PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone else uncomfortable with Al Saunders play calling today?

teedubya
10-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Man several times, I found myself asking wtf?

Seriously, Priest wasnt getting the ball at all early in the game. The plays were right to the strengths of the Jags D when we did run.

Jason Dunn was not utilized...

No Tony G in first half...

Then the 4th Quarter we get the ball back in there territory, and we have shit calling and getting to the line and snapping the ball way too quickly... Seriously...

Ok Tynes can eat a dick, but Al Saunders did not have a very strong day play calling today.

JMO

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2004, 03:25 PM
The entire first half; and the last drive....spefically. :cuss:

shaneo69
10-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Yeah, but the good news is that Saunders will be our head coach in two years.

FloridaMan88
10-17-2004, 03:28 PM
I didn't get the playcalling in the first half at all.

No Tony G, no Dunn, no Dante, no Chris Horn... how can you expect your offense to be successful if you don't utilize 3/4ths of your weapons???

Also I thought Saunders didn't adjust to the pressure Jacksonville was bringing on Green. Why not put Green back in the shotgun more, especially on first and second downs, because Green was most successful today out of the shotgun, finding open WRs downfield.

The_Grand_Illusion
10-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Man several times, I found myself asking wtf?

Seriously, Priest wasnt getting the ball at all early in the game. The plays were right to the strengths of the Jags D when we did run.

Jason Dunn was not utilized...

No Tony G in first half...

Then the 4th Quarter we get the ball back in there territory, and we have shit calling and getting to the line and snapping the ball way too quickly... Seriously...

Ok Tynes can eat a dick, but Al Saunders did not have a very strong day play calling today.

JMO

Exactly, I kept wondering why we kept running at their strengths when they had just lost two of their starting DE's

TGi

CosmicPal
10-17-2004, 03:31 PM
I wasn't uncomfortable with Saunders playcalling...nope.

I WAS PISSED WITH THE PLAYCALLING!

jspchief
10-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Al Saunders has done a sh*tful job of calling plays in every game this year except the Ravens game. I'm ready for a house cleaning from the top down. Fire the GM and head coach, and let the new head coach bring in his own coordinators. I'm sick of middle of the road bullsh*t where this team just gets me pumped enough to stomp on my heart the following year.

2bikemike
10-17-2004, 03:34 PM

There you go uncomfortable is a poor choice of words. I thought for sure we were going to put our O-line in there to lean on the defenders and wear there asses down the way we did Bmore. That is the type of physical play that IMHO would have won this game.

Coogs
10-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Yep!

teedubya
10-17-2004, 03:36 PM
i used the word uncomfortable instead of "fukcing pissed off" precisely... im trying not to be too angry. Its my kids 3rd birthday, you know.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2004, 03:38 PM
i used the word uncomfortable instead of "fukcing pissed off" precisely... im trying not to be too angry. Its my kids 3rd birthday, you know.WTF you doin' here....go paly with the kid. :thumb:

teedubya
10-17-2004, 03:39 PM
nap time. heh.

Monty
10-17-2004, 03:40 PM

Any self respecting fan should have been outraged with the mind f*** Saunders put on himself today. He should be gone. I'd get fired if I put up that kind of a performance in my job. These guys get paid big bucks to deliver..........so much for the rest of the season. I can't imagine what the players feel like..........

Monty
10-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Its my kids 3rd birthday, you know.

Go be with your kid, don't waste your time worrying about the Chiefs right now. God knows they've wasted enough of our time today. :cuss:

And for clarification, I'm speaking of Saunders and Vermeil, not the players themselves......save Tynes.