PDA

View Full Version : Andre Rison the greatest receiver ever.

Dave Lane
10-13-2004, 09:53 AM
So says he...

Rison to the occasion
Stamps defender shows ex-NFLer there's a lot of talent in the CFL
By IAN BUSBY -- Calgary Sun

In his short time hangin' with 'Bad Moon,' Omar Evans learned a lot from the former NFL Pro Bowler but may have taught him a few things as well.

Turns out Andre Rison is surprised this Canadian league has some quality talent.

When the Toronto Argonauts hosted the Calgary Stampeders Sept. 29, broadcaster Sportsnet followed Rison around to see how the 13-year NFL veteran was adjusting to the Canadian game.

Sportsnet also spent time with Stampeders defensive halfback Omar Evans to get his perspective on the matchup.

Evans held the 37-year-old receiver to just two catches for 16 yards and one touchdown, which replays showed hit the ground and wasn't an actual catch.

In both the lead up to the game and after the Argos win, Evans talked with Rison about his career and his goals.

Rison admitted he would play with the Argos this season, put up some numbers and wait for the NFL to call.

"Yeah, he thought that and he also thought he would be the premier player on his team," Evans said.

"But the Argos have some talented receivers like Tony Miles and Robert Baker.

"It's hard because it's a different game up here and people seem to forget that."

Since joining the Argos, Rison has 14 catches for 174 yards in five games, numbers close to what he used to record in single games at the height of his career.

His season-long catch is 35 yards, although he did have a 60-yarder called back against the Edmonton Eskimos Monday because of a penalty.

Last week, Rison told the Toronto Sun he really deserves to be back in the NFL and he may be the greatest receiver ever.

However, none of that bluster rankles Evans.

In fact, if Evans had his way, more players would wear their hearts on their sleeves.

"I think the same thing," Evans said. "I think I should be back in the States as well.

"Some guys, they don't speak their mind. Some guys, that's all they want to do, come up here, dominate and get back down there.

"They won't say their ultimate goal is to get back down to the States. They're not speaking the truth. More people should say they're looking for opportunities.

"They don't want to rub people the wrong way. Here's a guy who speaks his mind and that's what he's doing."

When the Argos pay their only visit to McMahon Stadium Saturday (1 p.m.), Evans will get another chance to prove he belongs next to a former NFL Pro Bowler.

School will be back in session.

"I'm looking forward to knocking him around again," Evans said.

"He didn't know about me before but he knows me now."

alpha_omega
10-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Andre who?

Iowanian
10-13-2004, 10:01 AM
pRison wouldn't be the best "reciever" unless it was on Cell Block C and he was in a skirt.

Dave Lane
10-13-2004, 10:03 AM
pRison wouldn't be the best "reciever" unless it was on Cell Block C and he was in a skirt.

I think he'd might not be able to get seperation then! ROFL

Dave

Saulbadguy
10-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Guess who is throwing to him? Micheal effin Bishop! http://slam.canoe.ca/CFLImages03Gallery/020508_4.jpg

Scaga
10-13-2004, 10:21 AM
A legend in his own mind :bong:

(I guess this smilie would fit better :fire: )

Kylo Ren
10-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Did Rison really throw his Super Bowl ring in the river? Do you think John Kerry would know? Maybe Rison just threw his Super Bowl hat in the river? Hats..... Rings ..... they were interchangeable back then.

Ebolapox
10-13-2004, 10:39 AM
heh heh, michael 'cannon for an arm and jaguar wheels for legs' bishop

-EB-

Saulbadguy
10-13-2004, 10:57 AM
heh heh, michael 'cannon for an arm and jaguar wheels for legs' bishop

-EB-
You can add "shit for brains" to that.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Rison was very good in his prime. Top 15 in yards all-time.

Ralphy Boy
10-13-2004, 11:28 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/image.php?u=3168&dateline=1097626304

She's pretty! :p

Crush
10-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Next you're going to tell me "Mighty Mouth" is a great DB...

KC Jones
10-13-2004, 01:02 PM
Next you're going to tell me "Mighty Mouth" is a great DB...

The best ever actually.

Ghostof
10-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Bam Morris was the best running back EVAR!!

Tamarick Vanover was the best kick/punt returner!

Crush
10-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Bam Morris was the best running back EVAR!!

Tamarick Vanover was the best kick/punt returner!

WRONG! Harvey Williams is the best running back EVAR!!

Ghostof
10-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Sh*t

Totally forgot about him.

InChiefsHeaven
10-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Rison?!? BAH!!

Sylvester Morris, baby...Sylvester freakin Morris!!

Lzen
10-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Bishop is throwing to him. Well, no wonder he only has 14 catches in 5 games. ROFL

ZepSinger
10-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Rison?!? BAH!!

Sylvester Morris, baby...Sylvester freakin Morris!!
http://www.mugshots.net/byron_morris/byron_morris.jpg

Dave Lane
10-13-2004, 02:19 PM
http://www.mugshots.net/byron_morris/byron_morris.jpg

Its the Chiefs all PRison team! ROFL

Dave

Deberg_1990
10-13-2004, 03:35 PM

No way! Greg the "Real Deal" Hill was better!!

Bowser
10-13-2004, 08:33 PM

*sigh*

JESSE HAYNES IS THE MOST PUNISHING RUNNER THE CHIEFS DEFENSE EVER HAD TO GO AGAINST!!!!!

in practice