PDA

View Full Version : Don't feel too bad fella's, Denver, Oakland and SD will

Red Dawg
10-18-2004, 12:13 PM
not win the bowl either and really that's all that matters. Denver more than the others because anything less than a SB birth will be considered a failure. We are probably the leagues biggest disappointment but Denver's big ego will get crushed again in the playoffs by either the Colts again or the Pats.

Gaz
10-18-2004, 12:19 PM
You know, that doesn’t really make me feel better.

Thanks for trying, though.

xoxo~
Gaz
Mired pretty deeply in the Bog of Despair and Crushed Expectations.

Straight, No Chaser
10-18-2004, 12:25 PM
We are probably the leagues biggest disappointment but Denver's big ego will get crushed again in the playoffs by either the Colts again or the Pats.

That's truly a small consolation prize. However, as Bumco fans' mojo grew even larger again yesterday, it will feel good to see them get crushed again.

--->

cash1000
10-18-2004, 12:26 PM
The thing is Daddy T all these teams SD,OAK AND DENVER have been in the Superbowl the last 10 years!!!!!!! DURING THE TENURE OF CARL PETERSEN WHO GUARANTEED THE CHIEFS WERE GOING! The Chiefs havent been in 34 years that whats got Chiefs upset!

SoCalBronco
10-18-2004, 12:28 PM
If Denver wins the division as they very likely will, they will not lose at home to a wildcard team (except for maybe baltimore) so i for one will be happy with a playoff win and a division title. Losing in the AFC title game would not be a failure, for me at least.

Garcia Bronco
10-18-2004, 12:28 PM
We can beat the Pats and the Colts on any Sunday. Show respect.

TNTEICHER
10-18-2004, 12:41 PM

Obviously you haven't seen those two teams play this year. I have seen every Bronco game and am not impressed despite their record. Indy and the Pats don't squeek by in every game they play.

Garcia Bronco
10-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Obviously you haven't seen those two teams play this year. I have seen every Bronco game and am not impressed despite their record. Indy and the Pats don't squeek by in every game they play.

We'd smack them around...I'm not saying they'd be blow-out wins or easy victories...but the Broncos can beat them. Especially if they have to come to Mile High.

Garcia Bronco
10-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Bottom line...I'd take good defense over good offense any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

cash1000
10-18-2004, 01:07 PM
HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Broncs aint going nowhere withn that neurotic at Quarterback. You must be kidding Plummer couldn't make it through the play-offs with out nuttin' up big time, otherwise you'd have a chance. Have the Broncos beat a team with a winning record yet? Even if you have ain't no way you can beat the PATRIOTS!!! Look for another Colts vs Patriots AFC Championship game.

Garcia Bronco
10-18-2004, 01:14 PM
We can beat the Pats dude...trust me...we would have beat them last year had Portis not been injured. All we had to do was run out the clock. And we rolled into Indy last year and stomped them. So yeah...I think we can beat these teams...as far as Plummer is concerned.....you best stand up and recognize that the guy is putting it together and becoming a better QB every snap of every week. I think when it's all said and done the Bronco are going to have had one heck of a season. Still a bunch of football to be played though....gotta stay healthy to compete.

easymobee
10-18-2004, 01:22 PM
Whatever helps you get through the night.

All i saw was Denver go on the road yesterday and absolutely kill the Raiders.

Denver had the #1 Defense as of yesterday and i'm sure they still do as they gave up 145 Total yards, 31 rushing yards, and 3 points.

On top of that the Offense picked up 444 yards .. including 254 rushing yards.

All you have to do to win it all is to be in the mix (playoffs) and its starting to look like we're gonna be there as AFC West divison champs (unless the Chargers get hot).

The argument that the "Broncos will be crushed because they think anything less than a SB Berth is a failure" is made to sound like a negative thing, but i love being a Bronco fan and have an owner that makes that the yearly goal.

