PDA

View Full Version : YANKEES WINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CASHMAN
10-14-2004, 09:53 AM
2-0 heading to boston the red sox's players better hope the fans help them play better or this will be over in there home town.

CASHMAN.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 09:54 AM
The yankees suck.

Saulbadguy
10-14-2004, 09:55 AM
These MLB playoffs are quickly turning in to something I could care less about. I don't want a Yankees-Cardinals WS...

Dartgod
10-14-2004, 09:56 AM
F*** the Yankees.

F*** MLB...

HC_Chief
10-14-2004, 09:57 AM
(X.)(X.)(X.)(X.) the Yankees.

Jenson17
10-14-2004, 09:57 AM
ZZZ

CASHMAN
10-14-2004, 09:59 AM
The yankees suck.

:):):):)
Give me a break, i do understand if you dont like a winner and yes you will say they buy it and so on that is so stupid....
But we could go on for days maybe weeks or more about why they are great and why you thank they arent, but we wont so just take it like it is and the YANKEES are a good team.

CASHMAN.

Brock
10-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Only losers watch baseball.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Give me a break, i do understand if you dont like a winner and yes you will say they buy it and so on that is so stupid....
But we could go on for days maybe weeks or more about why they are great and why you thank they arent, but we wont so just take it like it is and the YANKEES are a good team.

CASHMAN.
The Yanks are good at buying the most expensive, best free agents on the market. Drop a salary cap on the league and they wouldn't be any better than anyone else.

Molitoth
10-14-2004, 10:03 AM
the YANKEES are a good team.

The yankees are a f*cking all star team, they are bought to be that way. Which is why they f*cking suck.

CASHMAN
10-14-2004, 10:08 AM
The yankees are a f*cking all star team, they are bought to be that way. Which is why they f*cking suck.

Yes a salary cap would make it fair, but all-star team heck look at the red-sox's and the cardinals and a few others they have a pretty good team and maybe better then the yanks you all hate.

CASHMAN.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Thats cuz they are LEGITIMATE teams who actually build up prospects only to have them robbed away in their prime by your star glutton wankees.

Logical
10-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Thats cuz they are LEGITIMATE teams who actually build up prospects only to have them robbed away in their prime by your star glutton wankees.

Actually you cannot say that about Boston, and I believe the Cardinals have the 4th highest payroll in baseball. So I do not think your logic fits.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Actually you cannot say that about Boston, and I believe the Cardinals have the 4th highest payroll in baseball. So I do not think your logic fits.
Not the first time.... And I'm sure not the last.

Molitoth
10-14-2004, 10:27 AM
According to USA TODAY's annual survey of player salaries, not only is the Yankees' $184.2 million payroll this year the highest in baseball history, the majors' richest franchise continues to pull away from the other teams by leaps and bounds.

Their payroll this season is $115.2 million above the industry average of $69 million. The $115.2 million difference approaches the sport's No. 2 payroll, that of the Boston Red Sox at $127.3 million. The difference is more than any of the other 28 payrolls.

USA TODAY's study shows the average salary decreased by 3.5%, the first time salaries dropped since 1995, the year the players' strike delayed the start of the season after cancellation of the previous October's World Series.

Yanks = $184 mil
Red Sox = $127 mil
Cardinals = $96 mil (found in another article)
Other team average = $69 mil

Kraut
10-14-2004, 10:30 AM
And every other team in baseball would buy their teams if they could.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 10:37 AM
And every other team in baseball would buy their teams if they could.
Your point though valid only hurts your teams integrity more. Not to mention that your team is killing the popularity of the very league from which it derives its cash flow... Ironic. You make the poor man poorer. (Thread immediately becomes political, like pre Wash DC days...)

Braincase
10-14-2004, 10:37 AM
I'll care again when there's parity. Until then, I hope the Yankees win every World Series and go 168-0 in the regular season. MLB needs to be fixed like an ugly horny dog capable of jumping the tallest fence...

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I'll care again when there's parity. Until then, I hope the Yankees win every World Series and go 168-0 in the regular season. MLB needs to be fixed like an ugly horny dog capable of jumping the tallest fence...
Thats one way of putting it.... It lacks tact though. :D

CASHMAN
10-14-2004, 10:45 AM
I have been a fan of the yankees since 1985 and if they do lose all there games or win all of them i will still be a fan:) i am not like alot of those people that are like we all know as bandwagon jumpers.

This is the same for me and the CHIEFS..............

CASHMAN.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 10:47 AM
I have been a fan of the yankees since 1985 and if they do lose all there games or win all of them i will still be a fan:) i am not like alot of those people that are like we all know as bandwagon jumpers.

