PDA

View Full Version : Going to my first ever Chiefs game...need some pointers.

BigVE
10-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Just got tickets to the Falcons game. I have seen a couple of seating charts here and there, which is the best? What does it mean when the tickets say "field box"? Any pointers on WHEN to arrive and where to park? I know I know, lots of questions. ANY pointers and tips will be greatly appreciated from this life-long Chiefs fan going to my FIRST EVER game in ARROW HEAD!!! (Im a bit stoked)

Bearcat
10-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Gates open 3 hours before kickoff.

http://www.chiefstix.com/stadium.gif

CosmicPal
10-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Listen to the wisdom of my father when he sat me on his knee as a little pup when he talked about me going to Arrowhead someday:

He said, "Son, if you go to the game with nothing on. Then you must run across the field when everyone's looking."

Such great advice. I owe my father so much...

:thumb:

Skip Towne
10-14-2004, 06:23 PM
You must be very quiet while in Arrowhead. It is a shrine, you see.

BigRedChief
10-14-2004, 06:29 PM
get there early. Walk around the tailgaters. Wonder around. Find the tee pee. They put on a mini show. Leave yourself extra time for everything. Going to the bathroom, getting a beer etc..

BigVE
10-14-2004, 06:44 PM
What does it mean if my ticket has an asterisk next to the seat number?

beavis
10-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Wear some Raiders gear. That always goes over well.

Bob Dole
10-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Hopefully one of the regular tailgaters will jump in and offer an invite. (Except Nzoner338 is probably in jail because someone stole "his" spot.)

Bob Dole took a friend (who isn't really a KC fan) to the Texans game, and she's still talking about the Arrowhead experience. You're going to have the time of your life.

BigVE
10-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Hopefully one of the regular tailgaters will jump in and offer an invite. (Except Nzoner338 is probably in jail because someone stole "his" spot.)

Bob Dole took a friend (who isn't really a KC fan) to the Texans game, and she's still talking about the Arrowhead experience. You're going to have the time of your life.

That would be cool. I KNOW Im going to have a blast! Me and Mrs. BigV and another couple will be traveling to Topeka on that Saturday and spending the night with some friends and then we will head out to Arrowhead bright and early Sunday morning.

KcMizzou
10-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Drink heavily in the lot before the game... and only buy the $5 beers to maintain your buzz.

Phobia
10-14-2004, 07:35 PM

It's because I was there. She liked checking out my package.

Inspector
10-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Yell.

Loudly.

BigVE
10-15-2004, 04:16 AM
Yell.

Loudly.

OHYEAH.....I already told my wife that she BETTER NOT have a voice left after the game!

ChiefJustice
10-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Be prepared for a long walk from your parking spot if you don't get there early.

Savor that aroma that is Arrowhead!

Otter
10-15-2004, 05:16 AM
Wear red, yell loud when Vick is trying to call the plays, drink beer and meet other Chiefs fans.

Just like any other stadium as far as seats go; the closer you are to the 50 yard line and to the field are better seats.

The only thing that requires any thought is pre-game; find out where some of the planet guys are gonna be or friends and meet up with them.

It's simple. Have fun and make sure you don't lose your tickets in the meantime.

:thumb:

Jenson71
10-15-2004, 05:29 AM
For "home of the brave" it's "home of the Chiefs"

whoman69
10-15-2004, 06:20 AM
Get there early. It took me an hour and a half from when I got there to get a parking spot.

CosmicPal
10-15-2004, 06:22 AM
A few things you should know about the stadium, Chiefs fans, and the tailgating:

1. If you don't wear something red- you'll be consider an enemy and will be treated with the utmost disrespect.

2. Bring beer. Lots of beer. Drink all you want for only the opposing fans get thrown out for drunkenness and given DUI's should they attempt to leave the parking lot.

3. If you park in the parking lot, it is required you wave a giant red Chiefs banner. You relinquish your chance at a port-a-potty if you don't honor this rule.

