PDA

View Full Version : I'm through

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm beat. I can take it any more. My blood pressure can't take it any more. My walls can't take it any more. A lifetime of passionately following a team that plays well enough to tell you they can win, but won't. I've probably taken 10 years off my life already. Time to grow up and start watching ballet and listening to symphonies or something.

Ghostof
10-17-2004, 02:16 PM
I have season tickets to Starlight I'll sell you.

Iowanian
10-17-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm as beaten down as a fan today, as I've been since Elliot missed those kicks.........Or whatshis(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ) without the sleeves kickoffs out of bounds.........

I'm still a fan of The Chiefs..........The Clydesdales couldn't drag that out of me..............

I was intending on attending 2 more games this season............I'm thinking not. No way, can I justify 5 hundo a game, 10hrs of driving to buy $6.50 beer to see this product.

I was in the "keep Tynes" crowd.........I accept that Burden. I was wrong.

McKenzie Hoembroeker was cut by the Bolts............Bring his ass to KC this afternoon.

chiefs4me
I know what you mean,I have been a chiefs fan for 24 years,,,this is not the worst,,,do what I do,,,scream at the tv,,throw stuff around,, cry,,cuss like a sailor,, let the kids know not to speak to you for awhile,, and then move on,,,if your a true fan, you will never be done,,,,nothing like a good vent of anger to release tension,,,,and a good cry never hurts either,,,

Skip Towne
I became a Steelers fan about 10 minutes ago.

Dartgod
10-17-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm beat. I can take it any more. My blood pressure can't take it any more. My walls can't take it any more. A lifetime of passionately following a team that plays well enough to tell you they can win, but won't. I've probably taken 10 years off my life already. Time to grow up and start watching ballet and listening to symphonies or something.
What a f*cking pussy. Go root for the Patriots then.

Dumbass.

Blitz
10-17-2004, 02:21 PM
GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, joking

Baby Lee
What a f*cking pussy. Go root for the Patriots then.

Dumbass.
F UCK YOU. Take you wang, stretch and stretch, and shove up your asshole.

I feel for AustinChief. All this work, and this place is gonna be as dead a a Bengals board in a few weeks. There is nothing to say about this team, except they work hard and play just well enough to lose. Plenty of bright spots, but nothing you can count on to win. Plenty of shortcomings, excpet you never know which particular shortcoming is gonna completely f uck everything up from week to week.

unlurking
Nope, never be done, but I am not going to spend the several thousand dollars I was planning on to fly out and catch the Xmas day game against the Raiders.

I'm going to DisneyLand.

:p

the Talking Can
10-17-2004, 02:22 PM
there's always next year?

Iowanian
10-17-2004, 02:23 PM
I was a fan before Carlco, I'll be a fan after Carlco.

Before Steel gets its strength.........It must first be fired.

I'm the Titanium Baows already.

They'll want to use Chiefs fan skin as Tank Armor by the end of the season.

I can always root for Denver to Lose.

.....as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow............by thursday, I'll be believing the Chiefs will Beat Atlanta, and begin a 11-0 run to the playoffs.

Darkwolfe
GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, joking
Raiders Raiders Raiders

Sorry, Just had to give the appropriate response.

Redcoats58
there's always next year?
Oh the life a Chiefs fan. How many times have we spoken those words?

Dartgod
10-17-2004, 02:24 PM
F UCK YOU. Take you wang, stretch and stretch, and shove up your asshole.
Why do you let a game dictate your happiness? I decided a looooong time ago not to let that happen any more. We win, great. We lose, too bad but it's not the end of the world.

Scorp
10-17-2004, 02:24 PM
I will always love my chiefs.....win or lose. I must say I am not impressed with the offensive play calling this year. Not at all! :shake:

sd4chiefs
10-17-2004, 02:25 PM
I just stuck a needle in my eye. I feel a lot better now. :huh:

Sure-Oz
The main problem is this offense doesn't play a full game, they didnt do SHIT in the first half and expect to score 30 in the 2nd to win? no way, last years O played a full game thats why we always had 28+.

Baby Lee
I was a fan before Carlco, I'll be a fan after Carlco.

Before Steel gets its strength.........It must first be fired.

I'm the Titanium Baows already.

They'll want to use Chiefs fan skin as Tank Armor by the end of the season.

I can always root for Denver to Lose.

