PDA

View Full Version : It could be worse...

Crush
10-17-2004, 05:51 PM
...we could be Dolphin fans. 0-6 and still going strong.

teedubya
10-17-2004, 05:52 PM
well... that didnt help me much...

Rain Man
10-17-2004, 05:58 PM
It's always been worse to be a Dolphins fan than a Chiefs fan. Records don't matter.

morphius
10-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Isn't this like being hit in the sack with a crow bar or a piece of rebar, neither one is really going to make you feel good.

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh man... watching the Dolphags go 0-16 will be a great diversion from our miserable season.

Deberg_1990
10-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Or we could be Red Sox fans?? They are done.......

Baby Lee
10-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Oh, I'd much rather have the fate of a 'phish fan. They have a quality defense and a secure place to register their rage, Ricky Williams. I guess, I'd be hurting knowing they've given up their 2nd and 3rd for a backup QB and [barely] backup RB.

But with the Chiefs, I'm at a loss where to place blame. Nobody has CONSISTENTLY sucked or CONSISTENTLY played with pride [with the sole exception of Priest]. EVERY aspect of the team has, at some point, shown amazing brilliance and utter, mind-numbing, incompetence.

So you know they are capable of beating the world. And they are also capable of puking on their shoes. And you never know who is gonna show up, but you're pretty sure, whomever doesn't show up that day will make a key mistake that ends in a loss.

kc rush
10-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Dolphin fans went into the season knowing that their season was done, so they haven't had to suffer from the heartbreak of disappointment. Their season will mean high draft picks (those that they haven't traded away), and probably a new GM and coaching staff (who have a clue).

They have a solid defense to build on and Chambers and McMichael are good offensive players. If they concentrate their free agency and draft on O-Line, RB, and QB they should be respectable by next year.

Putting on my Vlad doom-and-gloom hat, the Chiefs will probably go 7-9 to 9-7 and out of the playoffs. Their record will keep them from getting an impact first round pick and whoever we pick will be a poor choice. We'll have the same coaching staff with loyalties to the same players no matter how bad they are. The team will be under the salary cap, but will be cash poor so they won't be able to go after any free agents. Bi-State II will fail (which I hope it does), but management will use that as an excuse to raise ticket prices by 15% again and parking to $25, because they won't be able to afford player salaries without gouging the fan.

I don't feel bad for any Dolphin fan because I feel like we've had it worse solely based on expectation.

Thank God for my 2 year old. He gave me a nice hug after the game which helped me feel better. I'm still peeved, but not off the handle like yesterday.

ptlyon
10-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Putting on my Vlad doom-and-gloom hat, the Chiefs will probably go 7-9 to 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

Doom-and-gloom hat? I think you have that mixed up with homer glasses as they will be 1-6 going into November.

kc rush
10-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Doom-and-gloom hat? I think you have that mixed up with homer glasses as they will be 1-6 going into November.

Very well could be. I was just thinking of what scenario would keep us out of the playoffs AND keep us from getting an impact draft pick.