King_Chief_Fan
10-18-2004, 01:28 PM
It is hard for me to understand cutting down a team with a 5-1 record when we have a team with a 1-4 record. I hate the Donkeys too, but they have not given us any smack material yet.

It don't matter how they win........winning is winning

easymobee
10-18-2004, 01:35 PM

Don't worry Bronco fans ...

TNTEICHER's level of being impressed is only the 5th tiebreaker for Home Field Advantage.

Crush
10-18-2004, 02:04 PM
If the Broncos meet the Colts in the playoffs, then Manning will make Larry Coyer his biatch again. I guarantee it.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2004, 02:33 PM

Denver hasn't squeaked by every game...

Denver beat KC by 10, SD by 10 and Oak by 28.

They beat Tampa by 3 and Carolina by 3, and they narrowly lost by 1 to the Jags.

So - 5 wins and 2 were less than 10 points. Big deal, those games happen and there's no "margin of victory" column in the NFL. There is win and loss, doesn't matter if it's a 3 point win over Tampa, a 10 point win over KC or a 28 point win over the Raiders. Those 3 wins count the same.

Plus, it's early in the season and Denver has been adjusting to new players and the lack of a proven ground game. Those things happen.

KC has lost by 10, 11, 3 and 6. Had KC won those games that they lost by 3 and 6, you guys would be 3-2 and signing a totally different tune. So, deal with it.

I have seen Indy and the Pats play. Is Denver offensively on their levels? Maybe not. Defensively is where it counts. Denver looks really good defensively against the run and the pass, while Indy and New England are not that good right now from a yards per game stand point. The can and have been beat by solid ground and passing attacks.

The Pats are damn tough, but 3 wins were against the Cards, Bills and Dolphins ... nothing too terribly grand about those 3 teams combining for 2 wins and 14 losses.

And, the Pats "squeaked" by the Colts by 3 points.

The Pats and Colts are the teams to beat in the AFC right now.

Denver played well against both of those teams in the regular season in 2003. It's a brand new year and by the time Denver meets the Colts in the final week, who knows how differently the two will be playing.

I think Denver has a lot of improvement to do on offense, but they are making strides. Defensively, the Broncos are getting it done and allowing the team to make up for any shortcomings on offense. That's all I expected through the first month of the season. Now, the offense has to continue stepping up.

It's not 2003... KC fans know that quite well now. You've seen how far your team has fallen, so is it really that hard to imagine that Denver (defensively) could improve well enough to right the wrongs of their playoff loss to the Colts? I don't think so.

I'm not proclaiming greatness... they will fall at some point and lose a game they should have won. It happens.

Valiant
10-18-2004, 03:07 PM

Just like you said of us last year...You guys are a paper team...

When it comes down to facing a good team, the bronco's will fail...

You beat the 1-4 chiefs..(you won by 10, and priest made you run D, suspect for the year)
loss to jacksonville 4-2..(lost a close game)
squeaked out SD at home.. 3-3(ugly game anybody could have won)
barely beat TB...1-4(bottom five team in nfl)
barely beat Carolina at home 1-4..(anohter shitty team)
you stomped the shit out of oakland..2-4(another bottom five team)

You have faced four teams that are in the bottom eight in the league and barely won two of them... And you think you have a chance in playoffs???? Your wins came agianst teams with a combine record of
8-19 and your one loss was agianst a 4-2 team...

The one good team you faced with a defense beat you... If you manage to win the conf. title and go to the playoffs you will still be one and done, and you know it... You can try and convince yourself all you want... Deep down you know the donks are not as good as they have been playing....

taco/kerry spin this

Valiant
10-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Denver hasn't squeaked by every game...

Denver beat KC by 10, SD by 10 and Oak by 28.

They beat Tampa by 3 and Carolina by 3, and they narrowly lost by 1 to the Jags.

So - 5 wins and 2 were less than 10 points. Big deal, those games happen and there's no "margin of victory" column in the NFL. There is win and loss, doesn't matter if it's a 3 point win over Tampa, a 10 point win over KC or a 28 point win over the Raiders. Those 3 wins count the same.

