PDA

View Full Version : Well I saw SAW and…

Megbert
10-09-2004, 10:28 PM
It's not a perfect film by any stretch. Some of the acting is a bit suspect. But it is entertaining and rather brutal. Not as gory as I expected, more psychological than anything. The movie boils human survival down to its most primal.

Basically there isn't a killer in the movie. He "Jigsaw" just places his victims in rooms with one way out. If you do nothing you die as the door will close trapping the victim/s inside and if you try to escape you have to make some 'sacrifices' (mostly painful).

Most of the film takes place in one room with Cary Elwes and newcomer Leigh Whannell (who also wrote the film). They wake up on opposite ends of an industrial bathroom chained by the foot to pipes, when the lights come on they are not alone in the room, there is a corpse with a gun in one hand and a tape recorder in another. They then go on to figure out what "Jigsaw" has in store for them.

If you like psychological thrillers with a bit of gore, this movie is for you.

They had a Q and A after the movie and I got to meet Leigh Whannell and the first time director James Wan both are from Australia. It was interesting hearing an australian accent coming out of a Malaysian person, anyway. They said the movie was shot in 18 days. The puppet/clown was designed by Wan. They shot a 8 min short of the "Jawtrap" scene with Whannell in the trap this scene along with the script sold the film.

After the reception there was a reception at a local bar. The guys were really cool. Talked to everybody and didn't have an attitude. Leigh bought me and my friend a beer. She gave him a DVD of the Roller Derby Girls that endelt and I are going to see in novemeber. I got 2 postcards signed, a movie poster signed, 2 shirts one for me and one for my roommate which they signed. Not usually an autograph hound but what the hell.

Bowser
10-09-2004, 10:32 PM
That movie looked freaky.

It's awesome they turned out to be so cool! Can't beat free shit to get some positive pub! :thumb:

ZootedGranny
10-10-2004, 01:06 AM
I just watched the movie myself and it lived up to what I expected it to be: a freaky psychological thriller with some gore thrown in. It's not an all time great, but very much worth seeing.

Deberg_1990
10-10-2004, 03:56 PM
The Grudge looks pretty good as well......I think its a remake of a Japanese film....Ala....The Ring..

KcMizzou
10-10-2004, 04:02 PM
The Grudge looks pretty good as well......I think its a remake of a Japanese film....Ala....The Ring..Gaz's GF's in that.. so the scenery will be nice.

WTF is that coming out of the back of her head in the TV spot? Creepy.

Deberg_1990
10-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Gaz's GF's in that.. so the scenery will be nice.

Ah Yes..the "eye candy" should be good with Sarah Michelle.....Yea...looks like the same Japanese guy who made the original made this as well.....should be interesting..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0391198/

ZootedGranny
10-10-2004, 04:25 PM
I've seen the Japanese original, Ju-On: The Grudge, and I thought it was terrible.

Valiant
10-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Gaz's GF's in that.. so the scenery will be nice.

looks like a camel toe...

KcMizzou
10-10-2004, 04:50 PM
looks like a camel toe...ROFL Now that you mention it... it does. :hmmm:

A pretty nasty one too....