PDA

View Full Version : Car question part deux.

JimNasium
10-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Has anyone had personal experience with the Honda Pilot SUV? Please note that I'm not looking for any of the following types of comments:

Buy a Ford dude.
I saw one on the street yesterday.
SUV's are evil you capitalist pig.
Riceburner, riceburner, riceburner!
Buy a Chevy dude.
Taco Bell, its what's for dinner.
Beware of the English young Eric, beware of the English.
Buy a Dodge you dirty communist.
Saturns are nice.

Thanks in advance.

ptlyon
10-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Bump for JimNausium

Hoover
10-15-2004, 12:35 PM
I have a Honda Accord, and love it.

Brock
10-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Hmm - I thought you had narrowed it down between a Lexus and something else.

dilligaf
10-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Buy a Toyota, dude.

Hoover
10-15-2004, 12:51 PM
As a Honda and Toyota owner.

I like both, but Toyota is the better car IMO

JimNasium
10-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Hmm - I thought you had narrowed it down between a Lexus and something else.
I have a tendency to overanalyze these decisions. I'm a tortured soul.

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 01:25 PM
I have a tendency to overanalyze these decisions. I'm a tortured soul.
Like a fox! (I know it makes no sense, but its one of my random sayings i use in rl conversations)

Bwana
10-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Awwww the pilot. :) Not a bad rig, but expect some Tranny issues. I have no idea why the hell Honda can't figure out their transmissions as of late, but all hell has been breaking loose. They keep redesigning them, but the latest issue has to do with design flaws regarding the size of some of the fluid intake ports in the Tranny. Those things smoke 2nd and 3rd gears faster than Fidel Castro burns down a Cohiba. Until Honda corp pulls their head out of their ass, I would stick to a Toyota. They have been making SUVs a lot longer and.........they don't break.

Chiefnj
10-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Awwww the pilot. :) Not a bad rig, but expect some Tranny issues. I have no idea why the hell Honda can't figure out their transmissions as of late, but all hell has been breaking loose. They keep redesigning them, but the latest issue has to do with design flaws regarding the size of some of the fluid intake ports in the Tranny. Those things smoke 2nd and 3rd gears faster than Fidel Castro burns down a Cohiba. Until Honda corp pulls their head out of their ass, I would stick to a Toyota. They have been making SUVs a lot longer and.........they don't break.

There was a recall to remedy the 2nd gear issue on all Pilots.

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Those things smoke 2nd and 3rd gears faster than Fidel Castro burns down a Cohiba.
I appreciate the analogy anyway :)

Bwana
10-15-2004, 01:40 PM

I know there was, but Honda is still having Issues with a lot of their Trannys. Why they can't get it figured out is the question of the day.

Bwana
10-15-2004, 01:41 PM
I appreciate the analogy anyway :)

:D

KCTitus
10-15-2004, 01:42 PM

Same w/the Odyssey...

Phobia
10-15-2004, 01:44 PM
My brother has one. It's still running, which I guess is good. But, it hasn't "worn" well, IMO. I don't think he'd buy another one.

But, his is probably a little older than the one at which you're looking.