This is the same for me and the CHIEFS..............

CASHMAN.
How old are you perchance? Ive been a royals and chiefs fan since my DOB: 09/12/1985 (the year they won the world series... blessed is the child that was me.) that 1985.... 100% of my life. Fandom needs to be measured in percentage of life.

Eleazar
10-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Not right.

You cheer for your home team.

F the yankees... may they all get crabs and the clap

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 10:54 AM

CASHMAN.

Of course they are a good team. They have an All star at EVERY SINGLE POSITION!!!!.......well except second base.

GOD, I HATE THAT BOB BARKER!

CASHMAN
10-14-2004, 11:15 AM
How old are you perchance? Ive been a royals and chiefs fan since my DOB: 09/12/1985 (the year they won the world series... blessed is the child that was me.) that 1985.... 100% of my life. Fandom needs to be measured in percentage of life.

39:)

CASHMAN.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 11:25 AM
so... youve like them 50% of your life? You are a poser fan :P

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Yes a salary cap would make it fair, but all-star team heck look at the red-sox's and the cardinals and a few others they have a pretty good team and maybe better then the yanks you all hate.

CASHMAN.

The Yankees have waaaaaaay more all stars than the Sox or Cardinals have.

Yankees:
C: Jorge Posada (4 time all-star)
1B: John Olerud (2 time all star)
2b: Miguel Cario
SS: Derek Jeter (6 time all star)
3B: Alex Rodriquez (7 time all star)
OF: Hideki Matsui (2 time all star)
OF: Bernie Williams (5 time all star)
OF: Gary Sheffield (8 time all star)
P: Kevin Brown (5 time all star)
P: Mike Mussiana (3 time all star)
P: Jon Leiber (1 time all star)
P: Javier Vasquez (1 time all star)
P: Mariano Rivera (4 time all star)

Redsox:

C: Jason Veritek
1B: Kevin Millar/David Ortiz (1 combined all star)
2B: Mark Bellhorn/Pokie Reese
SS: Orlando Cabrerra
3B: Bill Mueller
OF: Manny Ramirez (6 time all star)
OF: Johnny Damon (1 time all star)
OF: Trot Nixon
P: Pedro Martinez (3 time all star)
P: Curt Shilling (3 time all star)
P: Derek Lowe (2 time all star)
P: Tim Wakefield
P: Keith Foulke (1 time all star)

Cardinals:

C: Mike Mattheny
1B: Albert Pujols (3 time all star)
2B: Tony Womack (1 time all star)
SS: Edgar Renteria (4 time all star)
3B: Scott Rolen (3 time all star)
OF: Reggie Sanders (1 time all star)
OF: Jim Edmonds (3 time all star)
OF: Larry Walker (5 time all star)
P: Matt Morris (1 time all star)
P: Woody Williams (1 time all star)
P: Jeff Supan
P: Jason Marquis
P: Jason Isringhausen (1 time all star)

So whats the tally????

Yankees have 12 players appearing in a total of 48 all star games.
Cardinals have 10 players appearing in a total of 23 all star games
Redsox have 7 players appearing in a total of 17 all star games.

If anyone ever questions why the Yankees always win, that should clear things up. You play an All-Star team in a 7 game series, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 :cuss:

Amnorix
10-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Why anyone gets worked up over the most retarded professional sport in the history of the world I'll never understand.

Until baseball fixes it's massive issues, I'll remain an EXTREMELY casual fan. Honestly, WTF cares about a sport where Team X has a salary that's 3x larger than average. I mean, it's only news if Team X doesn't win.

Boston has gotten a huge benefit out of the baseball salary disparity as well, so it's not like Sox fans can really cry about it. It's just insane to pretend that it's a "real" sport in any meaningful way.

A real sport is one in which the people or teams are competing on RELATIVELY even playing fields. Major League Baseball does not have this little requirement in effect, and therefore, IMHO, has no validity at the current time.

BIG_DADDY
10-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Fvck the Yankmee's.

CASHMAN
10-14-2004, 11:48 AM
so... youve like them 50% of your life? You are a poser fan :P

Give me an FFFFFFFFFINGGGGGGGG break.

CASHMAN.

Ultra Peanut
10-14-2004, 11:52 AM
I'll care again when there's parity. Until then, I hope the Yankees win every World Series and go 168-0 in the regular season.You want them to play 6 more meaningless regular season games than everyone else? How will that work out?

When did you become a Yankees fan, Cashman? Doesn't your city already have a team?

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Give me an FFFFFFFFFINGGGGGGGG break
The yankees are the most detrimental thing to baseball today. They prevent the Salary Cap from happening. They buy the league. You can go love them while they destroy the very sport by which they make a living. You are rooting for the destruction of baseball. You know, interest in baseball has reached an all-time low. I blame the Yankees and their dynasty building. So you take your break and break it off you know where.

