PDA

View Full Version : All I Want to Know….

CosmicPal
10-18-2004, 08:02 AM
Is all through the off-season, the mini-camps, training camp, and the preseason- our offense looked to be even better, more efficient, and all I ever heard was how Priest was going to break the season rushing record; and how Trent Green was throwing the ball with pin-point accuracy.

All I heard was how Kris Wilson was going to make this offense even more dangerous, how Richard Smith was an absolute steal, how Sammie Parker was going to stretch the defenses.

All I heard was how Welbourne’s strength was his run blocking and his tenacity.

All I heard was how all we needed was a top 15 defense and we’ll go even further in the post-season.

Well, we got the top 15 defense.

Where’s this magical offense? This offense that was supposed to be improved? Where’s the offense that is supposed to put the fear into every working defensive coordinator and give linebackers sleepless nights?

Trent isn’t and hasn’t played well. The line isn’t blocking. Richard Smith went back to work at the Dairy Queen. Kris Wilson is limping. Sammie “Where Are You?” Parker is somewhere in a KC uniform. Welbourne couldn’t block a city bus from turning the corner.

All these misdirection plays and players shifting in the offense were supposed to drive defenses batty. It’s not working.

Al, if you’re reading this: Stop with the egoism. We do not have the caliber of WR’s in this league to run the same offense you did in St. Louis. You have to run the football. Particularly if you have one of the best, if not the hardest working back in football. This is about as clear as it can get. This is the fourth time this season you’ve thrown the ball more than you have run, and each time we’ve lost.

I am so pissed at you right now I just don’t know what to do. I’d love for you to read this and understand precisely how disappointed I am with your playcalling. You may be a master at developing creative plays, but you suck at choosing the right plays during the course of the game.

And Carl- You are the most egotistical SOB in football. Relinquish your duties now. Get out of KC. I don’t want to see your sorry ass making any more lame ass decisions during the off-season.

And Dick- please, give it up. You’re not what you used to be. You’ve made some poor game decisions as well during the course of this season. We can’t take this heartache anymore. You’re not the only one crying in KC these days.

ROYC75
10-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Don't hold back, you left something out of that speach !

CosmicPal
10-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Don't hold back, you left something out of that speach !

What's that?

How stupid it was to replace Morton with Tynes?

Boyceofsummer
10-18-2004, 08:18 AM
bitter about it.

Chris Meck
10-18-2004, 08:38 AM
To say that Green isn't getting it done in the same paragraph that you complain that no one is blocking and the WR's are awful and Wilson has not played is dumb. Green was fantastic yesterday.

NewChief
10-18-2004, 09:06 AM
To say that Green isn't getting it done in the same paragraph that you complain that no one is blocking and the WR's are awful and Wilson has not played is dumb. Green was fantastic yesterday.

My thoughts exactly. Trent had one of the best games of his career. That he went for over 300 yards, and had a passer rating over 100, all while taking that many sacks, it awesome. Throw in the scrambling, heads-up decision making, and general toughness, and it's even more awesome. Too bad we lost.

Oh, I will say this: I saw another ball come out of his hand wonky yesterday. It was on the play that the Jags got called for a head-to-head hit on him, so it didn't matter. But the ball definitely came out weird again. Not sure what the culprit is.

Swanman
10-18-2004, 09:49 AM
I think I would be a great QB if I was throwing to McBurntee's side of the field every play during practice.

I stopped listening to all of the feel-good crap coming out of Chiefs training camp because it did nothing but get my hopes high and then dashed. I'd rather stick with reality and not be so disappointed.

Rick
10-18-2004, 12:03 PM
You heard all those stories in pre-season because they were working against our own defense. Too much dumb ass love from Vermeil for unproven players.

Straight, No Chaser
10-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Dude, I know you are hurting now but these open letters to Lamar (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101501) and Carl have got to stop. Why? Because after the Chief's next win you'll want to take them back, for at least a week.
...I am so pissed at you right now I just don’t know what to do.

Put on "American Beauty" or "Dylan and the Dead" and you'll feel way better. Peace.

--->

Brock
10-18-2004, 12:18 PM
You have to be a real dummy to complain about the way Trent Green has played. As in "know NOTHING about football".

NewChief
10-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Dude, I know you are hurting now but these open letters to Lamar (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101501) and Carl have got to stop. Why? Because after the Chief's next win you'll want to take them back, for at least a week.

Put on "American Beauty" or "Dylan and the Dead" and you'll feel way better. Peace.

--->

Dylan and the Dead isn't going to make him feel any better. ROFL

I'd suggest a nice show from '74.