PDA

View Full Version : I'm still thankfull we have Vermeil.

Red Dawg
10-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Maybe that sounds stupid but since he's been here our team is at least exciting to watch offensively and it's getting better to watch derfensively because of Gunther. This season may have gone bad but we are not your typical 1-4 team. We are loaded with talent, 13-3 last year and just have not put it together in the fourth quarters. Can't blame all this on Vermeil. We've had lucky catches made against us, bad officiating out the azz and injuries. This is our year of hard knocks.

Players I want to stay next year:
Woods
Wesly
Holmes
Gonzo
The entire O-line for DV's last chance
Hall
Fujita
Barber
Warfied
Horn
Morton
Dalton
Allen
Junior
Simms
Richardson
Green
Bo
Blaylock
Maz, if he can stay healthy
Biesel

Pretty much all starters but McCleon. I say this because they won't upgrade. This is Vermeils squad, win lose or draw.

Bob Dole
10-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Ahem.

Larry Johnson is missing from your list. Bob Dole is fairly certain it was an oversight.

ROYC75
10-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Ahem.

Larry Johnson is missing from your list. Bob Dole is fairly certain it was an oversight.

And to set the record straight, he was a 1st round pick in 2003 ! :thumb:

Baby Lee
10-18-2004, 01:58 PM
This is our year of hard knocks.
So, you just landed on this planet sometime this year??

Rausch
10-18-2004, 01:59 PM
I definitely see upgrades comming this offseason. I think Dalton's play lessens our need to draft/sign a big name DT, but it's obvious we needa MLB and CB.

And good one's...

We've got a few sleeper WR's on the bench but we MUST get someone in here, young or vet, who can make plays and be a true no 1 WR and threat...

Baby Lee
10-18-2004, 02:00 PM
This season may have gone bad but we are not your typical 1-4 team. We are loaded with talent.
Having a load of talent that goes 1-4 is a far worse reflection on DV than not having the talent would be.
Vermiel's mystique is his profile, and this profile has produced a team of losers. Harsh word, but accurate. They find new and innovative ways to lose each week, despite clearly superior talent.

ChiTown
10-18-2004, 02:02 PM
I wish someone would kick Al Saunders square in the ass. His offense has been putrid for most of the season. It's basically cost us at least 2, if not 3 of our 4 losses.

kc1977
10-18-2004, 03:45 PM
I wish someone would kick Al Saunders square in the ass. His offense has been putrid for most of the season. It's basically cost us at least 2, if not 3 of our 4 losses.

No Kidding. I think he was in St. Louis just long enough to pick up too much from Mike Martz.

BigChiefFan
10-18-2004, 03:49 PM
I really like Vermeil, too, BUT he's made some head-scratching decisions this year.

I do feel for him though. The guy is having a rough year and he's still a class-act in my book.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2004, 03:51 PM
IM sorry but Woods and Wesley are overrated people.....When is the last time they made play?? Wesley is OK, but Woods needs to go..

TEX
10-18-2004, 03:52 PM
I definitely see upgrades comming this offseason. I think Dalton's play lessens our need to draft/sign a big name DT, but it's obvious we needa MLB and CB.

And good one's...

We've got a few sleeper WR's on the bench but we MUST get someone in here, young or vet, who can make plays and be a true no 1 WR and threat...

We also need a RT who can pass block... :shake:

Bearcat
10-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Having a load of talent that goes 1-4 is a far worse reflection on DV than not having the talent would be.
Vermiel's mystique is his profile, and this profile has produced a team of losers. Harsh word, but accurate. They find new and innovative ways to lose each week, despite clearly superior talent.

Yeah... every team has injuries, bad calls, lucky catches against, etc... while the luck has obviously swung the other way from last season, a team loaded with talent shouldn't be 1-4 with the chances we've had to put games away.

Rausch
10-18-2004, 05:19 PM

I'm not ready to give up on Welborne yet, but by the offseason I'll probably be saying the same thing... :(

Hammock Parties
10-18-2004, 05:22 PM
IM sorry but Woods and Wesley are overrated people.....When is the last time they made play?? Wesley is OK, but Woods needs to go..

I think Woods broken leg affected him more than people think. I think he's lost all his agressiveness to go over the middle and knock out a WR. Having GROB as his coach for 3 years didn't help either.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2004, 05:39 PM
I think Woods broken leg affected him more than people think. I think he's lost all his agressiveness to go over the middle and knock out a WR. Having GROB as his coach for 3 years didn't help either.