.....as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow............by thursday, I'll be believing the Chiefs will Beat Atlanta, and begin a 11-0 run to the playoffs.
And Ben Affleck is gonna win himself another Oscar one of these days.

Raiderhater
10-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Time to grow up and start watching ballet and listening to symphonies or something.

God, you are depressed.....

Iowanian
10-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Hop On BL.........Let Iowanian do his atlas impression and give you a piggy back ride to the bright side.

We won't have to wait as long for excitement on Draft day.............you'll come around..........

DJay23
10-17-2004, 02:29 PM
I became a Steelers fan about 10 minutes ago.
Like a proud papa, or an overly confident...something, I bet two friends at my school (Steelers fans) after the Chiefs 0-3 start that we'd still finish with a better record than the Squeelers. Guess I should have thought this through first.

Sure-Oz
I think its over when we reach loss #7, this division isn't awesome. Raiders need to do us a favor.

KCN
:huh: :sulk:

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Why do you let a game dictate your happiness? I decided a looooong time ago not to let that happen any more. We win, great. We lose, too bad but it's not the end of the world.
That's where I'm heading. The Chiefs' fortunes are something I'm gonna find out in the papers Monday morning, and either grin and say 'way to go,' or shake my head and say "Royals, part deux.'

Redcoats58
10-17-2004, 02:33 PM
I think its over when we reach loss #7, this division isn't awesome. Raiders need to do us a favor.
Wow, still optimistic?

Iowanian
10-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Bow hunting will be an easier decision to make the next month of sundays.............VCR will record the same thing.

if you think today sucks..........wait until Manning throws for 500 yards and 9TDs on McCleon in 2 weeks.

Bearcat

I've tried to have this attitude for years, after heartbreaking losses, but I can't... just too competitive, I guess.... and it has something to do with putting the time & money into it.... and after putting my heart into it for long enough, I can't do much more than say I'm not going to care as much if they lose. OTOH, I hear people say they're in a major funk for like 5 days after a loss.... usually, a good night's sleep does it for me.... minus the major losses.... Chiefs/Colts, Kansas/Syracuse, etc...... Not sure about this one... 1-4 is pretty hard to swallow :banghead:

Sure-Oz
Wow, still optimistic?
I am a fan, i have to be until we are mathematically eliminated.

siberian khatru
10-17-2004, 02:35 PM
BL, get married and have kids. That will change your perspective. :)

I used to kick laundry baskets across the room, and scream (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ) at the top of my lungs and bruise my hand hitting it against the wall -- 10 years ago. But now, I just kind of mope around for a few hours. I just don't -- or can't, because of other responsibilities -- let it dictate my life anymore.

Ultra Peanut
10-17-2004, 02:35 PM
I was a fan before Carlco, I'll be a fan after Carlco.You mean next year?

I hope.

VonneMarie
10-17-2004, 02:36 PM
At least the Wizards mad the playoffs. :sulk:

WilliamTheIrish
[Taco] It's the fans fault[Taco/]

Iowanian
If this season continues to go to the late summer Outhouse..............

I want a housecleaning.........carl, Dick........

Ultra Peanut
Like a proud papa, or an overly confident...something, I bet two friends at my school (Steelers fans) after the Chiefs 0-3 start that we'd still finish with a better record than the Squeelers. Guess I should have thought this through first.What's your punishment?

Ash
10-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Nope, never be done, but I am not going to spend the several thousand dollars I was planning on to fly out and catch the Xmas day game against the Raiders.

I'm going to DisneyLand.

:p

well hit them in the wallet is the only thing anybody understands in this country so heres to you :clap:

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 02:38 PM

I used to kick laundry baskets across the room, and scream (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ) at the top of my lungs and bruise my hand hitting it against the wall -- 10 years ago. But now, I just kind of mope around for a few hours. I just don't -- or can't, because of other responsibilities -- let it dictate my life anymore.
This game cost me the arm of my Laz-E-Boy. Punched it clean off. Well, now I can pull out my manly tools and try to rebuild.

Red and Gold Mania
10-17-2004, 02:39 PM
I have been reading this board since it was back on KCStar web site. I have enjoyed many insightful posters here, and although I rarely post, this place has become a part of the Sunday routine.

I will not sit through the game any more, listening it on the Internet and reading the board to see the reactons of other posters and judge the game by their emotions. No freaking way I go through another one like this, never felt more aggravated than today after the missed FG. No way one game is going to ruin my Sunday afternoon.

