphop?

Being jaz COULD YOU ever have established "credibility" iin hip hop irregardless of your talent level considering you are as white as virgin snow?
That's why I'm asking.

The show I was watching was rapper after rapper talking about how much credibility eminem has. How he "made it" because he didn't try to be something he wasn't. He decided to rap about what he actually knows (trailer parks and his family) and chose to have a sense of humor rather than a truely hard core edge.

And that combination gave him real credibility in the mind of guys like Ice-T, Dr. Dre (and several others interviewed).

Just curious how far that credibility extends.

Seems like he's the only white guy to have earned respect in that crowd. Even the beastie boys weren't in "that crowd" really.

But I do know that I have no credibility with Ice-T.

tk13
10-09-2004, 02:13 AM
I think he does. As Charles Barkley once said a couple years ago (paraphrase).... "You know the world is messed up when the best golfer in the world is black and the best rapper in the world is white."

Rausch
10-09-2004, 02:27 AM
PLEASE SHRINK YOUR (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ING SIG!!!!!!!!!!

BIG_DADDY
10-09-2004, 02:39 AM
That's why I'm asking.

The show I was watching was rapper after rapper talking about how much credibility eminem has. How he "made it" because he didn't try to be something he wasn't. He decided to rap about what he actually knows (trailer parks and his family) and chose to have a sense of humor rather than a truely hard core edge.

And that combination gave him real credibility in the mind of guys like Ice-T, Dr. Dre (and several others interviewed).

Just curious how far that credibility extends.

Seems like he's the only white guy to have earned respect in that crowd. Even the beastie boys weren't in "that crowd" really.

But I do know that I have no credibility with Ice-T.

Let me do this, people who feel they may lose their edge in life due to a lack of talent need to rely on gimmicks in order to promote themselves. Weak talent will pull the race card in order to protect their market share. There are many in that community and those in the media who need to produce this "lack of credibilty" aura in that consumer market in order to promote themselves or their products. Talent is talent. I remember seeing BB King in concert. He had a young teenage white boy do a decent portion of his concert with him. I remember sayin to myself that I don't want to see this punk ass kid play, he can't possible know the blues. Before it was over I knew why BB promoted that kid. He was a talent, but so was BB. He wasn't concerned about promoting talent because he already had it.

Deberg_1990
10-09-2004, 02:44 AM
I think he does. As Charles Barkley once said a couple years ago (paraphrase).... "You know the world is messed up when the best golfer in the world is black and the best rapper in the world is white."

Oh lordy whats next?? The best basketball player in the world will be white??