4. All you need to know is that they have some crazy little women there.

5. The restroom facilities inside Arrowhead stadium are for Chiefs fans use only. Opposing team fans get no restroom priviledges.

6. Beer inside the stadium are regular price for Chiefs fans, but opposing fans it is double the price. i.e. If a regular beer is $6.50, then an opposing fan will be paying $13.00.

7. Throwing dangerous objects inside Arrowhead stadium is not permitted unless of course, they are aimed precisely at unsuspecting opposing fans.

8. When singing the national anthem, be fully aware that the end of the song is, and will always be: "....home of the CHIEFS!" It's not "home of the brave." If you fail to honor this, you will be hauled off by security and your tickets given to the ticketless blonde gal outside the gates.

9. Making fun of anyone's BBQ or grilling in the parking lot is signing your death certificate. If you wish to sample some tasty BBQ from the fans in the parking lot, offer them your girlfriend for 10 mins and you will be a well-fed man before entering the stadium.

10. Just have fun. Arrowhead is an enigmatic stadium with the best fans in professional football. It is a magical place that should never be torn down. Don't forget the earplugs.

KCTitus
10-15-2004, 07:15 AM
Dont eat the big white mint in the bathroom...

words to live by.

Phobia
10-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Just like any other stadium as far as seats go; the closer you are to the 50 yard line and to the field are better seats.

I disagree. If you're there to watch a football game being played, there are no worse tickets than 1st row on the 50 yard line. You can't see the game and there's too many distractions on the sideline.

Put me on the 2nd level in the endzone any day.

Scaga
10-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Gates open at 9:00...be in line by 8:00.

You must, I repeat, MUST have the first beer cracked open by 8:01 (yes...in the morning)

Get a good buzz going BEFORE entering the stadium. At $6.50 a beer, a good drunk will cost you hundreds!!

Leave the trunk/door open and listen to 101.1 FM

R&GHomer
10-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Have a GREAT TIME. If you have a digital camera or can get your hands on one, do it. I love going over pictures of games past. It truely is an experience to remember.

Edit:

Oh, and one more thing. Don't get all emotional and shed tears at the end of the national anthem when 79,000 crazy fans scream as loud as they can; in unison "HOME OF THE CHIEEEEEEEEEEFS"!... Ok, Ok... You can shed one tear, and one tear only. :thumb:

Lzen
10-15-2004, 11:58 AM
It's because I was there. She liked checking out my package.

Yeah, I heard she was into guys with small peckers.

Lzen
10-15-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm actually going to the Falcons game, too. But I will have my nephew (13), and my boys (11 & 8) with me. I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do before the game. Not sure if I want my boys to meet you heathens. :p

Lzen
10-15-2004, 02:11 PM
I make a great counter example.

LOL, good point. You gonna be there?

Lzen
10-15-2004, 02:15 PM
No, sorry.

Next game at Arrowhead I'll make is the Christmas Day Raider game.

I C. I'll be at the next 2 games (Falcons and Colts) and then New England. That'll be it for me this year. That is, unless we somehow miraculously make the playoffs. Then I might be able to talk my bud into going.

BigVE
10-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the tips/advice all. What exactly does he mean by "gates open at 9, be in line by 8"?? There will be a LINE to get in the gates THAT early? wow.

Taco Bell
10-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the tips/advice all. What exactly does he mean by "gates open at 9, be in line by 8"?? There will be a LINE to get in the gates THAT early? wow.

He's serious.

BigVE
10-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Holy $hit....I will be getting up a bit earlier than I had planned. Its worth it. I figured he was serious but I hoped he was exaggerating a bit. lol

Taco Bell
10-15-2004, 03:01 PM
If you aren't in line at 8, you will sit in traffic, or waiting to get into a space until 9:45 or so.....at the earliest....if you wait until 9 to come to the stadium....you'll get in after 10, maybe closer to 10:30 before you are in your space.

