nychief
10-18-2004, 08:25 PM
for conditional 7th rnd. pick.

Demonpenz
10-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Stephen davis out three to five weeks

Sure-Oz
10-18-2004, 08:28 PM
wtf, how cheap was that? I would've given up our 7th to have him here.

Demonpenz
10-18-2004, 08:30 PM
man it would have been nice to have rice stretch the defense

Hammock Parties
10-18-2004, 08:31 PM

The only thing Rice is stretching these days is his NFL career.

Joe Seahawk
10-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Old news..;)

He'll be like a player/coach to our young recievers..

Good move IMO!

Joe Seahawk
10-18-2004, 08:34 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3091728

Skip Towne
10-18-2004, 08:37 PM
A conditional 7th. It doesn't get much lower than that. How far the mighty have fallen.

Hammock Parties
Joe, how does this help seattle? Are they having problems on third down or near the goalline? That's the only area where Rice is going to help.

Inspector
CHOW MEIN NOODLES TO SPARROWS

I thought this was some sort of game show or something.....

eh.. nevermind.

Joe Seahawk
10-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Joe, how does this help seattle? Are they having problems on third down or near the goalline? That's the only area where Rice is going to help.

Well fag, he will be the first veteran that Koren or D-Jack has ever really played with other than Ingraham. I think his value will be tremendous at practice and the wealth ogf knowledge he has with the west coast offense doesn't hurt either. Not only that but he's pretty dang good at catching footballs..

Sure-Oz
10-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Well fag, he will be the first veteran that Koren or D-Jack has ever really played with other than Ingraham. I think his value will be tremendous at practice and the wealth ogf knowledge he has with the west coast offense doesn't hurt either. Not only that but he's pretty dang good at catching footballs..
No shit, a 7th rounder is pretty much worthless 90% of the time may as well give it a shot, rice still can catch the ball and his presence alone should help all those WR's.

Miles
10-18-2004, 08:50 PM
There is also a rumour going aroung that K Robinson is going to get hit with a 3 game suspenstion. No idea if its true.

cdcox
10-18-2004, 08:53 PM
wtf, how cheap was that? I would've given up our 7th to have him here.

Our team plays about 2000 mi too far east for him to play for KC.

Hoover
10-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Now they can deal K Robinson to the Chiefs for LJ since Shaun Alexander is a FA next year.

Thus giving the Chiefs three WRs who drop balls at critical times during big games

Joe Seahawk
10-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Rice traded to Seahawks

By JANIE MCCAULEY
AP SPORTS WRITER

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Jerry Rice got his wish Monday night when the Oakland Raiders traded the NFL's most prolific receiver to the Seattle Seahawks.

The trade will be finalized after Rice undergoes a physical and the league gives its approval. The Raiders did not say what they received in return for Rice, but two Internet sites reported it was for a conditional seventh-round draft pick.

Rice told his teammates Monday he was headed to the Seahawks, and signed autographs for some before leaving.

Calls to Seahawks' spokesmen were not immediately returned Monday night.

"Yeah, we knew," fullback Zack Crockett, one of Rice's longtime friends, told The AP in a phone interview. "Right now, everything is so fresh. This is a real sad day. You lose a lot of close friends as well. We'll definitely miss him."

Rice asked for a trade last week as his role on the Raiders diminished. Earlier Monday, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said the team was looking into a possible deal.

"I would think it would give any team a boost, but really it's up to the Raiders," Holmgren said. "It's really their call."

Holmgren was Rice's offensive coordinator from 1989-1991 with the San Francisco 49ers, and Holmgren was the Niners' quarterbacks coach starting in Rice's second season with the team in 1986.

Seattle was a logical destination for Rice because he knows Holmgren's offense and the Seahawks might need a depth receiver.

The 42-year-old Rice wanted to play for a team that will give him a greater role. He has gone without a catch three times this season, including in Sunday's 31-3 loss to Denver, but still believes he can be productive.

"They know each other, and Mike was interested in Jerry before he signed with the Raiders," Rice's agent, Jim Steiner, said Monday afternoon. "He will know the offense if that's where he ends up, and he'll fit right in."

Rice is the NFL's career leader in catches and touchdowns and the only receiver ever to play after age 40. He has only five receptions for 67 yards and no touchdowns this year. Last season, he led the Raiders in catches (63) and yards receiving (869).

He claimed the Raiders never told him to expect a diminished role, and he would embrace the chance to play elsewhere because he "can't go out this way." He said earlier this year that this would be his last season, but backtracked later.

Rice left the Raiders' facility early Monday afternoon to handle family responsibilities.

"Nothing," Rice said of any developments. "My day is done. I'm going home to take care of some kids."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/apfootball_story.asp?category=6420&slug=FBN+Raiders+Rice

Joe Seahawk
10-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Heh, there's a lot of steaming piles of crap in that last post.. :-/

tk13
10-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Heh, there's a lot of steaming piles of crap in that last post.. :-/
-Click "edit"
-Click box that says "Disable smilies"
-Learn to catch a football and try out with the Seahawks.

teedubya
10-19-2004, 06:24 AM
it will be fukcing weird seeing Rice in a Seahags jersey...

KC Jones
10-19-2004, 06:26 AM

Is he doing warm up excercises now too?

Seriously, the guy is 42 years old and there's not a DB in the league that couldn't cover him today. Ok, well maybe he could catch one over the top of McNugget, but he probably couldn't get any separation.

the Talking Can
10-19-2004, 06:30 AM
Jerry Rice is now Fried Rice........ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......whew

Frankie
10-19-2004, 07:18 AM
If a total has been could have SOME value, I'm POed that the Chiefs repeatedly GIVE AWAY players. Did you see how Favors played against us last week? What did we get for him a few years ago? Can anybody remember?

ZepSinger
10-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Old news..;)

He'll be like a player/coach to our young recievers..

Good move IMO!

That's what I was thinking. His knowledge alone of the position makes him worth the pick even if he never steps foot on the field IMO.