I will always be a chiefs fan deep inside the enemy territory (dolphins) but from now on I am reading about this shit in the Tuesday's paper.

Dartgod
10-17-2004, 02:39 PM
I've tried to have this attitude for years, after heartbreaking losses, but I can't... just too competitive, I guess.... and it has something to do with putting the time & money into it.... and after putting my heart into it for long enough, I can't do much more than say I'm not going to care as much if they lose. OTOH, I hear people say they're in a major funk for like 5 days after a loss.... usually, a good night's sleep does it for me.... minus the major losses.... Chiefs/Colts, Kansas/Syracuse, etc...... Not sure about this one... 1-4 is pretty hard to swallow :banghead:
Oh, believe me, the losses are still hard to take. But a few minutes after reality comes crashing down, I'm cool again. Before, when the Chiefs lost I couldn't watch football until the Chiefs played again. Plus I was a miserable son-of-a-bitch to be around. I might have even been inclined to make a post on an internet BB on how I was going to give up on my team forever.

siberian khatru
10-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Well, now I can pull out my manly tools

:eek:

Redcoats58
10-17-2004, 02:41 PM
I have been reading this board since it was back on KCStar web site. I have enjoyed many insightful posters here, and although I rarely post, this place has become a part of the Sunday routine.

I will not sit through the game any more, listening it on the Internet and reading the board to see the reactons of other posters and judge the game by their emotions. No freaking way I go through another one like this, never felt more aggravated than today after the missed FG. No way one game is going to ruin my Sunday afternoon.

I will always be a chiefs fan deep inside the enemy territory (dolphins) but from now on I am reading about this shit in the Tuesday's paper.
That's special. Go f#ck yourself!! :thumb:

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 02:42 PM
:eek:
Did I type manly? I meant 'Stanley.' ROFL ROFL :deevee:

Stryker
10-17-2004, 02:42 PM
You know, I'm so pissed that I want to set FIRE to EVERY Chiefs item I own but, that would be insane. I'll take the loss and realize WE ARE GOING TO GO 1 and 7.

This SEASON is over - I have to walk into a bar next Sunday w/ my Priest Holmes jersey on and get ridiculed vigorously while my brother (a die hard Steelers fan) relaxes. It is his B-DAY next week and he wants to go to a local sports bar to assist cheering for me during the Falcons game (he has a bye).

It sucks to be a Chiefs fan right now but, I am one. Here is to taking one for the team.

Sincerely,

Stryker - A dedicated Chiefs fan from out of town.

Dartgod
10-17-2004, 02:43 PM

Exactly what I'm talking about. I nearly lost our season tickets because I broke my seat kicking it after the Chiefs lost that game against the Raiders when Jon Baker kicked off out of bounds what, three times?

I decided at that point I was still going to be a loyal fan but would not let the losses get to me anymore.

VonneMarie
I just noticed we don't have any gimmee games. 1-15 anyone?

Boller really fuking sucked! :banghead:

OldTownChief
As a 35+ year Chiefs fan I can't say I'm done with them, I've seen worse. This season does have a stench to it I can't remember feeling before. Looking to next season this early sucks a$$. After next season we will be looking forward to a total rebuild from the GM all the way down.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Real Chief fans stick it out. We should be used to this crap. Think about it, every team around us chokes each year: Chiefs, Royals, Mizzou, KU, K State.

Iowanian
10-17-2004, 02:44 PM
I think I know what will save the day.

My Pride is hurt........I'm gonna go try to soak it insider.

VonneMarie
10-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Real Chief fans stick it out. We should be used to this crap. Think about it, every team around us chokes each year: Chiefs, Royals, Mizzou, KU, K State.
Not the Wizards. The Wizards are the only team around that actually wins shit, but they don't get no love.

BTW, the Outlaws are 2-0 this season. :harumph:

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 02:46 PM
As a 35+ year Chiefs fan I can't say I'm done with them, I've seen worse. This season does have a stench to it I can't remember feeling before. Looking to next season this early sucks a$$. After next season we will be looking forward to a total rebuild from the GM all the way down.
And the legacy of Priest Holmes will be nothing more than a guy who set records, despite the dumbasses surrounding him, who left in disgust without a chance to win a single important game. Why did we have to subject that guy to that?

Bearcat
10-17-2004, 02:47 PM

Oh, quit kidding yourselves.... you'll get over the loss in a few days, start thinking about the game against Atlanta, hear some stat about a team that was 1-4 that made it into the playoffs... get your hopes up just enough... you'll wake up next Sunday morning, flip to a pregame show or read the Sunday paper... a little bit of Chiefs talk will get you worked up enough that you'll end up watching, and putting the same emotion into it as you did today.

Then we'll have this same talk next week, when they g#*@#%d#@%#mn lose to the f@#%@#ck@#%#@ng Falcons :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Raiderhater
10-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Not the Wizards. The Wizards are the only team around that actually wins shit, but they don't get no love.

BTW, the Outlaws are 2-0 this season. :harumph:

Who in their right mind cares about soccer?

Redcoats58
10-17-2004, 02:48 PM
And the legacy of Priest Holmes will be nothing more than a guy who set records, despite the dumbasses surrounding him, who left in disgust without a chance to win a single important game. Why did we have to subject that guy to that?
I agree. Carl Peterson can go fist himself. As a matter of fact we should make a CP smiley of a guy fisting himself. It's fitting. Mods get it done :thumb:

VonneMarie
10-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Who in their right mind cares about soccer?
They're the only fuking team that wins around here. Whether you care about soccer or not. :rolleyes:

Phobia
10-17-2004, 02:49 PM
I think I know what will save the day.

My Pride is hurt........I'm gonna go try to soak it insider.

Heh heh - that's what I'm counting on to pull me out of the doldrums. I think it may take 2 or 3x, but that's what a good woman is for sometimes....

DenverChief
10-17-2004, 02:51 PM
there's always next year? ROFL

Raiderhater
10-17-2004, 02:52 PM
They're the only fuking team that wins around here. Whether you care about soccer or not. :rolleyes:

Well if I don't care for the sport their winning really doesn't do much for me, now does it?

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Well if I don't care for the sport their winning really doesn't do much for me, now does it?

I think Lamar is spending too much on those 2 stupid soccer teams and not enough on the Chiefs.

VonneMarie
10-17-2004, 02:55 PM
I think Lamar is spending too much on those 2 stupid soccer teams and not enough on the Chiefs.
Bingo. ROFL

Look, I don't care too much for soccer either, but, they're the only team in my area that's winning shit.

cookster50
I will always love my chiefs.....win or lose. I must say I am not impressed with the offensive play calling this year. Not at all! :shake:

Just think, that will be our head coach in 2 years. Can't wait for our dovetail to mediocrity. Sad thing is, I'll still be a fan and still have season tickets. Who are the real dummies? CP and DV and co, or us fans?

Redcoats58
It's funny you say that because I was just thinking the same thing. He's probably not really as interested in football anymore, maybe soccer is the sport he loves now. Who knows?

2bikemike
10-17-2004, 02:57 PM
I can't say I'll ever be through. The heart breaks just keep coming but I will remain true to my team. I may bitch and moan but I still love this team. Its actually kind of ironic because I became a Chiefs fan in 1971 and that season too ended in disappointment.

DJay23
10-17-2004, 02:58 PM
What's your punishment?
It's subtle but nonetheless humiliating. I have to buy each of them a 40 of their choice, and then in the window by the door of my classroom i must display from the end of the season until the end of school,

Pittsburgh Steelers: (Record)

Kansas City Chiefs: (Record)

Welcome to Steelers Country!

Believe me, with 7th graders who know my allegiances, it won't be easy, not that it's been easy since week 1.

Fairplay
10-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Don't give up yet, wait take a look at our schedule, ummm, well, nevermind. :shake:

Raiderhater
10-17-2004, 03:00 PM

I don't know about that, I just think Al Saunders sucks donkey dick. Better offensive play calling would completely change our record. Why in the hell did we not stick the game plan we had in Baltimore? We needed to run more, and use more play fakes.

If Al would run a balanced offense, and stick to our strengths, we have a completely different season. We keep our O on the field longer, we score more points, and as a result we help the defense out.

He runs the ball right up the gut two times in a row on our last posession in an attempt to run down the clock. I felt like I was watching Martyball. Note to Al, the best way to run down the clock is to get first downs.

Clearly, today was a team loss, but Saunders could have easily changed the dynamic of the game if he didn't have his head up his ass. I want him gone as OC, and I sure as hell do not want him as HC.

