PDA

View Full Version : A review of recent draft history. This is pathetic.

suds79
10-17-2004, 10:06 PM
If ever there was an eye-popping explanation for why were in the position we’re in, here it is. Thanks Carl.

Warning: This is very sad & depressing

Recent draft failures

2004: Irrelevant. Too early to tell. (Note: Drafted Siavii because of poor play from Sims)

2003: Still too early to tell but let’s examine.
1 – Larry Johnson – Bust
2 – Kawika Mitchell – Bust
3 – Julian Battle – Bust
4 – Brett Williams – Non Factor
5 – Jordan Black – Non Factor. Has had 1 good game.
6 – Jimmy Wilkerson – Non Factor. Sure did get a lot of hype. Can’t find the field.
7 – Willie Pile – Non Factor.

Summary – Not 1 significant player in that draft. Not 1. 3 straight busts.

2002:
1 – Ryan Sims – Bust. Dalton making him look bad.
2 – Eddie Freeman – Bust. A 2nd rounder off the team.
4 – Omar Easy – Bust. The worst FB I’ve ever seen.
5 – Scott Fujita – Good pick. Solid player.
7 – Maurice Rodriguez – Not on team.

Summary – A BIG disappointment and 1 solid player in that draft…. 1

2001:
3 – Eric Downing – Not on team. 3rd rounder already gone.
3 – Marvin Mennis – Not on team. Make that 2 3rd rounders already gone.
4 – Monty Beisel – Backup quality player. What you’d expect from a 4th.
4 – George Lane – Not on team. Carl was on fire wasn’t he?
5 – Billy Baber – Bust. Always was our 3rd stringer TE.
5 – Derrick Blaylock – Solid pick.
6 – Alex Slufsted – Not on team.
7 – Shaunard Harts – Backup player. No complaints for a 7th.
7 – Terdell Sands – Not on team.

Summary – 3 backup players and 5 guys who are no longer Chiefs.

Crush
10-17-2004, 10:25 PM
:deevee:

suds79
10-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Oh we’re not done yet.

2003:

27th pick – Larry Johnson.

How would of you liked to have

28 – Andre Wolfolk
34 – Boss Bailey
40 – E.J. Henderson
45 – Bethel Johnson

2002:

6th pick – Ryan Sims

How would of you liked to have

7 – Bryant McKinnie
8 – Roy Williams
9 – John Henderson
11 – Dwight Freeney
15 – Albert Heynesworth
20 – Javon Walker
24 – Ed Reed
26 – Lito Sheppard

I can go all day. You take off Ryan Sims and put any one of these guys on the team and we’re better.

David.
10-17-2004, 10:28 PM
what a GROUNDBREAKING discovery!

tk13
10-17-2004, 10:31 PM
2004: Irrelevant. Too early to tell. (Note: Drafted Siavii because of poor play from Sims)

While I'm not going to defend Sims, I've never understood this "Whitlockian" line of thinking. As we've seen today from Jacksonville, having two solid defensive tackles side by side is never a bad thing.... I always had the impression that Siavii was drafted to play with Sims, not in his place.

suds79
10-17-2004, 10:36 PM
While I'm not going to defend Sims, I've never understood this "Whitlockian" line of thinking. As we've seen today from Jacksonville, having two solid defensive tackles side by side is never a bad thing.... I always had the impression that Siavii was drafted to play with Sims, not in his place.

Good point.

But if Sims had been playing like a #6 pick should of been, IMO we would of gone in a different direction rather than by drafting another DT.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Roy Williams and Ed Reed would have been nice, but we already had Woods and Wesley at that time. Freeney wouldn't have been bad. Henderson didn't do anything today. So Sims doesnt look that bad of a pick. Sad thing is we gave up a 3rd round pick in that deal, which we could have used on a player.

suds79
10-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Roy Williams and Ed Reed would have been nice, but we already had Woods and Wesley at that time. Freeney wouldn't have been bad. Henderson didn't do anything today. So Sims doesnt look that bad of a pick. Sad thing is we gave up a 3rd round pick in that deal, which we could have used on a player.

IMO Woods & Wesley are very overrated. Where's the big hits? Where's some picks? That is what safties do isn't it? I'm not impressed those guys anymore. Wesley somewhere in his 2nd-3rd season lost his ability to lay the big hit IMO.

And if you go to NFL.com and look at the career stats between Henderson & Sims, it isn't even close.

John Henderson is a far better DT and his numbers show as much.

BigRedChief
10-18-2004, 06:38 AM
If ever there was an eye-popping explanation for why were in the position we’re in, here it is. Thanks Carl.

Warning: This is very sad & depressing

Recent draft failures

2003: Still too early to tell but let’s examine.
1 – Larry Johnson – Bust
2 – Kawika Mitchell – Bust
3 – Julian Battle – Bust
4 – Brett Williams – Non Factor
5 – Jordan Black – Non Factor. Has had 1 good game.
6 – Jimmy Wilkerson – Non Factor. Sure did get a lot of hype. Can’t find the field.
7 – Willie Pile – Non Factor.

Summary – Not 1 significant player in that draft. Not 1. 3 straight busts.

2002:
1 – Ryan Sims – Bust. Dalton making him look bad.
2 – Eddie Freeman – Bust. A 2nd rounder off the team.
4 – Omar Easy – Bust. The worst FB I’ve ever seen.
5 – Scott Fujita – Good pick. Solid player.
7 – Maurice Rodriguez – Not on team.

Summary – A BIG disappointment and 1 solid player in that draft…. 1

2001:
3 – Eric Downing – Not on team. 3rd rounder already gone.
3 – Marvin Mennis – Not on team. Make that 2 3rd rounders already gone.
4 – Monty Beisel – Backup quality player. What you’d expect from a 4th.
4 – George Lane – Not on team. Carl was on fire wasn’t he?
5 – Billy Baber – Bust. Always was our 3rd stringer TE.
5 – Derrick Blaylock – Solid pick.
6 – Alex Slufsted – Not on team.
7 – Shaunard Harts – Backup player. No complaints for a 7th.
7 – Terdell Sands – Not on team.

Summary – 3 backup players and 5 guys who are no longer Chiefs.

It is King Carls fault. Not all his fault but it starts at the top with the CEO/GM/President. What more evidence do you need. AliChiefs whens www.firecarlperterson.com (http://www.firecarlperterson.com) going live?

the Talking Can
10-18-2004, 06:45 AM
this is the draft equivelant of the Royals....pathetic, throwing darts at a draft board would have been better...I'm not kidding

ptlyon
10-18-2004, 07:17 AM
the way this season is going, you guys will get your top pick next year

BigRedChief
10-18-2004, 07:21 AM
the way this season is going, you guys will get your top pick next year

And then King Carl will blow another pick :banghead:

ptlyon
10-18-2004, 07:25 AM
And then King Carl will blow another pick :banghead:

Well at least there's a positive attitude

Ralphy Boy
10-18-2004, 07:50 AM
Well at least there's a positive attitude

Tank it! Run it into the ground! Don't win another game, we'd only be fooling ourselves by thinking we could fight back from this and win another game and all that would happen if we did somehow manage to fight back to respectable would be us losing our chance at a high impact draft player.

While were at it, we need to reload for the future now. Save cap space for next season and dump Roaf & Green, trade Holmes....the Larry Johnson & Andrew Walter movement begins now!

ptlyon
10-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Tank it! Run it into the ground! Don't win another game, we'd only be fooling ourselves by thinking we could fight back from this and win another game and all that would happen if we did somehow manage to fight back to respectable would be us losing our chance at a high impact draft player.

While were at it, we need to reload for the future now. Save cap space for next season and dump Roaf & Green, trade Holmes....the Larry Johnson & Andrew Walter movement begins now!

Sounds like somebody's been listening to Billy Joel's "I Go to Extremes" a bit lately...

BigChiefFan
10-18-2004, 08:27 AM
It's Carl's draft history. The guy superceeds his own coaches decisions and hasn't picked an impact QB, WR, Or HB in 16 years. The guy sucks or his talent evalauators suck, either way it's his responsibilty. We pay the 3rd highest ticket prices, but they are still unwilling to upgrade the talent. Screw you, Carl.

htismaqe
10-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Good point.

But if Sims had been playing like a #6 pick should of been, IMO we would of gone in a different direction rather than by drafting another DT.

Wrong.

If EDDIE FREEMAN was playing like he should of been, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Sims is surrounded by COMPLETE wastes of talent -- Eric Hicks, Vonnie Holliday, John Browning.

Look at Jacksonville's defense with just Marcus Stroud, then look at it with both Stroud and Henderson...

Lzen
10-18-2004, 10:12 AM
I agree that our drafts have not been very good. The evaluators or CP need to go. Or perhaps both. But I still have some reservations about who on defense is good and who is bad. For instance, comparing Sims to Henderson. I think Sims has had an unfair disadvantage with Knobinson as coach for 2 of his first 3 years. I'm not giving up hope on him yet. Same with Mitchell and some other guys. But we definitely need a better pass rusher (Holliday needs to be gone.....yesterday - Jared Allen perhaps) and a good cover corner opposite Eric Warfield.