PDA

View Full Version : What pisses me off the most:

NewChief
10-17-2004, 04:50 PM
I've seen this happen time after time after time throughout Trent's career, but specifically since he's been in KC.

This game should have been the Chiefs'. We had it in the bag. Not only did we have it, but we won it in spectacular fashion. The winning play: a phenomenal, desperation shovel pass to Holmes who then goes in for the TD, leaving us to mop up. Yay! Chiefs win, and that play is the highlight of the week! We pulled it out and have national acclaim...right?

(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ) no. We end up losing the game and the "story" of the game becomes Byron Leftwich and his keen QB'ing skills. Lost in the shuffle are some great plays that will never even be recognized. No one will give this offense credit for them or the players that made them any credit for making them. Instead, the opposing offense gets the highlight reels because they can torch the hell out of McCleon, who has no business being on the field.

I saw this early in Trent's career, when he led the 'skins from behind to make a "last minute" comeback against the Cards. We were all so excited. What ends up happening? Jake the Snake leads the Cards back in the last 45 seconds, and they win the game.

Not sure what the point is, but it's just freaking painful to watch. It's like someone upstairs has it out for Trent, and it sucks.
:banghead:

Hammock Parties
10-17-2004, 04:52 PM
God will grant us justice.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2004, 04:57 PM
I knew the game was over when we missed the XP. I knew there was something powerful at work.

NewChief
10-17-2004, 04:58 PM
I knew the game was over when we missed the XP. I knew there was something powerful at work.

Yeah, I know it. I called my wife, who was at a baby shower for friends, and told her we'd missed the PAT. She (who is the most pessimistic of football fans) said, "Well, it's obvious we're going to lose, then."

I (who am the most optimistic of football fans) bitched at her and told her how she can't give up, and we're going to pull it out.

How foolish I am.

Hydrae
10-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I know it. I called my wife, who was at a baby shower for friends, and told her we'd missed the PAT. She (who is the most pessimistic of football fans) said, "Well, it's obvious we're going to lose, then."

I (who am the most optimistic of football fans) bitched at her and told her how she can't give up, and we're going to pull it out.

How foolish I am.

So you are saying this is all your wife's fault? :cuss:

Should have known. Damned women. ;)

Hammock Parties
10-17-2004, 05:04 PM

Yeah, when he shanked it I was like "OH SHIT."

NewChief
10-17-2004, 05:05 PM
So you are saying this is all your wife's fault? :cuss:

Should have known. Damned women. ;)

I'll just say this: My wife makes Logical look like an optimist. If the other team does anything positive on their first play, we've already lost the game in her book.

Bowser
10-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah, Trent is snakebit. During the game on Monday Night, they showed a graphic illustrating the most points per game by a QB in NFL history. It was a pretty illustrious list, with Trent being #7 or something. All the QB's shown had like a .650 winning percentage, except for Trent, who had a .500 winning percentage.

Give the man a hand, fer crissakes!!

Deberg_1990
10-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah, Trent is snakebit. During the game on Monday Night, they showed a graphic illustrating the most points per game by a QB in NFL history. It was a pretty illustrious list, with Trent being #7 or something. All the QB's shown had like a .650 winning percentage, except for Trent, who had a .500 winning percentage.

Give the man a hand, fer crissakes!!

Yea..i thought that was pretty interesting. Hes just never played on a Team with a good defense.

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah, when he shanked it I was like "OH SHIT."

Are you sure it wasn't more like "YEAH!!! GO!!! NO!! NO!!!!"

donkhater
10-17-2004, 05:09 PM
I think what pisses me off the most is that there are teams out there (Washington, Buffalo, Cleveland SF, Arizona, Oakland, etc) that have similar or better records than the Chiefs and aren't nearly as good IMHO. Yet KC will get lumped in with them.

But it's KC's fault. I feel they should have had the last three games in the bag. Instead they've gone 1-2.

teedubya
10-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Are you sure it wasn't more like "YEAH!!! GO!!! NO!! NO!!!!"

replying to your own posts again? How many aliases do you have on this board?

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2004, 05:11 PM
replying to your own posts again? How many aliases do you have on this board?

.... one?

NewChief
10-17-2004, 05:12 PM
I think what pisses me off the most is that there are teams out there (Washington, Buffalo, Cleveland SF, Arizona, Oakland, etc) that have similar or better records than the Chiefs and aren't nearly as good IMHO. Yet KC will get lumped in with them.

But it's KC's fault. I feel they should have had the last three games in the bag. Instead they've gone 1-2.

I agree, totally. I feel like a homer for feeling that way (maybe we really aren't that good), but I feel like this isn't a reflection of the ability of our team. I feel like we're freaking snakebit. Yes, I know you make your own luck, but we're better than our record...or maybe we're not?!

I don't know. I just know I'm dreading another Monday at work of having to either make excuses for the Chiefs or dismiss the Chiefs as "just not being that good this year."

Both choices suck.

Brock
10-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Vermeil was stupid to put the game in Tynes' hands.