PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's trade deadline may give us a hint...

shaneo69
10-18-2004, 02:58 PM
as to how much longer King Carl will be here. If he holds on to Larry Johnson, despite the fact that he has caused nothing but problems for Vermiel the last two years, then CP may be staying once DV retires after the 2005 season, which also may be Priest's last season.

If Carl trades LJ, he will be helping the team chemistry short term, but it would be a clear signal that he isn't worried about 2006 and beyond.

Bob Dole
10-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Who the hell is he going to trade him to at this point?

Garcia Bronco
10-18-2004, 03:01 PM
There will be no trade.....even if you did want to trade him...nobody wants him.

Bob Dole
10-18-2004, 03:06 PM
There will be no trade.....even if you did want to trade him...nobody wants him.

Get your own material.

2bikemike
10-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Tomorrows trade deadline tells us nothing! I don't expect anything to happen tomorrow.

I suspect that if the season continues the way its going CP and DV may decide to hang it up at seasons end especially DV.

shaneo69
10-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Who the hell is he going to trade him to at this point?

Think outside the box, Senator.

Check out these stats from Detroit's game against G.B. yesterday...

J. Harrington---4 rushes, 12 yards
A. Pinner---6 rushes, 7 yards
S. Bryson---3 rushes, 6 yards
Kevin Jones---2 rushes, 5 yards

This was against the same Packer defense that gave up 48 points and how many yards to Chris Brown on Monday night?

I would offer LJ for Charles Rogers straight up. They're sick of Rogers' injuries, we're sick of LJ's attitude. They've got Roy Williams, Tai Streets, and Az Hakim, so it's not like they're hurting at wideout without Rogers. The Lions have a chance to make the playoffs but won't do it without a decent rushing attack. We need a potential #1 WR. If Rogers gets healthy, we hit the jackpot. If not, he's another SlyMo but no worse than LJ.

Flame on.

BigChiefFan
10-18-2004, 03:18 PM
I think we already know the answer to this. Carl won't do a damn thing.

Chiefnj
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Carl ain't going anywhere. Hunt likes him. He makes money and fields a competitive team.

David.
10-18-2004, 03:20 PM

This was against the same Packer defense that gave up 48 points and how many yards to Chris Brown on Monday night?

I would offer LJ for Charles Rogers straight up. They're sick of Rogers' injuries, we're sick of LJ's attitude. They've got Roy Williams, Tai Streets, and Az Hakim, so it's not like they're hurting at wideout without Rogers. The Lions have a chance to make the playoffs but won't do it without a decent rushing attack. We need a potential #1 WR. If Rogers gets healthy, we hit the jackpot. If not, he's another SlyMo but no worse than LJ.

Flame on.

BAHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHHHHAHA

Brock
10-18-2004, 03:21 PM
I would offer LJ for Charles Rogers straight up. They're sick of Rogers' injuries, we're sick of LJ's attitude.

That's great, except the guy with the bad attitude can still play.

jAZ
10-18-2004, 03:21 PM
That would be a wet dream for Chiefs Fans.... It could never happen.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2004, 03:22 PM

Flame on.

Even with his injuries, there is zero chance that Detroit is going to give him up when they invested a draft pick in Kevin Jones.

Plus, Johnson really isn't that good. We'd be lucky to get a second rounder for him at this point.

If the Chiefs don't start firing some asses in the scouting and personel department then I don't care where they draft because it will be another screwed up pick.

tk13
10-18-2004, 03:23 PM
We traded down and gave our first round pick to the Lions so they could draft Kevin Jones...

David.
10-18-2004, 03:24 PM
That would be a wet dream for Chiefs Fans.... It could never happen.

I want LJ to stay, and I would be all for that trade. The fact is, the lions just drafted Kevin Jones in the first round this year and Charles Rogers is a HUGE talent, like..Randy Mossish. He's THAT good. It would NEVER happen

Brock
10-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Charles Rogers is a HUGE talent, like..Randy Mossish.

Ha.

Hoover
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
If we trade LJ it better be for a draft pick, not someone elses trash

Wile_E_Coyote
10-18-2004, 03:30 PM
LJ does not want to be traded now, If the Chiefs move to LA he could become a movie star

David.
10-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Ha.

okay, he's got the potential to be like Randy Moss.

