PDA

View Full Version : Scariest movie

Smileyjack41
10-16-2004, 01:29 AM
It. Stephen King's movie about the killer clown. Tim Curry still gives me the ebby gebbies when I see him :eek:

Smileyjack41
10-16-2004, 01:30 AM
opps posted reply in wrong place

Bearcat2005
10-16-2004, 04:12 AM
In no order;
Night of the Living Dead(Original), Halloween, Hellraiser I and II (both amazing), Exorcist, TCM, TCM (remake was good as well), Poltergeist, The Shining, Alien, Pet sematary, and some others!

Crush
10-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Even though the movie was scary, the book was alot scarier.

Jenson71
10-16-2004, 06:45 AM
IT was lame, imo. I watched that when I was around 10 years old, nothing about it was scary.

The Exorcist is the scariest. Pyscho is real close behind.

Braincase
10-16-2004, 07:04 AM
I was probably 12 years old when I saw "Jaws". I still won't swim in the ocean when I'm on the coast or in Hawaii. No freakin' way.

ZepSinger
10-16-2004, 08:22 AM
The scariest movie I've EVER seen is 'The Changeling' with George C. Scott; came out in about 1980. And there is zero gore and blood.. it's all about the suspense and supernatural...

http://www.slightlywarped.com/movies/C/poster/changeling.jpg

b-squared
10-16-2004, 08:28 AM
As a kid, I thought Salem's Lot was creepy, but good. I still tune it in occasionally when I see it getting play time on the tube.

bdb

Wrasse
10-16-2004, 08:28 AM
The scariest movie I've EVER seen is 'The Changeling' with George C. Scott; came out in about 1980. And there is zero gore and blood.. it's all about the suspense and supernatural...

http://www.slightlywarped.com/movies/C/poster/changeling.jpg
:thumb:
Yep...this one ranks very high in my book.

Although the Exorcist is probably #1 and Jaws is up there due to the time I saw it.

HC_Chief
10-16-2004, 08:41 AM
The Exorcist
Alien
Evil Dead (the original, not the spoofy sequels)
Halloween
An American Werewolf in London

Mr Grimm
10-16-2004, 08:42 AM
the making of "Thriller" video

HarryParatestes
10-16-2004, 09:57 AM
The home movies from my first marriage.... :shake:

CosmicPal
10-16-2004, 09:58 AM
The home movies from my first marriage.... :shake:

ROFL

Sorry, but that WAS funny....

KCWolfman
10-16-2004, 10:12 AM
IT was lame, imo. I watched that when I was around 10 years old, nothing about it was scary.

The Exorcist is the scariest. Pyscho is real close behind.
Yup, I would agree. There is no real "effects" in The Exorcist until the last 20 minutes or so, yet they keep you gripped long before the Exorcism even begins.

Hitchcock is a genius (goes without saying), I loved Psycho, but Rear Window was truly much eerier, just not a true "horror" film.

CosmicPal
10-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Welcome to the Planet, smileyjack!

My personal favorites- the ones that "scared" me or what what I thought were "watchable" horror films- 'cause quite frankly, many of them are pretty damn lame. But, my faves are:

Jaws
Halloween
Suspiria
Carrie
The Last House on the Left
The Exorcist
Poltergeist
The Shining
The Ring
Rosemary's Baby
Nightmare on Elm Street

and well, this is rather embarrassing- Helter Skelter. I watched that alone when I was a kid in OPKS and believed that damn freak, Charlie Manson would escape from jail and get me....

Nightfyre
10-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Rosemary's Baby is scary as... Well its really scary! Good Film. That will be my Scariest (apart from Old School, But taht is fora completely different reason...)

royr17
10-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Yall think Nightmare on Elm Street is scary ? Are you kidding me ? I have the movie and its not scary at all.

Before putting nightmare on elm street up there you have gotta put the Friday 13th movies up there over the freddys movies.

And I have never got to the horrific scary movies yet but I did find the return of the living dead part 2 kinda funny.

royr17
10-16-2004, 11:23 AM
If i had to pick a scary movie it would have to be the howling to me, i saw that movie one night and it scared the living bee gees out of me.

PrimeTime21
10-16-2004, 12:57 PM
The 7 Sins, just crazy

HC_Chief
10-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Holy crap... can't believe I left The Shining out of my top 5.

Okay, bump Evil Dead.

An American Werewolf in London can be bumped for The Ring (best horror movie I've seen in years)

keg in kc
10-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Titanic scared me. I thought I'd died and was spending an eternity in hell.

oaklandhater
10-16-2004, 11:41 PM
In no order;
Night of the Living Dead(Original), Halloween, Hellraiser I and II (both amazing), Exorcist, TCM, TCM (remake was good as well), Poltergeist, The Shining, Alien, Pet sematary, and some others!

other then exorcist none of thoes movies where scary to me well mabye poltergeist but nothing that kept me up all night

Slayer Diablo
10-17-2004, 12:05 AM
IMHO, there are no scary movies. IT was an awesome movie, but not scary. The Exorsist was pretty much the same way.

elvomito
10-17-2004, 12:08 AM
event horizon.

we got to the theatre late and as we were opening the theatre doors, two girls came running out screaming a few minutes into the movie.

really nice in surround

Fairplay
10-17-2004, 04:34 AM
It. Stephen King's movie about the killer clown. Tim Curry still gives me the ebby gebbies when I see him :eek:

That movie wasn't scary. And the book not much more. In fact the book was long, drwan out and boring.

mlyonsd
10-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Anything to do with Aliens gives me the willies. You know they're really out there.

I was a little scared watching Signs....until the vet told Mel Gibson he had one locked up in his pantry. Logic wouldn't dictate that an alien could fly billions of miles and then get locked up in a pantry. I breathed easier at that point.

HarryParatestes
10-17-2004, 06:16 AM
Titanic scared me. I thought I'd died and was spending an eternity in hell.

ROFL So I wasn't the only one cheering for the iceberg ...??

dilligaf
10-17-2004, 09:47 AM
That movie wasn't scary. And the book not much more. In fact the book was long, drwan out and boring.
I read the whole GD thing. 1100+ pages , got to the end and it was a turtle from outer space? I was pissed. How stupid was that? The rest of the book from the begining was great, but the end was terrible.

unlurking
10-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Cheesy, but a fun movie.

Stryker
10-17-2004, 10:11 AM
I guess it really depends on what scares the hell outta YOU! Zombies and monsters do not scare me. It is the errie feeling and the hair raising on the back of your neck that says "shit! that was creepy" that gets me.

Event Horizon
The Exorcist - The book is MUCH better
Prince of Darkness
that creepy thing in Gothica
the girl coming out of the well at the end of The Ring
Rosemary's Baby
The Changeling
Although drawn out, "The Others" had an errie concept.

In my opinion, Nightmare on Elm St, Friday the 13th, Halloween and Hellraiser do not compare to "The Omen" trilogy.

I believe it is the concept and the way it is pulled off that make you feel something when the ending credits roll. Just my .02