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 03:02 PM
I can't say I'll ever be through. The heart breaks just keep coming but I will remain true to my team. I may bitch and moan but I still love this team. Its actually kind of ironic because I became a Chiefs fan in 1971 and that season too ended in disappointment.
I'd say at this point, my love would be like the love I would continue to feel as a father, if my son grew up, got caught f@cking little boys, and was now serving time.

Fairplay
10-17-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't know about that, I just think Al Saunders sucks donkey dick. Better offensive play calling would completely change our record. Why in the hell did we not stick the game plan we had in Baltimore? We needed to run more, and use more play fakes.

If Al would run a balanced offense, and stick to our strengths, we have a completely different season. We keep our O on the field longer, we score more points, and as a result we help the defense out.

He runs the ball right up the gut two times in a row on our last posession in an attempt to run down the clock. I felt like I was watching Martyball. Note to Al, the best way to run down the clock is to get first downs.

Clearly, today was a team loss, but Saunders could have easily changed the dynamic of the game if he didn't have his head up his ass. I want him gone as OC, and I sure as hell do not want him as HC.

Completely agree with you raiderhader. I was wondering why we didn't stick with our game plan from two weeks ago.

Phobia
10-17-2004, 03:03 PM
I wonder how much Season tickets prices will increase next season. :rolleyes:

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Any chance what you remember as Martyball was actually Saunders-ball? Seems to me Marty b!tchslapped these mokes just last week.

Phobia
10-17-2004, 03:04 PM
I'd say at this point, my love would be like the love I would continue to feel as a father, if my son grew up, got caught f@cking little boys, and was now serving time.

You're ill. Go chug a twelver. You'll feel better and you won't be posting crazy shit.

CosmicPal
10-17-2004, 03:05 PM
I said the same thing a few weeks ago:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1953681#post1953681

It's painful, it's brutal, but true fans never die...

Raiderhater
10-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Any chance what you remember as Martyball was actually Saunders-ball? Seems to me Marty b!tchslapped these mokes just last week.

This was SOP under Marty - play not to lose. Marty has always been known for his conservative approach to offense.

What I remember is exactly what I saw today. I couldn't tell you how many times I saw us do it against Denver, as well as the rest of the league.

DJay23
10-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Soccer is like baseball to me. It's a fun game to watch in person, little league and high school level and such, but I could give a flying fuq about the pros.

Hey, the college BB season has officially started. At least us Jayhawk fans still have some hope of a championship between now and next September.

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 03:08 PM
You're ill. Go chug a twelver. You'll feel better and you won't be posting crazy shit.
I'm trying to remember the last time I've told someone I'm a Chiefs fan, without simultaneously shrugging my shoulders and giving that 'I know, I'm an idiot" look.

InChiefsHeaven
10-17-2004, 03:09 PM
I think the missed FG was huge. I mean, who knows what would have happened if we had to kick off rather than give it to them where we did?

Ultimately though, I'm a Chiefs fan for life. I just keep hoping somebody will wake me up from this crappy freakin' nightmare.

Not to mention, all the smug ass Donk fans I know, who are laughing with glee and predicting losses for us every week. And I always defend our boys, tell the reasons why we are going to win, and take a shite-load of lumps come Monday morning. Couple that with the (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing pats fans who just expect their team to win (and it turns out that they get their expectations fulfilled) and who predict wins every damn week and are right...

...(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ) it. It's just not fair, but I'm in for the long haul. Last year was our year. We're (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ed for this season. But no matter what, I will keep hoping, keep watching, and keep dying a little more every week.

...dammit. The (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )in' Donks just scored again. And me all out of beer...

Fairplay
10-17-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm trying to remember the last time I've told someone I'm a Chiefs fan, without simultaneously shrugging my shoulders and giving that 'I know, I'm an idiot" look.

I didn't give you that look. It was a "who cuts your hair" look.

Rain Man
10-17-2004, 03:11 PM

Wow. What are the odds that your first season as a Chiefs fan would have ended with a disappointing loss?

Dartgod
10-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Quit acting like a whiney little bitch. If a freaking game makes you so miserable, then you would be better off giving up.

DJay23
10-17-2004, 03:13 PM
I'll always be a Chiefs fan, and only a Chiefs fan. Now, we won 9 in a row last year, maybe they can do it again, who knows, but it's a probability of about 0.

