PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals release Superbowl MVP Dexter Jackson

Bill Lundberg
10-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Cardinals Release Dexter Jackson --
Thu Oct 14, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

The Arizona Republic reports the Cardinals have released FS Dexter Jackson (back - IR). Contrary to an earlier report, it's believed that no injury settlement was involved. Jackson was placed on injured reserve before the season because of back problems that had troubled him since last spring. The team apparently determined that Jackson is now healthy and, since he doesn't fit into the club's plans, he was released. Jackson was one of the team's marquee free agents last year, signing a five-year, $14 million contract, including a $2.75 million signing bonus. That came only months after he helped Tampa Bay win Super Bowl XXXVII, earning MVP honors in that game.

Jenson17
10-14-2004, 08:34 PM
Wonder if Gunther can convert him to a CB?

If not, you can never have enough Safeties.

chiefsfolife
10-14-2004, 08:47 PM
f#ck the cardinals

teedubya
10-15-2004, 02:25 AM
so is he free to go anywhere and PLAY this year? or because of injured reserve status... he is screweD? what is the deal with that?

Miles
10-15-2004, 02:35 AM
so is he free to go anywhere and PLAY this year? or because of injured reserve status... he is screweD? what is the deal with that?

Im also wandering what he can do this year too. I cant recall a player on IR being released so i dont know what happens. I imagine that the IR status is just for the Cardinals and he is free to sign wherever he wants because he contract was terminated.

Crush
10-15-2004, 07:08 AM
:hmmm: I wonder if he can play nickelback.

ROYC75
10-15-2004, 07:21 AM

One would think that with 3 DL men and 8 safetys, we would have a safe defense ? :rolleyes:

Skip Towne
10-15-2004, 07:35 AM

Uh.....that's fullbacks.