PDA

View Full Version : 50% chance of rain Sunday

Fort Chief
10-19-2000, 10:49 PM
From the Sporting News St Louis reporter

"A more significant factor might be rain, which is in the early forecasts for Sunday at Kansas City. How will Kurt Warner perform in the rain? Will the timing and the cuts be as precise on pass patterns if it's a wet or sloppy turf? No one knows for sure, because the team really hasn't had to play in such circumstances over the past year and a half.

Even disregarding the weather, remember that the team also started 6-0 a year ago, only to stumble outdoors -- on grass -- against an AFC opponent in Game 7. That game was a 24-21 loss to Tennessee.

The Rams proceeded to lose the following week as well, in Detroit, before regrouping to win seven straight before that Eagles loss. Coach Mike Martz has reminded the Rams of that '99 dip, and doesn't want history to repeat himself.

Go CHIEFS!!!

------------------
J Smitty is happy C. Okoye will be in the Chiefs Ring of fame!!

Gracie Dean
10-20-2000, 07:21 AM
In past years, this would be comforting to me moreso than it is now. Rain would certainly slow the Rams attack down but it's not like we have much of a running game currently. At least, we haven't demonstrated much up to this point. It may hamstring us as much as it helps.... Rain would just make everything sloppy. I'd rather see flawless execution..... I dunno guys. Help me see the advantages I've missed.

milkman
10-20-2000, 07:34 AM
Twitlock predicts that we will lose 50-10 on Sunday, and 62-10 if Chester doesn't play.

I might find it funny watching these guys fall all over themselves in the weather and have them be labled a "Turf Indoor only Team". Heck, I just want them to lose, soon.

DoubleWannaB
10-20-2000, 07:49 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't want those guys coming on here telling me they would have won IF it wasn't raining. I want to beat them, and I want to beat them without any excuses. I think our team is VERY capable of doing this if they play to thier potential. We have the tools and the talent.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Stuckinbama
10-20-2000, 08:08 AM
What KPhobia said in post #1. In years past I'd welcome the rain, but we can't run the ball so it will also hurt us.