I am in, "Yeah, I know they suck, Go Jayhawks!" mode now whenever snide assholes inform me that the Chiefs lost, like I took a trip to the moon on Sunday and couldn't get the scores.

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Quit acting like a whiney little bitch. If a freaking game makes you so miserable, then you would be better off giving up.
WTF is your problem? You gave you an extra helping of 'be a dick' juice. That's twice you've called me names, and I'm not even talking to you.

Christ.

Raiderhater
10-17-2004, 03:17 PM
WTF is your problem? You gave you an extra helping of 'be a dick' juice. That's twice you've called me names, and I'm not even talking to you.

Christ.

I think Bob is dealing with the loss in his own way. ;)

Redcoats58
I'll always be a Chiefs fan, and only a Chiefs fan. Now, we won 9 in a row last year, maybe they can do it again, who knows, but it's a probability of about 0.

I am in, "Yeah, I know they suck, Go Jayhawks!" mode now whenever snide assholes inform me that the Chiefs lost, like I took a trip to the moon on Sunday and couldn't get the scores.
Isn't that the truth. They either come at you with that or a.... What happened? As if they didn't see the game.

Dartgod

Christ.
Sorry. I didn't know your initial post was directed at anyone in particular. I'm just wondering why, if the Chiefs make you soooo miserable, you continue to be a fan?

And I'm just trying to slap you back to reality. Stop taking the losses so personal and it makes the game of football more enjoyable. I speak from experience.

Dartgod
10-17-2004, 03:22 PM
I think Bob is dealing with the loss in his own way. ;)
Maybe a little. But I loathe these types of threads. Gotta let the losses go easily if your gonna be a Chiefs fan...

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 03:23 PM
And I'm just trying to slap you back to reality.
Calling my a b!tch isn't gonna get a thank you. Now or later.

Stop taking the losses so personal and it makes the game of football more enjoyable. I speak from experience.
Yeah, that's why I get such a kick out of the Browns/Bengals game, or NCAA BB when it's Syracuse and Buttf@ck State.

DJay23
10-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Isn't that the truth. They either come at you with that or a.... What happened? As if they didn't see the game.
What's worse is I teach 7th graders and they come up to me with their Bronco or Packer, or Ravens jersey on (I live in Central PA), and with a huge smile say, "The Chiefs lost yesterday." It's so hard not to tell them "Fuq off, oh and by the way, you fail. Grow some pride and root for one of the teams that are actually in the state you're from."

And it happens all day.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2004, 03:24 PM
I became a Steelers fan about 10 minutes ago.I hate the Steelers. But I do like that Roethsburger...
:thumb:

Redcoats58
10-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Maybe a little. But I loathe these types of threads. Gotta let the losses go easily if your gonna be a Chiefs fan...
To each his own we all deal with it in our own strange ways. I like to beat up my neighbors and go to jail till next sunday only to return.

Dartgod
10-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Calling my a b!tch isn't gonna get a thank you. Now or later.
Eh, if you're going to let a little name calling get to you, then you had no stones to begin with.

Redcoats58
10-17-2004, 03:29 PM
What's worse is I teach 7th graders and they come up to me with their Bronco or Packer, or Ravens jersey on (I live in Central PA), and with a huge smile say, "The Chiefs lost yesterday." It's so hard not to tell them "Fuq off, oh and by the way, you fail. Grow some pride and root for one of the teams that are actually in the state you're from."

And it happens all day.
That's brutal. If it was my class, this year the kids would have the highest failure rate in school and little Timmy Thompson would get his a** beat when he got home for failing. :thumb:

DJay23
10-17-2004, 03:33 PM
That's brutal. If it was my class, this year the kids would have the highest failure rate in school and little Timmy Thompson would get his a** beat when he got home for failing. :thumb:
Last year of course was great. I was untouchable for 10 weeks and I made sure those kids knew it. Then we lose to Cincy and all of the sudden it's like every kid in school has to stop by the next morning and tell me. I would get a puzzled look on my face and say, "really I didn't even know they played, are you sure?" and that would confuse their pubescent little brains enough that the shit eating grin was wiped clean, and I got a little bit of amusement in the deal.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2004, 03:34 PM
But I loathe these types of threads. I agree, but for a different reason. It gives Donkey and Faider fans easy fodder...