Plus, it's early in the season and Denver has been adjusting to new players and the lack of a proven ground game. Those things happen.

KC has lost by 10, 11, 3 and 6. Had KC won those games that they lost by 3 and 6, you guys would be 3-2 and signing a totally different tune. So, deal with it.

I have seen Indy and the Pats play. Is Denver offensively on their levels? Maybe not. Defensively is where it counts. Denver looks really good defensively against the run and the pass, while Indy and New England are not that good right now from a yards per game stand point. The can and have been beat by solid ground and passing attacks.

The Pats are damn tough, but 3 wins were against the Cards, Bills and Dolphins ... nothing too terribly grand about those 3 teams combining for 2 wins and 14 losses.

And, the Pats "squeaked" by the Colts by 3 points.

The Pats and Colts are the teams to beat in the AFC right now.

Denver played well against both of those teams in the regular season in 2003. It's a brand new year and by the time Denver meets the Colts in the final week, who knows how differently the two will be playing.

I think Denver has a lot of improvement to do on offense, but they are making strides. Defensively, the Broncos are getting it done and allowing the team to make up for any shortcomings on offense. That's all I expected through the first month of the season. Now, the offense has to continue stepping up.

It's not 2003... KC fans know that quite well now. You've seen how far your team has fallen, so is it really that hard to imagine that Denver (defensively) could improve well enough to right the wrongs of their playoff loss to the Colts? I don't think so.

I'm not proclaiming greatness... they will fall at some point and lose a game they should have won. It happens.

You still are a paper tiger... and you forget it was 27-24 with a few minutes left in the opener...besides Oakland you have squeeked by in the W's... A win is a win, but you still are a weak team agianst quality opponents...

Mile High Mania
10-18-2004, 03:21 PM
You still are a paper tiger... and you forget it was 27-24 with a few minutes left in the opener...besides Oakland you have squeeked by in the W's... A win is a win, but you still are a weak team agianst quality oppenents...

The Jags game was the freaking 2nd game of the season. Good lord. Denver can't do anything about the strength of schedule - the only thing they can do is beat the teams they face, and so far they've done it 5 times.

Yes, they lost a tough one by 1 point on the road in week 2. Paper tiger? Who knows... right now they are 5-1 and that's all that matters.

They have 3 games before the bye (Bengals, Falcons, Texans) and they should go 2-1. Then, their first 4 games after the bye are (Saints, Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins) and worst case scenario, they should go 2-2. If this happens, they're at 9 wins heading into the final 3 vs KC, TN and Indy.

I look at the next 7 games and wonder if you think it's vanilla or if they beat 5 of those 7, are they still a paper tiger? And, are you basing all of this on points scored? If so, that's a bit crazy - the strength of the team is defense and we've expected it to be so since the losses of Ed, Sharpe and Portis.

I'm not asking anyone to think of Denver as a powerhouse, I don't think they're at that point yet ... but, the team is improving.

Valiant
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
The Jags game was the freaking 2nd game of the season. Good lord. Denver can't do anything about the strength of schedule - the only thing they can do is beat the teams they face, and so far they've done it 5 times.

Yes, they lost a tough one by 1 point on the road in week 2. Paper tiger? Who knows... right now they are 5-1 and that's all that matters.

They have 3 games before the bye (Bengals, Falcons, Texans) and they should go 2-1. Then, their first 4 games after the bye are (Saints, Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins) and worst case scenario, they should go 2-2. If this happens, they're at 9 wins heading into the final 3 vs KC, TN and Indy.

I look at the next 7 games and wonder if you think it's vanilla or if they beat 5 of those 7, are they still a paper tiger? And, are you basing all of this on points scored? If so, that's a bit crazy - the strength of the team is defense and we've expected it to be so since the losses of Ed, Sharpe and Portis.

I'm not asking anyone to think of Denver as a powerhouse, I don't think they're at that point yet ... but, the team is improving.