Phobia
10-15-2004, 03:19 PM
I've been in line at 8:30 or 8:45 many times and still been parked and drinking beer by 9:15.

You don't need to be there at 8:00.

*disclaimer - I always enter through the backside of Blue Ridge Cutoff. I'm sure other entrances are worse.

Ghostof
10-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Park across the street for a cheaper price and walk over to the game.

By the time you get to the stadium you'll be sober and then you buy the cheap expensive beer and leave at half time when the Chiefs are in the lead by 100 points and by the time you get back to your car you'll be sober again.

Good times.

Oh, and since its your first game, you have to wear a Raiders Jersey...everyone knows that. That way people will see its your first time and they will be nice to you.

Trust me.

BigVE
10-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Park across the street for a cheaper price and walk over to the game.

By the time you get to the stadium you'll be sober and then you buy the cheap expensive beer and leave at half time when the Chiefs are in the lead by 100 points and by the time you get back to your car you'll be sober again.

Good times.

Oh, and since its your first game, you have to wear a Raiders Jersey...everyone knows that. That way people will see its your first time and they will be nice to you.

Trust me.
I dont own any raiders jerseys...will my "KILL WHITEY" shirt work ok? :rolleyes:

teedubya
10-15-2004, 03:42 PM
walk around the tailgaters and ask some big strong dudes, if they want to enjoy a little Backyard Arrowhead Boxing before the game...

BigVE
10-15-2004, 03:48 PM
walk around the tailgaters and ask some big strong dudes, if they want to enjoy a little Backyard Arrowhead Boxing before the game...

I could do that...will be going to the game with my cousin who is 6'2 and 290lbs and bench presses 515lbs (no joke)...Im the small one of the family at 6'1 245. You going to be there?

Fairplay
10-15-2004, 03:51 PM
I always enter through the backside. I'm sure other entrances are worse.

Try the other two entrances.

whoman69
10-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Try the other two entrances.
He probably didn't know there were other entrances. Or is it an exit only?

38yrsfan
10-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Try to sit near the Falcons DC and wave something in his face :)

Taco Bell
10-15-2004, 09:42 PM
*disclaimer - I always enter through the backside of Blue Ridge Cutoff. I'm sure other entrances are worse.

I'll have to try that; except I feel funny using the backside...

Skip Towne
10-15-2004, 09:56 PM
I disagree. If you're there to watch a football game being played, there are no worse tickets than 1st row on the 50 yard line. You can't see the game and there's too many distractions on the sideline.

Put me on the 2nd level in the endzone any day.
Uh..huh.

keg in kc
10-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Yell a lot, drink a lot, try not to break the seal, 'cause getting in line for the piss trough can suck, and you don't want to miss anything.

BigVE
10-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Your allowed to bring in radios and binoculars right? I just bought a pair of those binoculars with a digital camera built in so I can get some "close-ups" of Priest/Gonzo/T-Rich/Trent...and my new "favorite" player, Junior Siavii.

Phobia
10-16-2004, 04:57 PM
You can bring binos, just not the bino case, for some reason. Check kcchiefs.com for a list of shit you can and can't bring.

Demonpenz
10-16-2004, 04:59 PM
i like the binos that hold whiskey

Skip Towne
10-16-2004, 05:03 PM
You can bring binos, just not the bino case, for some reason. Check kcchiefs.com for a list of shit you can and can't bring.
It's because you might make a weapon out of the bino case.

Bowser
10-16-2004, 05:10 PM
It's because you might make a weapon out of the bino case.

I don't think that "weapon" would be enough to get through King Carls windows in his luxury box as he sits and contemplates raising the price of beer and parking.

Skip Towne
10-16-2004, 05:19 PM
I don't think that "weapon" would be enough to get through King Carls windows in his luxury box as he sits and contemplates raising the price of beer and parking.
Maybe we could make a zip gun out of the bino case.