PDA

View Full Version : Can we bounce back next season?

Red Dawg
10-18-2004, 09:59 AM
I think we can but it will not be easy with some of our current players. Dexter must be released, obviously, and upgraded. We need our young speedy WR's on the field as well. I would keep Bo. I'll give Mort and Kennison till the end of the year to prove me wrong. But I would definitely drop one for a top notch FA. More O-line depth is needed and if we could get a solid MLB it would help.

Rain Man
10-18-2004, 10:01 AM
I still think we'll win the Super Bowl this season.

redbrian
10-18-2004, 10:02 AM
Yes, and I agree with Rain-man, we could still bounce back this year.

Bearcat2005
10-18-2004, 10:03 AM
It is going to be hard, I believe it is more mental errors, than natural talent. We need to get that winning attitude back!

jiveturkey
10-18-2004, 10:04 AM
We'll come on strong at the end of this year and have a 3rd or 4th place schedule for next year.

BigRedChief
10-18-2004, 10:05 AM
If Priest retires fuuhhhgeetttabbbout it. Roaf, Shields and maybe Tony Richardson would follow him out the door.

BigRedChief
10-18-2004, 10:06 AM
We'll come on strong at the end of this year and have a 3rd or 4th place schedule for next year.

3rd, 4th place schedules? That system was retired last year.

Ghostof
10-18-2004, 10:08 AM
If Priest retires fuuhhhgeetttabbbout it. Roaf, Shields and maybe Tony Richardson would follow him out the door.

Thats ok, I mean, we'll still keep our defense intact, and maybe with a good draft pick we can pick up another fullback. Oh and also, we could try to draft a good water boy too. What with our hard working defense, they need all the gatorade and water they can handle.

ROYC75
10-18-2004, 10:10 AM
3rd, 4th place schedules? That system was retired last year.

Bingo ! It would only help us with 2 games at best, that's playing the 3rd or 4th place team out of the division.

The NFL scheduling format has changed for those on here that don't know it !

Rick
10-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Much depends on coaching and front office- that's the biggest reason for this years demise. We will win just enough games to end up with the 20th pick overall or so.

svuba
10-18-2004, 11:02 AM
"But I would definitely drop one for a top notch FA"

top notch FA - - - right
pass the bong this way please

Raiderhater
10-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Can we bounce back next season?

I'm more concerned with bouncing back next week.

Crush
10-18-2004, 11:08 AM
I thought all the schedules, up to the 2009 season, were already made out.

http://www.chiefswarpath.com/resources/futureopp.htm

kc rush
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
It is going to be hard, I believe it is more mental errors, than natural talent. We need to get that winning attitude back!

I think a lot of it has to do with heart. It seems like we have a few who are willing to do whatever it takes to win, just not enough of them.

Trent, Priest, TG, Shields, and Richardson seem to be the only ones out there who consistently show heart.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2004, 11:12 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with heart. It seems like we have a few who are willing to do whatever it takes to win, just not enough of them.

Trent, Priest, TG, Shields, and Richardson seem to be the only ones out there who consistently show heart.

Yea...I think this team is a little soft at times.....Whitlock alluded to this around the time of the Pro Bowl stuff.......I think this a reflection of Vermeil and his "profile" ON the flip side..look what we had before he arrived...at least Vermeil got rid of the malcontents and dead weight...

ROYC75
10-18-2004, 11:16 AM
From 4 - 12 .....it shouldn't be to hard of task.

1-15 would be alot easier to do !

HolmeZz
10-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Bingo ! It would only help us with 2 games at best, that's playing the 3rd or 4th place team out of the division.

The NFL scheduling format has changed for those on here that don't know it !

There's still a difference between playing the Patriots and playing the Dolphins.

go bo
10-18-2004, 11:19 AM
From 4 - 12 .....it shouldn't be to hard of task.

1-15 would be alot easier to do !nah, they'll never let us have that bad of a record...

because then we might end up drafting someone real high...

just to watch them become another bust...

Chiefnj
10-18-2004, 11:19 AM
It is going to be an interesting offseason. One of the other Chiefs boards had a list of base salaries for a bunch of the current starters. There is going to have to be some MAJOR contract restructuring if they hope to sign any free agents this offseason.

Chiefnj
10-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Base Salaries for 2005

Roaf: 3.0 million
Shields: 4.3 million
Richardson: 1.25 million
Green: 4.7 million
Gonzalez: 3.0 million
Kennison: 1.6 million
Morton: 3.0 million
Holmes: 2.4 million

Barber: 2.2 million
Holliday: 2.2 million
Dex: 1.5 million
Warfield: 3.3 million* (probably will be reduced if he misses 4 games).

Garcia Bronco
10-18-2004, 11:32 AM
I think we can but it will not be easy with some of our current players. Dexter must be released, obviously, and upgraded. We need our young speedy WR's on the field as well. I would keep Bo. I'll give Mort and Kennison till the end of the year to prove me wrong. But I would definitely drop one for a top notch FA. More O-line depth is needed and if we could get a solid MLB it would help.

I don't think so...with a lack of revenue..you guys need a new stadium or some serious work done to Arrowhead to get more cash flow.. or you'll be hard pressed to get any good FA's...but you should get an impact player in the draft with a top 5/10 selection. Anything is possible.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-18-2004, 11:37 AM
"you guys need a new stadium or some serious work done to Arrowhead"

Huh? did i miss something on my last trip to Arrowhead?

Garcia Bronco
10-18-2004, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan]"you guys need a new stadium or some serious work done to Arrowhead"

Basically Hunt needs to add more high dollar seats...or get a new stadium to increase revenue. That's why you have 6 million sitting on the books...hunt can't spend what he doesn't have. I bet the Chiefs have already cooked up a plan to get a new stadium.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-18-2004, 11:53 AM
they probably do have a plan cooked up for a new stadium. i wonder why they are asking for the tax for the renovations to kaufman and arrowhead. why not just go ahead and ask for a new stadium?

Lzen
10-18-2004, 12:26 PM
The scheduling works like this:

You play each team in your division twice(home and away) - 6 games
You play each team in another division of the same conference (rotates yearly) - 4 games
You play each team in one division of the other conference - 4 games
You play one team from each of the remaining divisions in your conference. The team you play depends on where you finished the previous year. i.e. 1st place plays 1st place, 2nd place plays 2nd place, etc. - 2 games

cash1000
10-18-2004, 12:38 PM
It been said over and over again every NFL sees a profit before a game is even played even if not one season ticket is sold because of the out of this world tv contract they have(as i understand it takes a complete idiot to screw it up). The whole issue is how big a PROFIT the owner wants to make.

Stinger
10-18-2004, 12:43 PM

What, we can get over that all Carl has to do is get a new offensive line and running back coach :rolleyes: