PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska LB to transfer to KU?

Skip Towne
10-14-2004, 08:23 AM
A Kansas City TV station reported yesterday that Michael Keenan is to transfer to KU at the semester. He won the Simone award last year as the top KC area football player and is regarded as one of the top OLB prospects in the nation. Does anybody know anything about this?

Lzen
10-14-2004, 08:27 AM
The good teams just keep getting better. It's just so unfair. :D

Phobia
10-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Why would anybody want a player from Nebraska's "defense"?

Lzen
10-14-2004, 08:39 AM

:LOL: That's cold blooded........and funny.

Skip Towne
10-14-2004, 08:41 AM
He didn't make the trip to TT because of personal reasons. It was those other guys that gave up all those points.

nmt1
10-14-2004, 08:44 AM
For KState it's addition by subtraction. Take one player from the Black Bra defense and add him to their own. Genious!

Lzen
10-14-2004, 09:35 AM
For KState it's addition by subtraction. Take one player from the Black Bra defense and add him to their own. Genious!

Eh, I believe he said KU, not KSU.

Saulbadguy
10-14-2004, 09:40 AM
3 star recruit out of Oak Park HS. I wouldn't call him a top OLB prospect in the nation, but definately in the region.

Can't blame him for wanting to leave NU though. :D

Saulbadguy
10-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Ht: 6-2.5 Wt: 221 40: 4.4
Position: OLB
Projected as: LB
Position Rank: 49
Class: 2004 Senior
High School: Oak Park HS
(Kansas City, MO)

Saulbadguy
10-14-2004, 09:50 AM
After scouring the various husker boards, here is what i've come up with.

1. He's not really leaving
2. He wants to play RB

Skip Towne
10-14-2004, 10:03 AM
3 star recruit out of Oak Park HS. I wouldn't call him a top OLB prospect in the nation, but definately in the region.

Can't blame him for wanting to leave NU though. :D
Rivals.com rated him as one of the top LB prospects in the nation for what that's worth.

Saulbadguy
10-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Rivals.com rated him as one of the top LB prospects in the nation for what that's worth.
Top 50 in the Insiders, I guess. I wonder if he played RB in high school.

nmt1
10-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Eh, I believe he said KU, not KSU.

Oops. My bad.

Saulbadguy
10-14-2004, 12:13 PM
http://www.kusports.com/news/football/story/111685

KU hasn't added player from Nebraska ... yet

By Ryan Wood, Journal-World Sports Writer

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Chatter heated up Wednesday night that Nebraska linebacker Michael Keenan had decided to transfer to Kansas University.

A Kansas City television station reported Wednesday that Keenan had decided to leave the Cornhuskers and come to Lawrence at the end of the semester.

Not so, apparently. Not yet anyway.

"There's no truth to that whatsoever," Keenan told rivals.com Wednesday night. "Right now I'm going through some personal issues and have yet to make a decision about my future."

Keenan's high school coach, Keith Ross, told the Journal-World on Wednesday that his frequent talks with Keenan never involved anything about a possible transfer to KU.

"That's never been mentioned," Ross said. "I talked to him (Tuesday), and it wasn't mentioned."

Keenan, a much-heralded high school player out of Kansas City (Mo.) Oak Park High, picked Nebraska over Kansas his senior year. He took his official visit to KU after already giving Nebraska his oral commitment.

Last year, Keenan won the Simone Award, given annually to the top player in the Kansas City metro area. Rivals.com rated Keenan -- a 6-foot-2, 220-pounder -- as one of the best outside linebacker prospects in the nation.

Keenan has played exclusively on special teams for Nebraska this season, but he didn't make the trip to Lubbock, Texas, for Nebraska's 70-10 loss to Texas Tech on Saturday because of "personal things," according to the Omaha World-Herald.

If a player wants to go from one Big 12 Conference school to another, they often will take a detour for a year of junior college to be able to continue playing. A direct transfer between conference schools results in having to sit out one year and losing that year of eligibility.

|Zach|
10-14-2004, 12:15 PM
The turned in one of the most incredible single game preformances I have ever seen. He is awesome. Big strong and fast.

He rushed for 306 yds on a Blue Springs defense that averaged giving up 85 yds TOTAL per game.