PDA

View Full Version : Wichita Planeteers,,,Bagpipe info????

farmerchief
10-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Anybody know of a "bagpiper" in or near the Wichita area? My son is a senior at Chaparral High School, and their last home football game is this Friday night, and I thought it would be "neat" to hire a bagpiper to lead them out onto the field. It is senior night, so thought it might make it more special. Someone at our school did this about 7-10 yrs ago, but the administration and coaches have changed since then, so nobody knew whom to contact. I thought someone on here from around Wichita may be able to lead me in the right direction.
thanks,
Jim Coady

Brock
10-18-2004, 05:33 PM
http://www.homestead.com/scotsocw/groups.html

Here are some Wichita bagpipe guys. A guy from the Shrine played at my father's funeral in Wichita, but I cannot recall his name right now.

Phobia
10-18-2004, 05:35 PM
http://www.homestead.com/scotsocw/groups.html

Here are some Wichita bagpipe guys. A guy from the Shrine played at my father's funeral in Wichita, but I cannot recall his name right now.
How disappointing! I saw that you had posted on this thread and clicked in expecting to laugh at farmerchief's expense....

Jeesh. :shake:

Brock
10-18-2004, 05:41 PM
How disappointing! I saw that you had posted on this thread and clicked in expecting to laugh at farmerchief's expense....

Jeesh. :shake:

You are a bad person. :shake:

farmerchief
10-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Thanks, Brock, I'll try to contact some of them tonight. Greatly appreciated!
Jim

Skip Towne
10-18-2004, 05:58 PM
You are a bad person. :shake:
We already knew that.

RedNFeisty
10-18-2004, 06:23 PM
There is a man that plays in North RiverSide Park as well. He stands in the grass way west of the animals. You can see him there at various times standing all alone playing his bagpipes, very surreal.

farmerchief
10-18-2004, 07:06 PM
There is a man that plays in North RiverSide Park as well. He stands in the grass way west of the animals. You can see him there at various times standing all alone playing his bagpipes, very surreal.

Dop you know his name?

Zebedee DuBois
10-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Bagpipes are best when heard from a distance.

You know the next line. :p

Phobia
10-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Dop you know his name?

It's Pat O'Malley

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2004, 08:36 PM
My nephews both play the pipes. But that's near Topeka.

RedNFeisty
10-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Dop you know his name?

No, sorry, I normally just sit back and admire from afar.

farmerchief
10-19-2004, 05:47 AM
Well, the place Brock told me about seemed to be the most encouraging, but one person contacted me, and told me he was busy, and he would forward my email on to a few others,,,but so far, nobody has gotten back with me......anybody else know anybody in the Wichita area that might help?
thanks,
Jim

the Talking Can
10-19-2004, 06:01 AM
My nephews both play the pipes. But that's near Topeka.

Gage Park??

(just kidding...)