Yea.....it might have..i have kind of wondered the same thing. To be honest, ive never really thought he was that great even in the late 90's in his prime....hes OK, but we were dumb to resign him.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Yea.....it might have..i have kind of wondered the same thing. To be honest, ive never really thought he was that great even in the late 90's in his prime....hes OK, but we were dumb to resign him.

I have to disagree. Woods was quite a hitter in the late 90s.

GROB should be re-hired as the Chiefs safety coach. He got great production out of Woods and Wesley.

Inspector
10-18-2004, 08:16 PM
I have to disagree. Woods was quite a hitter in the late 90s.

GROB should be re-hired as the Chiefs safety coach. He got great production out of Woods and Wesley.

I betcha Grob is just itchin to get back to KC, his favorite town.....

Rausch
10-18-2004, 08:22 PM
I betcha Grob is just itchin to get back to KC, his favorite town.....

And I hope he gets Azz cancer and his colon falls out...

suds79
10-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Lets see... Am I thankful for Vermeil?

He's looking at 1 winning season in 4 years. Am I thankful? No. I'm sorry but I was expecting more.

Exciting or not, I think we'd all rather opt for "winning" football.

Vermeil was the one who talked to his buddy coach at North Carolina who talked him into drafting Ryan Sims. The next 3-4 players right behind him turned out to be really good players.

Thanks a lot Dick.

chiefsfan1963
10-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Daddy: Nice thread! Keep up the good work. :thumb:

This is a good team. A lot of character. I'm very proud to be a fan of Vermeil's Chiefs!!!!!! I believe NE and Tenn. both had one off year during their stretch of playoff years (for NE it was between SB's). We can still pull this season off. We have to win 10 of the remaining 11 games to do it! If we don't this year we'll do it next year!!!!!! Watch out pseudo fans!!!!!!!!! Chiefs are coming to get ya!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

Phobia
10-19-2004, 12:13 AM
"Pseudo fans"? WTF does that mean? This is a thread about Dick Vermeil. I don't know about you, but I have no investment in Dick Vermeil. I was a fan of the Chiefs LONG before he came and will be LONG after he cashes his last Lamar Hunt signed paycheck with all the zeros. DV is failing miserably. Blind loyalty isn't going to change that.

Pants
10-19-2004, 12:25 AM
I love Dicky V... I don't know why we are losing so much. We got fvcked over on a couple games and Dick did make ONE bad call, but I'm still happy we got him.

Logical
10-19-2004, 12:46 AM

We would have one if we would have just franchised him.:harumph:

Pants
10-19-2004, 12:51 AM
We would have one if we would have just franchised him.:harumph:

1st - we already have an RT who can block.
2nd - Tait wasn't worth THAT kind of money.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2004, 12:59 AM
1st - we already have an RT who can block.
2nd - Tait wasn't worth THAT kind of money.

He's more worth the money than Johnnie Morton has been worth what he's getting.

The loss of Tait has had a bigger impact on this team than people thought.

Pants
10-19-2004, 01:05 AM
He's more worth the money than Johnnie Morton has been worth what he's getting.

The loss of Tait has had a bigger impact on this team than people thought.

Yeah, in Game 1 it did. Welbourne is coming off a very good O-Line, he just had to get used to our scheme. He's good now, soon he'll be awesome. Morton is playing better with every game.

chiefsfan1963
10-19-2004, 10:29 AM
"Pseudo fans"? WTF does that mean? This is a thread about Dick Vermeil. I don't know about you, but I have no investment in Dick Vermeil. I was a fan of the Chiefs LONG before he came and will be LONG after he cashes his last Lamar Hunt signed paycheck with all the zeros. DV is failing miserably. Blind loyalty isn't going to change that.

if not this year definitely next year i will take great pleasure to see you eat your words. every morsel.
:shake: :shake: :cuss:

Frankie
10-19-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm still thankfull we have Vermeil.

YES. :thumb: I love the guy. To be fair though, I do blame him for thinking a great offence and no 'D' was gonna be enough to do it. Hiring GRob absolutely wasted the last two seasons when our 'O' operated at its peak. Now cracks are developing there and it reflects on our record. I believe our 'D' is going to be a good one before this year's over but it may be moot for this season.

kc1977
10-19-2004, 11:33 AM
I love Dicky V... I don't know why we are losing so much. We got fvcked over on a couple games and Dick did make ONE bad call, but I'm still happy we got him.

One bad call?

Please.

Oh Dickie we love you!!!! We love you Dickie...nothing is your fault!!! Yes, Dickie, you of the .500 career record, we love you!!!!