Dammit quit being nice and reasonable.... Be a huge ignorant homer like taco and the majority of the mane...

But the fact is, You guys lost to the only team with a winning record... It might have been week two, but does that nullify week 1's game... No.
We will see how good of a team Denver is when they play and lose to teams that are well-balanced and have defenses.... Like you said you beat the teams you played, and have not beaten the ones with winning records...

easymobee
10-18-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm sure Chief fans would gladly take 3 or 4 one point wins right about now .... this thread is ridiculous.

The Broncos 5 wins have been by a combined 54 points.

The Broncos 1 loss was by 1 point.

The Broncos haven't beat a good team?

Up until the 1st game KC was going to be a great team on this board.

Jax is 4-2 and on KC boards worldwide we were clowned on for losing to them by 1 point .... KC did us 5 better.

Carolina has a horrible record now, but they are the NFC Champs. In fact, i don't remember too many here calling them a "horrible" team after they came out of KC with a win.

SD ( I know noone respects them here ) but they are the only other team in the AFC West besides Denver that can realisticly think about the playoffs right now.

When people put out the total records of all the teams we've beaten they forget to factor in that 5 of the losses on that cumilitave record are losses to Denver.

easymobee
10-18-2004, 03:35 PM
You still are a paper tiger... and you forget it was 27-24 with a few minutes left in the opener...besides Oakland you have squeeked by in the W's... A win is a win, but you still are a weak team agianst quality opponents...

Oh geez i never looked at it like that before. I can't believe we were able to accept the week 1 win with a clear conscious. If they called all games off with a "few minutes left" then i imagine you guys would have won yesterday? And "Only" lost to us by 3 ( another non-win for us ).

I've never been this down before about a 5-1 Denver team.

I think we should just forfeit all of our previous wins.

Everyone knows that wins only count if they are pretty.

Brock
10-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Is this post supposed to make me feel better about KC being in last place?

BroncoFox
10-18-2004, 03:43 PM
"Dammit quit being nice and reasonable.... Be a huge ignorant homer like taco and the majority of the mane..."

Plenty of Bronco fans have questioned many parts of our team. We want it to improve. Yesterday, we finally had a complete game. You can't fault anything the Broncos did against Oakland.

Jax.. much improved. We had them beat though, thank you very much. Not for a Q fumble, we are unbeaten.

Pats most certainly *have* been squeeking by, I dunno where you get that idea.

Comparing teams.. if you look at things like PF and against, and so on, Denver is right there.

I've been harping on a few things myself, most importantly, Denver's inability to get turnovers.

If Denver continues to get + turnovers, they will continue to not just win, but dominate. That is the biggest issue on the team imo. If Jake holds down bonehead plays.. we are fine. Our running game is a powerhouse again (we lead the league in rushing). Our D is #1. Nope.. we've not played an offensive juggernaut yetly, and I'd like to see what we can do. I *am* worried about getting burned still on big plays.

Even giving up some big pass plays tho, we come back solid. My biggest worries really are Pats and Colts, not because of one receiver, but because they have so *many* targets.

If we can't apply more pressure to the QB, we are in trouble I think. Manning and Brady will find someone open, given the time.

But.. I think we'll be fine. Because our lead guy Pryce is out. He will be back well before playoffs, or our final game against the Colts.

Pryce is someone that must be double teamed. You double him.. well, with DJ, we are going to really start causing some trouble. I see us pressuring Manning and Brady both. And neither one of those guys is what I would call a scrambling genius. They are both pocket passers.

I am what I would call "comfortably and cautiously optimistic". I am worried until I see us face a real challange offensively. We have already faced some wicked D's, so I am not not so worried about this.

Get the turnvovers.. apply pressure to the QB.. I think we are just as competitive as the Pats or Colts, but we'll see.

At 5-1 though, it's hard to call anyone a hack. I had to laugh at someone who said the Pats were "not that good". Perhaps they (and the Broncos) are "not as good as their fans think".. but you don't get 5-1 being "bad".