Redcoats58
10-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Last year of course was great. I was untouchable for 10 weeks and I made sure those kids knew it. Then we lose to Cincy and all of the sudden it's like every kid in school has to stop by the next morning and tell me. I would get a puzzled look on my face and say, "really I didn't even know they played, are you sure?" and that would confuse their pubescent little brains enough that the shit eating grin was wiped clean, and I got a little bit of amusement in the deal.
Sweet :thumb:

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 03:36 PM
I agree, but for a different reason. It gives Donkey and Faider fans easy fodder...
You think they are thinking about us? They won't give us another thought until the week before they play us, and then their thoughts will be "thank you lord for the reprieve."
Any donk or faider fan who throw shit our way these days probably makes fun of the retarded kids at school, too.

Anyone see Taco around? No, because even he, in his ultimate evilness knows that gloating after this game would be like making fun of the pediatric burn ward

6 Iron
10-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Anyone see Taco around? No, because even he, in his ultimate evilness knows that gloating after this game would be like making fun of the pediatric burn ward

That may be the worst part. Quality smack is the life blood of the Planet.

Fairplay
10-17-2004, 03:45 PM

Im sure Taco's amusing himself enough seeing us implode. He will wait till tommorrow to ask us politely "What happened to the Chiefs?"

OldTownChief
10-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Wow. What are the odds that your first season as a Chiefs fan would have ended with a disappointing loss?

My 1st season ended with the double OT loss to Miami. I think it's still the longest game.

Raiderhater
10-17-2004, 04:05 PM

I was joking as much as I was being serious.

While I don't think I have ever posted a thread like this, I have certainly had thoughts like this after a lot of losses (not today though, surprisingly). They subside by the next game and I am raring to go once again. I don't see any reason to make a big deal about it (though I know your intentions were decent enough).

Raiderhater
10-17-2004, 04:07 PM
You think they are thinking about us? They won't give us another thought until the week before they play us, and then their thoughts will be "thank you lord for the reprieve."
Any donk or faider fan who throw shit our way these days probably makes fun of the retarded kids at school, too.

There is not a whole lot to say considering his team lost to the Fags as well (not that it would stop Taco).

Jenson71
10-17-2004, 04:09 PM
There is a certain madness in putting your heart and soul into something that you have absolutely no control over.

It's different from your school. You like Iowa State because you went there for four years. You follow Purdue because you got your degree there...

But why the Chiefs?

WilliamTheIrish
10-17-2004, 04:11 PM

And it happens all day.

You have more self control than I do.

I'd be painting "F" on on the li'l azzhats' foreheads. Or I'd plant drugs in their locker.

*Ok, I wouldn't. But tempting....

DJay23
10-17-2004, 04:13 PM
There is a certain madness in putting your heart and soul into something that you have absolutely no control over.

It's different from your school. You like Iowa State because you went there for four years. You follow Purdue because you got your degree there...

But why the Chiefs?
Because I grew up with the Chiefs. The Chiefs were on TV every Sunday. If not TV, the radio. The stores in Leavenworth sold Chiefs gear and that's it. THe paper did stories on the Chiefs. The TV news talked about the Chiefs. And my dad took me to games when I was a kid. I grew up in Leavenworth and I root for the teams/schools that were closest to me. It's loyalty, it's pride in my birthplace. I didn't go to school with the Chiefs, but I spent my first 27 years eating, sleeping, breathing, and living the Chiefs.

Jenson71
10-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Because I grew up with the Chiefs. The Chiefs were on TV every Sunday. If not TV, the radio. The stores in Leavenworth sold Chiefs gear and that's it. THe paper did stories on the Chiefs. The TV news talked about the Chiefs. And my dad took me to games when I was a kid. I grew up in Leavenworth and I root for the teams/schools that were closest to me. It's loyalty, it's pride in my birthplace. I didn't go to school with the Chiefs, but I spent my first 27 years eating, sleeping, breathing, and living the Chiefs.

Ah, the age old, root for the home team.

And that's a great answer. But there's so many Chiefs fans not in any way related to KC...

Fairplay
10-17-2004, 04:16 PM

And that's a great answer. But there's so many Chiefs fans not in any way related to KC...

You could say that about all pro teams Jenson.

DJay23
10-17-2004, 04:16 PM
You have more self control than I do.

I'd be painting "F" on on the li'l azzhats' foreheads. Or I'd plant drugs in their locker.

*Ok, I wouldn't. But tempting....
The absolute hardest part is that you can't get to them. If the team they're rooting for now sucks next year, they'll have on a jersey for whatever team is good next year.

