PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou QB recruit to be on ESPN2 tonight at 8:30 CST...

shaneo69
10-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Associated Press

Southlake Carroll and Denton Ryan's game to be televised nationally on ESPN2 on Thursday has created plenty of buzz in Texas about state titles and national rankings.

The District 5-5A game begins at 9:30 p.m. ET at Southlake's Dragon Stadium.

Carroll and Ryan are both 6-0 and 3-0 in district play. The Dragons are ranked No. 1 nationally by USA Today and first in the state by The Associated Press. Ryan is tied for third in the state and ranked 12th in the nation.

Expect a lot of passing. Both teams are led by two-year starters at quarterback.

Chase Daniel heads up the Dragon attack. He has already thrown for 1,856 yards and 19 touchdowns and has run for 614 yards and 11 more scores.

"He's one of the top dual threat quarterbacks in the United States," Dodge said. "He's shown that when we need it he will step up and get it done."

His top target is Clint Renfro who has 30 catches for 684 yards and 12 touchdowns. He's the son of former Dallas Cowboys and Houston Oilers receiver Mike Renfro. The Dragons also have running back Aaron Luna, who has run for 662 yards and six touchdowns.

Ryan QB Justin Willis has 1,178 yards passing with 10 touchdowns and has scored eight more TDs on 510 yards rushing. Jaiston Sawyer has added almost 500 yards rushing and eight touchdowns for the Raiders.

Carroll has outscored its opponents a combined 285-119 this season, but Dodge expects this game to be more challenging.

"It's going to be a battle," Dodge said. "One of those games where whoever wins will win in the fourth quarter. We will have to be able to handle adversity and just play hard."

ChiefsOne
10-14-2004, 04:09 PM
That's weird, their QB recruit from last year is named Chase!

Skip Towne
10-14-2004, 04:13 PM
This guy is going to Missouri? Why?

Crush
10-14-2004, 05:01 PM
This just reminded me of how much my highschool football team sucked.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2004, 05:06 PM
This guy is going to Missouri? Why?Our program is up and coming, while others are slipping rapidly... :)

Saulbadguy
10-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Our program is up and coming, while others are slipping rapidly... :)
Took you guys long enough. With a population double of that of Kansas, and only one Division I-A school, you would think you would be more competitive than Kansas and Kansas State. :p

Skip Towne
10-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Our program is up and coming, while others are slipping rapidly... :)
Texas and Oklahoma aren't slipping rapidly. As for MU "up and coming" does Troy State ring a bell. These next three games will tell the story on MU.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Texas and Oklahoma aren't slipping rapidly. As for MU "up and coming" does Troy State ring a bell. These next three games will tell the story on MU.I was just messing with ya'. I don't see us winning at Texas and OSU will be VERY tough, even at home. Pinkel is getting the QB recruits, though.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Daniel looks pretty good so far. :thumb:

shaneo69
10-14-2004, 08:34 PM
The Daniel-to-Renfro combo has already hooked up for 2 TD's tonight. Their team is winning 17-13 in the 2nd Qtr. Too bad Chase can't bring Renfro along with him to Mizzou.

KcMizzou
10-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I was just messing with ya'. I don't see us winning at Texas. I'm afraid we're in for a severe ass kicking.

Although... since noone expects us to win, we really have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If, by some chance, Mizzou wins... look out.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Damn, Daniel to Renfro again on a PERFECT pass and catch. Unreal.

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Any other Mizzou fans catch the game?!?

bkkcoh
10-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Any other Mizzou fans catch the game?!?

The only thing that seems wimpy about his game is his name. He seems to have quite a bit of composure undert the spot light of Thursday Night Lights and being on a national stage.

It sure doesn't sound like he would have any problems academically either....

redbrian
10-15-2004, 04:14 PM
This guy is going to Missouri? Why?

He sure as hell doesn’t want to go to Kansas where they have one coach with one foot in the grave and the onset of senility, while the other is one cheese burger from blowing out his heart.