We'll see how it all pans out tho. :)

BroncoFox

Valiant
10-18-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm sure Chief fans would gladly take 3 or 4 one point wins right about now .... this thread is ridiculous.

The Broncos 5 wins have been by a combined 54 points.

The Broncos 1 loss was by 1 point.

The Broncos haven't beat a good team?

Up until the 1st game KC was going to be a great team on this board.

Jax is 4-2 and on KC boards worldwide we were clowned on for losing to them by 1 point .... KC did us 5 better.

Carolina has a horrible record now, but they are the NFC Champs. In fact, i don't remember too many here calling them a "horrible" team after they came out of KC with a win.

SD ( I know noone respects them here ) but they are the only other team in the AFC West besides Denver that can realisticly think about the playoffs right now.

When people put out the total records of all the teams we've beaten they forget to factor in that 5 of the losses on that cumilitave record are losses to Denver.

No, it is amazing how each year donk fans apply different logic when it is there team in the front seat... All of last year the Chiefs were lucky, they did not beat anybody, they all played teams with bad records... But yet, you so try and build up your donk team as a contender... When they are average at best...

Mile High Mania
10-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Dammit quit being nice and reasonable.... Be a huge ignorant homer like taco and the majority of the mane...

But the fact is, You guys lost to the only team with a winning record... It might have been week two, but does that nullify week 1's game... No.
We will see how good of a team Denver is when they play and lose to teams that are well-balanced and have defenses.... Like you said you beat the teams you played, and have not beaten the ones with winning records...

We can all spin it any way we like. The fact of the matter is this - they beat a Carolina team that was at the time only missing Smith and Davis, but Foster replaces Davis pretty well and Colbert has been a stud rookie.

I'm not going to discount that win at all. They (like KC) had high hopes for 2004 and for whatever reasons they have fallen apart. Fact is - Denver beat them.

This squeaking by thing is what's funny ... it sounds like you put a lot of merit in margin of victory and what Denver's offense has or has not done. You discount the production from the defense and point to what Holmes did as a blueprint to expose Denver. Guess what - Holmes is the only guy to have done that and Holmes will do that to any and all defenses.

You are also putting a lot of weight on that 1 point Jags loss. Denver had that game won until Q fumbled in the redzone in the closing minutes. It happens - that was one of those games that they should have won, but lost.

You keep pointing to "they lost the only game they've played against a team with a winning record". Well, hell ... they were 1-0 at the time.

Let me ask you this ... look down the rest of the scheudle and let me know which games you deem as respectable teams Denver faces. I just want to know in advance.

@Cincy / Falcons / Texans / @Saints / Raiduhs / @Chargers / Dolphins / @KC / @Titans / Colts

Home games against the Falcons / Texans / Raiduhs / Dolphins / Colts - I wouldn't be shocked to see them go 5-0 against those teams, 4-1 is more likely and acceptable. Raiduhs and Dolphins suck. Texans' defense is soft and the defense will contain Carr and company. The Falcons will be tricky, but at home - advantage Denver. Indy has issues on defense and will be tough to beat anywhere.

They have 5 road games - Cincy could be tough, the Saints have weapons, but no defense. Chargers - should be able to sweep, same for KC - but that game at Errohead is always tough. Titans and Colts will be tough.

So, tell me the "credible" teams remaining on the schedule.

Valiant
10-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Oh geez i never looked at it like that before. I can't believe we were able to accept the week 1 win with a clear conscious. If they called all games off with a "few minutes left" then i imagine you guys would have won yesterday? And "Only" lost to us by 3 ( another non-win for us ).

I've never been this down before about a 5-1 Denver team.

I think we should just forfeit all of our previous wins.

Everyone knows that wins only count if they are pretty.

Funny... Your other fans are using that for an excuse for the week two loss... Agian the spin...

