PDA

View Full Version : Refs - MNF

Phobia
10-12-2004, 12:10 AM
I saw 2 really horrible reviews on MNF.

One was the interception in the endzone which was overturned. WTF was that?

The other was the Bennett(?) TD on the side of the endzone in which he got only 1 foot down. I had the volume muted - what was the ref's explination for that gaff?

el borracho
10-12-2004, 12:18 AM
On the questionable TD the refs claimed that both feet were in (even though everyone else including the announcers could see that one hit the line).

On a side note, I have heard announcers this year openly disagree with calls on the field. For some reason I thought that this type of disagreement was discouraged by the league, and maybe even fined. Is this not true?

Joe Seahawk
10-12-2004, 12:19 AM
I noticed Tennessee was penalized 12 times for 105 yds vs Packers 3 times for 15 yds..

Please.. :rolleyes:

Earthling
10-12-2004, 12:23 AM
There was another where a Philly receiver was totally mugged by the GB safety that wasn't called either...Pretty blatant and amazing no-call...It seemed like most the bad calls went against the Eagles...I was thinking they were trying to keep the score close for the MNF viewing audience..Overall pretty poor...

Phobia
10-12-2004, 12:23 AM
On a side note, I have heard announcers this year openly disagree with calls on the field. For some reason I thought that this type of disagreement was discouraged by the league, and maybe even fined. Is this not true?

I don't think so. Announcers aren't paid by the league and no self respecting network would agree to such terms outlined in a contract. PA announcers certainly are discouraged from such conduct.

Phobia
10-12-2004, 12:27 AM
There was another where a Philly receiver was totally mugged by the GB safety that wasn't called either...Pretty blatant and amazing no-call...It seemed like most the bad calls went against the Eagles...I was thinking they were trying to keep the score close for the MNF viewing audience..Overall pretty poor...

I think you may have been watching a different network than ABC.

Earthling
10-12-2004, 12:31 AM
I think you may have been watching a different network than ABC.
No, I'm sure it was ABC...(Maybe a dimensional shift or something)

Earthling
10-12-2004, 12:33 AM
ROFL ROFL :banghead: I meant to say Tenn. geesh...I can always tell when its time to hit the hay and its that time.

Phobia
10-12-2004, 12:45 AM
ROFL ROFL :banghead: I meant to say Tenn. geesh...I can always tell when its time to hit the hay and its that time.

Heh hehe - yeah. I remember the mugging on that play as well. The WR was freaking TACKLED with no flag. WTF?

With an efficient ref crew, Tenn would have won this game by 7 TD's, IMO.

MadMax
10-12-2004, 02:20 AM
Heh hehe - yeah. I remember the mugging on that play as well. The WR was freaking TACKLED with no flag. WTF?

With an efficient ref crew, Tenn would have won this game by 7 TD's, IMO.

Sad thing is that " crew " is prolly comin to K.C. next weekend. :shake:

Crush
10-12-2004, 06:34 AM
The officiating this year sucks. :banghead:

jcl-kcfan2
10-12-2004, 06:53 AM
You think that muggung was bad...
Did you see what Deion was able to get away with on Sunday night?

InChiefsHeaven
10-12-2004, 07:00 AM
You think that muggung was bad...
Did you see what Deion was able to get away with on Sunday night?

YUP! That was insane. The announcers were like "Well, I guess he gets away with that because he's Deion..."

Whatever...

BigRedChief
10-12-2004, 07:11 AM
The officiating this year sucks. :banghead:

Try MLB. You can't even show a replay on the jumbotron's for fear of hurting an umpires feelings or showing them that it was a blown call.

That is what a union gets you. They should be held accountable and we have a right to see a reply at the ball park on the jumbotron.

irishjayhawk
10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Give him some credit. That was the referee's first year and first MNF game.

Overall, however, the officiating sucks. Started to decline after that PI call on Gonzo in the playoffs, culminating into the mugging by the corners in the following games. The Chiefs probably have the most OPI than any team.

BroWhippendiddle
10-12-2004, 01:28 PM
What happened to the pass interference past 5 yards they were going to enforce?

Deion Sanders mugged one guy well before the ball got there and they didn't even think about throwing a flag. Was that because it was Deion and they don't throw flags on him?

Megbert
10-12-2004, 02:12 PM
I think it's more infuriating at how inconsistant the calls are. The "INTENSE" Ray Lewis mugging of Tony G in the back of the endzone compared to the PI called on the Chiefs corner in or near the endzone where both players were pushing each other. Not the one where the Chiefs got the interception, the play before that.

Uncle Jesse
10-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Give him some credit. That was the referee's first year and first MNF game.

Overall, however, the officiating sucks. Started to decline after that PI call on Gonzo in the playoffs, culminating into the mugging by the corners in the following games. The Chiefs probably have the most OPI than any team.

Give him credit?? They said he was a side judge for years before becoming the ref. He should be ready for his debut, IMHO.

Maybe if a ref had the possibility of being flogged for a seriously bad call, these kind of things would stop happening

Hydrae
10-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Give him credit?? They said he was a side judge for years before becoming the ref. He should be ready for his debut, IMHO.

Maybe if a ref had the possibility of being flogged for a seriously bad call, these kind of things would stop happening

Man, the fans would love that spectacle! Now you don't just yell at the refs, you get to watch them get whipped for their mistakes. I see ticket prices doubling! :)

KingPriest2
10-12-2004, 04:20 PM
The refs are horrible this year