PDA

View Full Version : LJ for McCardell back on? Where theres smoke etc etc

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 07:12 AM
From posts on another Chiefs BB:

John Clayton said on Sportscenter last night that there has been renewed interest by the Chiefs and the Ravens for McCardell.

Wasn't able to copy the article from espn, but insider reports Chiefs are serious about moving LJ and Keenan is a target....

the Talking Can
10-16-2004, 07:16 AM
it makes absolutly no sense....I'd rather he just rotted on the bench than give him up for a 34 year old

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 07:24 AM
it makes absolutly no sense....I'd rather he just rotted on the bench than give him up for a 34 year old

Sounds like standard procedure for King Carl if you ask me...ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
10-16-2004, 07:24 AM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1902034

Skip Towne
10-16-2004, 07:35 AM
No way this happens.

FloridaChief
10-16-2004, 07:39 AM
Keenan McCardell isn't going anywhere this year. Bet your ass on it.

whoman69
10-16-2004, 08:02 AM
This would be the stupidest thing that the Chiefs have done since they let Nick Lowery go.

teedubya
10-16-2004, 08:28 AM
This would be the stupidest thing that the Chiefs have done since they let Nick Lowery go.

that was absolutely the dumbest thing the CHiefs did... Man, his replacement sucked and blowed simultaneously. :banghead:

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 08:33 AM

I would agree with this except for a couple of bone heade moved that may rival that incompetence....

Keeping GR when you knew this defense couldn't stop anyone

Keeping the kicker whos name we shall not mention even though he hadn't shown anything during his whole time here (and to rub it in our faces, he actually has a super bowl ring)

dtebbe
10-16-2004, 08:56 AM

Yep, if I remember right it was over money, Lowery signed with the Jets for like $1.2 mil and we paid $750k for a kicker to remain nameless. So basically we were probably $450k short of a superbowl appearance.

DT

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Yep, if I remember right it was over money, Lowery signed with the Jets for like $1.2 mil and we paid $750k for a kicker to remain nameless. So basically we were probably $450k short of a superbowl appearance.

DT

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

bricks
10-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Just imagine IF we had kept Lowery, we woulda kicked our way past the Colts in the '95 AFC semi-conference game. Dammit Carl!! :banghead:

nychief
10-16-2004, 09:21 AM
joe horn would have been nice the last couple of years...

Crush
10-16-2004, 09:30 AM
King Carl strikes again.

Ultra Peanut
10-16-2004, 09:34 AM
It will not happen.

That is a good thing.

NDChief
10-16-2004, 09:35 AM
About a week ago, they interviewed DV on Total Access and he said he would not trade LJ for McArdell. He said McArdell was too old.:clap:

Rausch
10-16-2004, 09:36 AM

DT

Was it Lowery that kept Bono from throwing 3 INT's a game? 'Cause I remember that having an impact on the game as well...

Crush
10-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Just imagine IF we had kept Lowery, we woulda kicked our way past the Colts in the '95 AFC semi-conference game. Dammit Carl!! :banghead:

To be fair, we still would've won if Lake Dawson could catch a friggin' ball. This thread is bringing up bad memories. Damn you Bono!!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

R&GHomer
10-16-2004, 09:40 AM
No way this happens. Not straight up any how. Not even Carl is that much of a fuggtard.

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 09:45 AM
To be fair, we still would've won if Lake Dawson could catch a friggin' ball. This thread is bringing up bad memories. Damn you Bono!!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Now theres another brilliant King Carl free agent pickup or did we give up draft picks for Bono?...:banghead:

go bo
10-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Was it Lowery that kept Bono from throwing 3 INT's a game? 'Cause I remember that having an impact on the game as well...picky, picky...

Crush
10-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Steve Bono after going 11 for 25, 125 yds., 1 TD, 3 INT in the biggest game of his career is asked by reporters if he deserved to be benched with four minutes left in the game. Here is his response, "I felt pretty good out there today." :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

It wasn't all "the nameless kicker's" fault, but he didn't help either.

bricks
10-16-2004, 10:08 AM
I dislike this rumor. The Chiefs offered LJ for McCardell straight up. tampa said no. Why are these so called experts bringing this up again? Carl even said he would not make the trade for McCardell. Vermeil even said he wouldn't trade for McCardell since he is too old. So my question is, why is this rumor still hanging around? I don't see the logic to this. Somebody is blowing smoke, and I do not think it is not Carl and DV. IMO, this is done. Water under the bridge. We are not going to get McCardell.

Nightfyre
10-16-2004, 10:27 AM
picky, picky...
bad pun?

Mr. Laz
10-16-2004, 10:29 AM
LJ for McCardell is not a fair deal for us

picking johnson was a STUPID pick for us, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have more value than a 34 yr old receiver looking for his last paycheck.

we better get more than McCardell

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 10:34 AM
I dislike this rumor. The Chiefs offered LJ for McCardell straight up. tampa said no. Why are these so called experts bringing this up again? Carl even said he would not make the trade for McCardell. Vermeil even said he wouldn't trade for McCardell since he is too old. So my question is, why is this rumor still hanging around? I don't see the logic to this. Somebody is blowing smoke, and I do not think it is not Carl and DV. IMO, this is done. Water under the bridge. We are not going to get McCardell.

Maybe its McCadells agent keeping it alive.:shake:

C-Mac
10-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Maybe its McCadells agent keeping it alive.:shake:

Now there could be truth that the Chiefs might be interested in Mcardell, but absolutely not for a even trade for LJ.

Sure-Oz
10-16-2004, 01:31 PM
If it happens I will puke, and i can't puke~!

Sure-Oz
10-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Steve Bono after going 11 for 25, 125 yds., 1 TD, 3 INT in the biggest game of his career is asked by reporters if he deserved to be benched with four minutes left in the game. Here is his response, "I felt pretty good out there today." :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

It wasn't all "the nameless kicker's" fault, but he didn't help either.
everyone did their part to lose, it was easy to blame the kicker over the QB since we gave him his 3rd shot to make 1 and he missed again. Bono would've been the scapegoat easily i thjink if it werent for #2.