Garcia Bronco
10-18-2004, 03:49 PM

Well if you back out the Denver game the Chargers are 3-2....that's a winning record....or did you want to hold us beating them against us. Chiefs could have a winning record...if you guys would just hold up your end that could be another team with a winning record. Btw..the Chargers...yeah they have a 2 game lead on you....with your old coach...

Mile High Mania
10-18-2004, 03:52 PM
No, it is amazing how each year donk fans apply different logic when it is there team in the front seat... All of last year the Chiefs were lucky, they did not beat anybody, they all played teams with bad records... But yet, you so try and build up your donk team as a contender... When they are average at best...

It's typical fan role-reversal and the wins/losses justify either stance. I'm not applying different logic. What have I said that isn't true? I haven't proclaimed the AFCW crown is Denver's to be had and I haven't said they'll make it to the SB.

I'm simply stoked about the play of the defense and how it has helped Denver's offense get through the first 6 games while they work out the kinks.

Denver has 5 wins with a 2 game lead - they are 3-0 in the AFCW and their only loss was a 1point loss on the road thanks to a Q fumble in the final minutes in the redzone. A freaking FG on that 3rd down would have been the ball game.

Denver still has issues, I don't deny it.

Jake still scares me at moments, but you can't argue with his stats as the starter in Denver since 2003. 17 games - 14 wins - 28 TDs - 12 INTs That's nice for 17 games.

I still want to see what Ruben can do against a team with a tough run defense, Carolina and Oakland are pretty soft.

Defense wins championships... so we'll see how this theory works. They have a long road to go and 10 games left. A LOT can happen.

Valiant
10-18-2004, 03:59 PM
We can all spin it any way we like. The fact of the matter is this - they beat a Carolina team that was at the time only missing Smith and Davis, but Foster replaces Davis pretty well and Colbert has been a stud rookie.

I'm not going to discount that win at all. They (like KC) had high hopes for 2004 and for whatever reasons they have fallen apart. Fact is - Denver beat them.

This squeaking by thing is what's funny ... it sounds like you put a lot of merit in margin of victory and what Denver's offense has or has not done. You discount the production from the defense and point to what Holmes did as a blueprint to expose Denver. Guess what - Holmes is the only guy to have done that and Holmes will do that to any and all defenses.

You are also putting a lot of weight on that 1 point Jags loss. Denver had that game won until Q fumbled in the redzone in the closing minutes. It happens - that was one of those games that they should have won, but lost.

You keep pointing to "they lost the only game they've played against a team with a winning record". Well, hell ... they were 1-0 at the time.

Let me ask you this ... look down the rest of the scheudle and let me know which games you deem as respectable teams Denver faces. I just want to know in advance.

@Cincy / Falcons / Texans / @Saints / Raiduhs / @Chargers / Dolphins / @KC / @Titans / Colts

Home games against the Falcons / Texans / Raiduhs / Dolphins / Colts - I wouldn't be shocked to see them go 5-0 against those teams, 4-1 is more likely and acceptable. Raiduhs and Dolphins suck. Texans' defense is soft and the defense will contain Carr and company. The Falcons will be tricky, but at home - advantage Denver. Indy has issues on defense and will be tough to beat anywhere.

They have 5 road games - Cincy could be tough, the Saints have weapons, but no defense. Chargers - should be able to sweep, same for KC - but that game at Errohead is always tough. Titans and Colts will be tough.

So, tell me the "credible" teams remaining on the schedule.

No, its the fact that almost every single one of the donk fans on here said that the Chiefs barely squeeked by each week and they were not that good of a team last year during the 9-0 stretch... But when the same logic is placed on your team, the majority of you get your panties in a wad... Just look at the influx of donk posters on here in the last ten posts that normally do not frequent the board...

The FACT is the majority of you cannot stand the same excuses you were giving us last year on the record being a fluk and not being that great of a team.... Every thing I have stated in this thread was credible comments by YOU(donk fans) last year.... But when said now..."A win, is a win...","doesnt matter how we won...","who cares about their record, we won..." Your fans can dish it out, but not take the same responses when Denver is squeeking by....

