PDA

View Full Version : "Baby, you are soo money and you dont even know it!"

Deberg_1990
10-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Swingers is on TMC...classic classic flick...

Deberg_1990
10-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Sweet..its on again! on TMC West.....Direct TV free preview weekend rocks!!

KcMizzou
10-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Great movie

Redcoats58
10-16-2004, 01:07 AM
No Baby we're going to Vegas and they are gonna put us in the Rainman suite. We'll be up 5 honey by midnight.

Rausch
10-16-2004, 01:13 AM
No Baby we're going to Vegas and they are gonna put us in the Rainman suite. We'll be up 5 honey by midnight.

I remember telling the Girlfriend "we're money honey. MONEY. Bet it."

The next thing I knew I was using my credit card for (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing Taco Bell...

Hammock Parties
10-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Is this the movie where Vince Vaughn drags some poor sap around by his ass? I hate that movie.

Rausch
10-16-2004, 01:14 AM
Is this the movie where Vince Vaughn drags some poor sap around by his ass? I hate that movie.

Which is 1 of 1,ooo reasons why you suck...

Redcoats58
10-16-2004, 01:26 AM
This says alot about you GoChiefs. That is a great cult classic, I wouldn't expect you to understand because you have never had your heart smashed by a female.

Hammock Parties
10-16-2004, 01:31 AM
you have never had your heart smashed by a female.

I certainly have....

Anyway, I don't know why I don't like swingers. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Mostly Vince Vaughn's character.

Redcoats58
10-16-2004, 01:38 AM
I certainly have....

Anyway, I don't know why I don't like swingers. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Mostly Vince Vaughn's character.
Trent(Vince Vaughn) is the best part about that movie. He is kinda the guy everyone wishes they could be (with the ladies)yet is still always looking out for John Favro throughout the whole movie.

Hammock Parties
10-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Trent(Vince Vaughn) is the best part about that movie. He is kinda the guy everyone wishes they could be (with the ladies)yet is still always looking out for John Favro throughout the whole movie.

I have no desire to be anything even close to his character...

Redcoats58
10-16-2004, 02:49 AM
I have no desire to be anything even close to his character...
Which explains your success with the ladies :p

Redcoats58
10-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Oh by the way it also seems you just don't like this movie because you don't like Vince Vaughn

Hammock Parties
10-16-2004, 02:53 AM
I have no beef with him. I like some of his other films.

I just don't like his character in this film. I find him sleazy and obnoxious.

As far as my "success with the ladies," it has nothing to do with my approach. It has everything to do with effort, which for me is zero.

Demonpenz
10-16-2004, 04:02 AM
and i am sitting there talking to a girl who isn't half the woman my exgirlfriend is and she fronts by looking around me to see if anyone cooler has just walked in, and i am supposed to be impressed because she's wearing a backpack?

ZepSinger
10-16-2004, 08:28 AM
The most painful part of the flick to watch is when the loser finally gets a girls' phone #, then goes home and decides to call her that same night at 2:37am- he proceeds to leave message after message on her machine- each one sounding more and more desperate and pathetic till she finally picks up the phone and say "don't ever call me again."

I was literally screaming "JUST HANG UP THE PHONE AND GO TO BED! YA MORON! STOP!!!!!!"

Sooooo painful.. :shake:

Baby Lee
10-16-2004, 08:32 AM
The most painful part of the flick to watch is when the loser finally gets a girls' phone #, then goes home and decides to call her that same night at 2:37am- he proceeds to leave message after message on her machine- each one sounding more and more desperate and pathetic till she finally picks up the phone and say "don't ever call me again."

I was literally screaming "JUST HANG UP THE PHONE AND GO TO BED! YA MORON! STOP!!!!!!"

I think most who have seen that scene agree it's an all time classic.

Kind of like saying "my favorite part of Goodfellas was when the short guy says 'funny how?'"

teedubya
10-16-2004, 08:39 AM

yeah no shit... you are just cringing for this dude...

heh

"You’re like a big bear, with claws and fangs, fangs man. Big (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )in teeth, yeah man with (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )in teeth on ya. She’s just like this little bunny who’s just kinda cowering in the corner. Shivering. Yeah man just kinda….. And you got these claws and you’re staring at these claws and your thinking to yourself with these claws, you’re thinkin now how am I supposed to kill this bunny, how am I supposed to kill this bunny, and your poking at it. Yeah you’re not hurting it, you’re just kinda gently batting the bunny around, you know what I mean. and the bunnies scared mike, the bunnies scared of you. And you got these (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing claws man and these fangs man, and you’re looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and you’re thinking to yourself I don’t know what to do man, I don’t know how to kill the bunny with this you don’t know how to kill the bunny. Do you know what I mean? you’re like a big bear, man."

Rausch
10-16-2004, 09:42 AM
As far as my "success with the ladies," it has nothing to do with my approach. It has everything to do with effort, which for me is zero.

Well then Mr. Motivated, why not toss aside the cheetos and go make a move on some princess? You got a lightsaber, young nerd, NOW USE IT! :cuss:

Skip Towne
10-16-2004, 09:50 AM
I remember telling the Girlfriend "we're money honey. MONEY. Bet it."

The next thing I knew I was using my credit card for (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing Taco Bell...
This sounds like one of Endelt's "The next thing I knew....." stories.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2004, 11:20 AM

Yea..that scene is a classic no doubt......its funny and altogether heartbreaking at the same time. I love how the movie shows male bonding at its finest, like how guys just hang out together and talk....I love the scenes when they are sitting around playing the Hockey video game talking about Gretzkey getting in fights, the dialouge is hilarious and its exactly right. Also when they are just cruising around the town going to parties and stuff.....its perfect....just a great great flick.

Over-Head
10-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Never seen it. ....and ahhh probably never will now. :shake:

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2004, 12:22 PM
A few weeks ago, I organized a "Swinger's" night in Hollywood for a few friends. We hit 3 Clubs, Daddy's, The Dresden and the 101 Coffee shop. It was a blast! We even got a few pics with Marty & Elaine. I'll see if I can dig them up.

Dane
~I lived Swinger's in the mid 90's

Hammock Parties
10-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Well then Mr. Motivated, why not toss aside the cheetos and go make a move on some princess? You got a lightsaber, young nerd, NOW USE IT! :cuss:

Who said I was motivated? I'm obviously not.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Who said I was motivated? I'm obviously not.

JBret...

"I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, JBret. You're a bad man, bad man. "

LOL