CASHMAN
10-14-2004, 11:54 AM
The yankees are the most detrimental thing to baseball today. They prevent the Salary Cap from happening. They buy the league. You can go love them while they destroy the very sport by which they make a living. You are rooting for the destruction of baseball. You know, interest in baseball has reached an all-time low. I blame the Yankees and their dynasty building. So you take your break and break it off you know where.

Oh that hurt please stop:)

CASHMAN.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm sure the MLBPA has nothing to do with it.
The man who holds the most sway in baseball is George Steinbrener. Period.

Crush
10-14-2004, 12:02 PM
The only way to fix baseball is a MAJOR catestrophic event like the 1994 strike. However it would have to bring the MLBPA to its knees and force it to accept a salary cap. In the process, the sport would be hanging on to its last breath as fandom would drop considerably. Hopefully the new MLB will able to rise from the ashes of the old one.

Crush
10-14-2004, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't mind if there was a year without MLB. No replacement players... just no baseball.

No way the owners would take a hit like that, tho. Even if it would pay huge dividends in the long run.

I agree it will never happen. Just a dream...

Dartgod
10-14-2004, 12:17 PM
So Cash. What made you a Yankme fan? Did you grow up in KC?

Rooting for the Yankmees in KC is like a Chiefs fan rooting for the Raiders. In other words, you are DUH-nese.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 12:28 PM
The next time the CBA is up for negotiation, the words salary cap may receive a "F*ck you" in response from Steinbrenner, but they'll receive a "strike" in response from the players' association.
So let em rot... Then you could set up steroid restrictions and have a revamped league of young guys who want to play ball rather than make money.

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Can someone please tell me how/why KC area residents hate the Yankees? What did they ever do to you?

Dartgod
10-14-2004, 12:50 PM
a) EVERYONE hates the Yankees. It's not like Boston has a monopoly on it.

b) re: KC... see late 70's
Yep. The Yankees were to the Royals what the Raiders are to the Chiefs.

Dartgod
10-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Can someone please tell me how/why KC area residents hate the Yankees? What did they ever do to you?
The Pine Tar game for one...

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 12:53 PM
a) EVERYONE hates the Yankees. It's not like Boston has a monopoly on it.

b) re: KC... see late 70's

That's like saying everyone hates the Raiders. Obviously ya'll hate them more than most but............

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 12:54 PM
The Pine Tar game for one...

You're basing your hate on Brett having a homerun taken away and then being tossed from the game? That's pretty weak.

Ultra Peanut
10-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Oh, God. Take that martyr complex, "woe is us," "we're the only ones who can really hate the Yankees" Red Sox shit somewhere else.

Dartgod
10-14-2004, 12:59 PM
You're basing your hate on Brett having a homerun taken away and then being tossed from the game? That's pretty weak.
Jesus. That was just one (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing example.

The Yankees were a huge rival of the Royals in the late 70s, early 80s. Take my word for it. Why do you have a problem with that?

Mark M
10-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Several consecutive ALCS head-to-head matchups, with KC finally winning one in 1980.

Trust us ... the hatred for the Yankees in KC has more to do with their money grubbing owner.

MM
~~:cuss:

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Oh, God. Take that martyr complex, "woe is us," "we're the only ones who can really hate the Yankees" Red Sox shit somewhere else.

I'm not saying that what so ever. I was just curious as to what you have against them besides what everyone has. If you can give me a good reason to really hate them I wouldn't ask.

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Jesus. That was just one (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing example.

The Yankees were a huge rival of the Royals in the late 70s, early 80s. Take my word for it. Why do you have a problem with that?

I don't, I just didn't think that was the case. Now I have seen the errors of my ways.

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Let that be a lesson to ya!

Wasn't this like 25-30 years ago? Man, you guys hold a grudge :p

Mark M
10-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Wasn't this like 25-30 years ago? Man, you guys hold a grudge :p

So ... I guess you'll be sending Bill Buckner a Christmas card this year?

MM
~~:D

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 02:26 PM
So ... I guess you'll be sending Bill Buckner a Christmas card this year?

MM
~~:D

I'm way over that. F*ck, I was 8 years old when that happened.

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Heh... I was gonna reach back and make reference to the Yankees buying a certain someone from them.

Who do you think you are? ndbbm? Besides, are you talking about this?????

cadmonkey
10-14-2004, 02:29 PM
I was only six when the Royals last won a WS.

How old were you last time the BoSox took one?

I was just a twinkle in my father's, father's, father's eye!