As for the credible teams... As the season is playing out...

Falcons--- depending on which vick you face
Texans--- killed the rest of the afc west so far
Saints--- dangerous team
Chargers--divisional game away
Dolphins-- type of game the donks love to lose
KC---divisional game away(even though drougns? is in your favor because Chiefs D has not seen him yet...)
Colts-- always tough...

I see you losing 6 of these 8..

Mile High Mania
10-18-2004, 04:06 PM
No, its the fact that almost every single one of the donk fans on here said that the Chiefs barely squeeked by each week and they were not that good of a team last year during the 9-0 stretch... But when the same logic is placed on your team, the majority of you get your panties in a wad... Just look at the influx of donk posters on here in the last ten posts that normally do not frequent the board...

The FACT is the majority of you cannot stand the same excuses you were giving us last year on the record being a fluk and not being that great of a team.... Every thing I have stated in this thread was credible comments by YOU(donk fans) last year.... But when said now..."A win, is a win...","doesnt matter how we won...","who cares about their record, we won..." Your fans can dish it out, but not take the same responses when Denver is squeeking by....

As for the credible teams... As the season is playing out...

Falcons--- depending on which vick you face
Texans--- killed the rest of the afc west so far
Saints--- dangerous team
Chargers--divisional game away
Dolphins-- type of game the donks love to lose
KC---divisional game away(even though drougns? is in your favor because Chiefs D has not seen him yet...)
Colts-- always tough...

I see you losing 6 of these 8..

I hear what you're saying about rival fans coming in and piling it on when Denver is 5-1 and the Chiefs are struggling. I'm not a fan of the "drive by smack talker" as most will not be here when the road gets rocky.

Smack talk b/t rivals is just that... I recall bashing the Chiefs from time to time, esp during the Denver loss in 2003, but overall I don't recall personally saying they were a fluke. The offense kicked ass and the team won 13 games in spite of the defense.

I'm not getting worked up by any of the comments being thrown out towards Denver's record, but I do like throwing comments back and forth and seeing where it goes.

I've read some comments on the Mane and there are a lot of folks talking SuperBowl and how they are looking past many teams... it's too early to get too geeked up. However, there is great promise.

The last two seasons, Denver has jumped out to nice starts and in
2002, they missed the playoffs. Last year - we all know what happened.

I wouldn't spend too much time wasting bandwidth on posters that are newbies just here to stir shit up... I wouldn't.

I'm looking at the 8 "tough" games that you have for Denver and your guess that they will lose 6 ... I think you're high, but I will hold you to those 8. There are 10 games left, so if Denver wins a majority of those games including any of the 8 ... I'll be watching to find out what you say about the paper tiger.

Oh - one other thing... does Denver need to blow out these 8 teams or are 3 point wins all right against the better teams in the league. Yes, I am being a smartass, but I am asking a legit question. :)

Valiant
10-18-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm looking at the 8 "tough" games that you have for Denver and your guess that they will lose 6 ... I think you're high, but I will hold you to those 8. There are 10 games left, so if Denver wins a majority of those games including any of the 8 ... I'll be watching to find out what you say about the paper tiger.

Oh - one other thing... does Denver need to blow out these 8 teams or are 3 point wins all right against the better teams in the league. Yes, I am being a smartass, but I am asking a legit question. :)

I am happy with more then 10 points... With you defense games should not be close at all... As for the losing six out of eight, we will see.. This will be Offenses test... Drougns(?) running style is begging for injury(hope not on my FF team)... And you will be not only facing some well-rounded teams, but teams with good defenses...

I am seeing a minimum of four losses but am sticking with the six...If you all happen to win six out of the eight and cruise into the playoffs, good for you.... Still one and out though...

----------

As for the Chiefs...the worst record you can have is 8-8... If we are not going to the playoffs then i want a top five draft pick...screw this 18-25th shit... (Either win out or tank the season...)