Kids these days...

Oh, there were a few kids who jumped on the Chiefs bandwagon, then like Judas, turned on me after the Indy loss.

Over-Head
10-17-2004, 04:18 PM
I agree, but for a different reason. It gives Donkey and Faider fans easy fodder...

And what do ya expect me to do? Throw a can of shit at ya, then run fast enough to stand there behind ya when it lands? :rolleyes:
How the hell can we Raiderz talk shit when were down almost 20 points?

Jenson71
10-17-2004, 04:20 PM
You could say that about all pro teams Jenson.

I know. But the question is particularly interesting when the team you are talking about hasn't been on top in over 30 years.

Fairplay
10-17-2004, 04:22 PM
I know. But the question is particularly interesting when the team you are talking about hasn't been on top in over 30 years.

I know what you mean, but over the years i've run into all sorts of fans from different parts of the country. I would ask why are you a (insert pro team) fan? Usually it was like, because my ol man rooted for them, or i just liked them type of answers.

DJay23
10-17-2004, 04:23 PM

It's the best reason I can think of. Anyone who chooses their team otherwise is just a bandwagon rider. The only possible exception I can think of is, "my uncle played for this team or that, or I went to school there" like you said. And I don't buy, "Oh, I really liked Joe Montana and when he joined the Chiefs I started rooting for them." Bullshit. You rooted for the Chiefs because Joe Montana won super bowls and the Chiefs caught that buzz for a few years.

I swear, I have a friend who is a HUGE Florida State fan, but he's never so much as stepped foot in Florida, much less been on the campus or gone to a game. Another friend manages to be a Notre Dame, Dallas Cowboy fan. He is from central PA. At least he roots for the Phillies.

When I was in high school, I had a friend who was a 49er, White Sox, Orlando Magic, UNC Tarheel (bball) and Michigan (football) fan. I wanted to punch him in the face anytime one of his "teams" won anything.

It pisses me off, because many of these people don't put in the years of heartbreak and suffering that real hometown fans do. They make me sick and I wish ill upon them all.

Phobia
10-17-2004, 04:26 PM
When I was in high school, I had a friend who was a 49er, White Sox, Orlando Magic, UNC Tarheel (bball) and Michigan (football) fan. I wanted to punch him in the face anytime one of his "teams" won anything.

I'm sure his life is very fulfilling now. He probably bounces from McDonalds to Taco Bell to Wendys to Pizza Hut washing dishes.

DJay23
10-17-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm sure his life is very fulfilling now. He probably bounces from McDonalds to Taco Bell to Wendys to Pizza Hut washing dishes.
He ended up going to school at Pitt. He fell pretty heavy into the drugs from what I heard. You're probably right about his current job.

And I'm sure now he's the biggest Patriots fan ever.

Jenson71
10-17-2004, 04:34 PM
I know the exact day I became a Chiefs fan. My relatives (from KC) came up for the holidays, and the Chiefs were playing the Bills. We needed this win to get into the playoffs. I'm not sure what year it was. 95, 96 maybe?

I was excited for them. We were losing but I really wanted the Chiefs to win. My relatives were cheering for them, but I was the only one who thought we were going to win. We ended up losing though. For Christmas, my dad got me a Marcus Allen mounted card. And that's where it started.

I suppose most fans have stories like mine. We start with them while we're young, and it just grows.

DJay23
10-17-2004, 04:40 PM
I know the exact day I became a Chiefs fan. My relatives (from KC) came up for the holidays, and the Chiefs were playing the Bills. We needed this win to get into the playoffs. I'm not sure what year it was. 95, 96 maybe?

I was excited for them. We were losing but I really wanted the Chiefs to win. My relatives were cheering for them, but I was the only one who thought we were going to win. We ended up losing though. For Christmas, my dad got me a Marcus Allen mounted card. And that's where it started.

I suppose most fans have stories like mine. We start with them while we're young, and it just grows.
It was '96, Bono's last year. I remember not even caring because I was back in PA to visit my family for Christmas break at KU. That winter we got Elvis Grbac and Bret Perriman and all of our offensive problems were supposedly solved. Of course we went 13-3 in '97 only to lose the the Crisco laden Broncos and extremely well paid and highly prejudiced officials in the 2nd round. And that signaled the beginning of the end of Martyball.