Bob Dole
10-18-2004, 03:36 PM
If we trade LJ it better be for a draft pick, not someone elses trash

Bob Dole would almost bet that someone would be willing to trade us a fresh bag of poop for him.

ChiTown
10-18-2004, 03:38 PM

IMO, the only thing that's Randy Moss-ish about Rogers is his height. Beyond that, he's shown zippety to be given that type of title.

Brock
10-18-2004, 03:39 PM

So do I. I have just never had the opportunity to prove it.

Bob Dole
10-18-2004, 03:40 PM
So do I. I have just never had the opportunity to prove it.

In what round were you drafted?

Brock
10-18-2004, 03:42 PM
In what round were you drafted?

Larry Johnson.

Bob Dole
10-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Larry Johnson.

Then you deserve to be starting.

David.
10-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Bob Dole would almost bet that someone would be willing to trade us a fresh bag of poop for him.

keep it up :shake: things might....happen

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1996/news/9609/19/dole.tumbles/dole.falls.jpg

:)

BigChiefFan
10-18-2004, 03:45 PM
To make a trade at this point, would be like the tail wagging the dog. Too little. Too late.

Phobia
10-18-2004, 03:52 PM
The most impressive deadline day trade in the past 20 years was when Carl gave up a 5th rounder to da Bears for Bong Morris.... if that is any indication what is likely to happen tomorrow. Nothing at all.

shaneo69
10-18-2004, 04:03 PM
The most impressive deadline day trade in the past 20 years was when Carl gave up a 5th rounder to da Bears for Bong Morris.... if that is any indication what is likely to happen tomorrow. Nothing at all.

Hey, don't forget about Wayne Simmons in '97, the catalyst of our 2nd half defensive domination that year, and one of the causes of our meltdown in '98.

Phobia
10-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Hey, don't forget about Wayne Simmons in '97, the catalyst of our 2nd half defensive domination that year, and one of the causes of our meltdown in '98.

You're right. Wayne Simmons was an impressive acquisition if for no other reason than he was punished more for drunken driving than any other player in the history of the NFL.

Rausch
10-18-2004, 04:35 PM
You're right. Wayne Simmons was an impressive acquisition if for no other reason than he was punished more for drunken driving than any other player in the history of the NFL.

Lew Bush isn't done yet...

2bikemike
10-18-2004, 05:34 PM

Warfield must be bringing up a close 2nd!

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2004, 05:36 PM

This was against the same Packer defense that gave up 48 points and how many yards to Chris Brown on Monday night?Kevin Jones is a rookie, stupid ass.

Flame on.Charles Rogers was the #2 overall pick of the 2003 draft, stupid ass.

Skip Towne
10-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Lew Bush isn't done yet...
Shouldn't Warfield get dishonorable mention?

Bob Dole
10-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Kevin Jones is a rookie, stupid ass.

Charles Rogers was the #2 overall pick of the 2003 draft, stupid ass.

Isn't there some sort of penalty for using "stupid ass" twice in the same post?

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Isn't there some sort of penalty for using "stupid ass" twice in the same post?If you weren't such a stupid ass you'd know there isn't, stupid ass.

Bob Dole
10-18-2004, 06:41 PM
If you weren't such a stupid ass you'd know there isn't, stupid ass.

Thanks for the clarification.

Skip Towne
10-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Psicosis is getting lippy again. Memphis must have beat Tulane or whatever patsy they played Saturday.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2004, 07:50 PM
what a chance to acquire talent in the offseason - nope, we are good enough now.... we dont have any money

we had a chance to do something during draft - nope

we had a chance to trade in the offseason - nope

we had a chance to slap a franchise tag on tait so that we would be in control and have a chance for compensation - nope

we had a chance when ricky william retired - nope

we had a chance when McCardell started holding out- nope

we had a chance when the CB McKenzie from green bay held out - hope

what makes anyone think that we will do anything at all now???

Sure-Oz
10-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Nothing will happen this season for aquisitons, i want to see some guys brought in and signed next year, a LB, CB and #1 WR, weather it is in the draft or FA. If we sit again, then it really shows this team dont care, and priest will retire, i bet he waits to see what we do in the offseason.

Rausch
10-18-2004, 08:39 PM
what a chance to acquire talent in the offseason - nope, we are good enough now.... we dont have any money