Mile High Mania
10-18-2004, 04:26 PM
I am happy with more then 10 points... With you defense games should not be close at all... As for the losing six out of eight, we will see.. This will be Offenses test... Drougns(?) running style is begging for injury(hope not on my FF team)... And you will be not only facing some well-rounded teams, but teams with good defenses...

I am seeing a minimum of four losses but am sticking with the six...If you all happen to win six out of the eight and cruise into the playoffs, good for you.... Still one and out though...

Good deal... who knows what will happen. As I've said, I'm incredibly stoked with the 5-1 record. I love the defense - but they need more turnovers and some scoring. I like Ruben and hope that he continues to do well.

At some point, he'll run against a tough defense and won't have the gawdy numbers that he's had through 2 games. Timing is everything and he's faced two weak defenses.

The main point of all my comments is this - the team has issues, but despite that they are 5-1 and improving. That's a sign of good things down the road hopefully.

I really like what Coyer is doing with this defense and I really love the additions of Bailey, Lynch and Williams. Lynch is a guy that most wrote off and he is a guy that any defense would love to have on their team.

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

easymobee
10-19-2004, 02:21 AM
This thread is so sad .... it deserves a bump.

Page 1 here we come.

alanm
10-19-2004, 02:29 AM
Is this post supposed to make me feel better about KC being in last place?Didn't work did it? I think it's purpose WAS to remind us that the Chiefs are in last place. But I've come to the realization that the Chiefs are just snakebit with bad luck this fall.:banghead::cuss::deevee:

PastorMikH
10-19-2004, 09:01 AM
I have got to say that my dissapointment has nothing at all to do with how Denver or the other AFC West teams are doing. I was looking for solid playoff contention with a hopeful SB appearance from the Chiefs. I was thinking that if the D got fixed, it doesn't matter how the other AFCW teams do, we will be better. As it stands now though, we join the ranks of Buffalo and Cincinnati in being only one game ahead of the last place Dolphins in the AFC. To me this is completely unacceptable for our team and I am taking this last loss as a major kick in the groin right now because it pretty well kills our hopes at a playoff berth.

jspchief
10-19-2004, 09:25 AM
This thread is stupid.

The Broncos are 5-1 with their one loss being a fumble in the red-zone. They could easily be 6-0.

The Chiefs are 1-4 and we tried to give away our one win.

Chiefs fans need to STFU when it comes to talking down on the Donkeys. We're the f*cking toilet paper of our division right now. We have no right saying a team that is running away with the division is weak. Their D is good. You can't deny it. They added Bailey, Lynch, and Williams to improve the weak part of their D. All three guys have paid off huge. Their offense has a bum for a QB that still wins more than he loses there. Now that they've figured out that Droughns is a good RB, they'll have enough offense to to win games with their D.

Denver was better than us last year, and they've made moves to improve. We haven't. Right now they're playing like winners and we're playing like losers. I can still hate them, and I hope their plane crashes on their next road trip, but any Chiefs fan that is ripping the Donkeys this year is a f*cking blind Homer.

Bowser
10-19-2004, 09:28 AM

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Whew! That was great! You should take that act on stage!

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2004, 09:37 AM
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Whew! That was great! You should take that act on stage!At least they could probably beat the (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )in' Jags.

Okay, maybe not, but they did beat the Panthers.

Seriously. The only teams we can laugh at are the Dolphins, Bears, and Bills.

Bowser
10-19-2004, 09:39 AM
At least they could probably beat the (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )in' Jags.

Okay, maybe not, but they did beat the Panthers.

Hey now, don't make this about our suckisity. I amused at Garcia Bronco thinking "The Fake" would roll his team past the Pats and Colts!

PastorMikH
10-19-2004, 09:50 AM

I guess we could look at the bright side. If we look at the entire NFL we can laugh at the 49ers, Chicago, Arizona, Carolina, and Tampa Bay too. Say, that means we could be picking in the top 10 doesn't it? Eh, we'll just blow the pick anyway.