PDA

View Full Version : Dante Hall Question

Donger
10-17-2004, 11:19 PM
I make no claim that I'm a football expert. In fact, you guys regularly stun me with your knowledge of the game.

But, I am wrong to wonder if Dante trys far too hard to make EVERY time he touches the ball a "big play?"

I was lucky enough to watch today's game on TV, and it seemed that every time he touched the ball, he seemed to hesitate, looking for the big hole instead of running up the damn field.

Am I right or should I just retire back to the DC Forum?

David.
10-17-2004, 11:27 PM
yes and no

Donger
10-18-2004, 12:24 AM
yes and no

Pardon me?

David.
10-18-2004, 12:27 AM
EXACTLY

Logical
10-18-2004, 12:29 AM
I think this year he has not been as run and react as in the past. So in a sense I think you are correct.

tk13
10-18-2004, 12:32 AM
It always seems like, at least to me, that's there are always far more opposing players swarming around the ball when Dante catches and starts his return... at least more than last year. I have no idea if opponents are playing him better or if our blocking just sucks though....

Donger
10-18-2004, 12:34 AM
Again, kind of a "Beer Me Opinion With Regards to Politics" opinion.

I actually got to watch the game today, and every time he got the ball he seemed to hesitate substantially before going down field, looking for the big play instead of getting his friggin legs moving.

stevieray
10-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Boreighter and Beisel gone, Harts, Easy, Bartee and Quaver have been hurt.

That's seven of 11(including Dante)

go bo
10-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Again, kind of a "Beer Me Opinion With Regards to Politics" opinion.

I actually got to watch the game today, and every time he got the ball he seemed to hesitate substantially before going down field, looking for the big play instead of getting his friggin legs moving.that's the way it looked to me, too...

but i agree with tk that it seems like there are a lot more players from the other team really quite close to dante when he first gets the ball...

the blocking on punts does suck...

well the blocking on kick-offs pretty much sucks too... :( :( :(

go bo
10-18-2004, 12:45 AM
Boreighter and Beisel gone, Harts, Easy, Bartee and Quaver have been hurt.

That's seven of 11(including Dante)hadn't looked at it that way, but you're absolutely right...

so maybe the coverage teams will get better as the injured players heal up...

that's something to look forward to...

:deevee: