PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holder Question

BIG_DADDY
10-19-2004, 09:53 AM
How many of you are most likely going to renew as a season ticket holder. How many of you may give up your tickets considering price increase and the latest turn of events. Just curious.

I meant to poll this but I'm half asleep this morning. Guess I will have to keep track

Saulbadguy
10-19-2004, 09:54 AM
I'm renewing. I'll continue to renew, unless they institute a personal seat license fee. Then it would be too expensive.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2004, 09:57 AM
I won't decide until February. A lot can happen between now and then.

If I lived in KC, I would keep them. But THIS front office and team, to drive 5 1/2 hours one way.....6-8 times a year, I don't know...if I can continue it much longer.

Phobia
10-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Prediction:

More than half the season ticket holders on this board will say they're going to give up their tickets with prejudice (ie: writing Carl a nastygram).

Nobody will write Carl and most of them will still have their tickets next year even though we'll either draft a bust or trade away all our picks.

Wilson
10-19-2004, 09:58 AM
A group of us (one being my wife) have been owners of season tickets for the last 7 years.

We've all decided that it's time to take some off from investing the money in these tickets.

Given the counless other activities we can be doing with this kind of money (not including parking, beers, food, merchandise) we just decided that the time was right.

When there is a change in managment I'll get 2 more tickets for me and the Misses but it's break time for the Wilson Family.

I'm the customer and I'm no longer satisfied with the results.

Wilson
10-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Prediction:

More than half the season ticket holders on this board will say they're going to give up their tickets with prejudice (ie: writing Carl a nastygram).

Nobody will write Carl and most of them will still have their tickets next year even though we'll either draft a bust or trade away all our picks.

No nasty gram here. No tickets next year, the money has already been allocated elsewhere.

Abba-Dabba
10-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Prediction:

ROFL

nmt1
10-19-2004, 10:04 AM
A group of us (one being my wife) have been owners of season tickets for the last 7 years.

We've all decided that it's time to take some off from investing the money in these tickets.

Given the counless other activities we can be doing with this kind of money (not including parking, beers, food, merchandise) we just decided that the time was right.

When there is a change in managment I'll get 2 more tickets for me and the Misses but it's break time for the Wilson Family.

I'm the customer and I'm no longer satisfied with the results.

Now here's someone who's actually doing something. I admire your resolve.

BigRedChief
10-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Prediction:

As long as my gambling winnings keep rolling in I'll keep giving it to King Carl and Lamar. I thnk no one here is fuzzy on where I stand on King Carl. :rolleyes: but they are my team and will continue to be my team even if they go 0-16. My big ass butt will continue to be in the stands rain, snow, sleet etc.

Stinger
10-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Started getting season tix 3 years ago. I am in it for the long haul. But I think it would a great idea for many of you older season ticket holders to give up your tickets as a matter of principle, to show carl we mean business :D.

Wilson
10-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Now here's someone who's actually doing something. I admire your resolve.
Actually I doubt the 4 of us will have much impact on the overall situation. I'm just handling this like I would any other investment. If the Chiefs were stock, I'd sell them now.

Age is a factor at OL, QB, RB (only Holmes in this case) and WR and there with the exception of OL there virtually no depth and they say they have no money and well, the draft results speak for themselves.

Granted I know as much about football as any other smuck on this board but their immediate future doesn't look good to me.

The biggest factor however is that we want to take some European Vacations while were still relativly young and this money would make things much easier.

BigRedChief
10-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Started getting season tix 3 years ago. I am in it for the long haul. But I think it would a great idea for many of you older season ticket holders to give up your tickets as a matter of principle, to show carl we mean business :D.

I like that idea. Maybe make it a part of the firecarlpeterson.com website. :p

I'm on the 50 yard line but in the upper deck and near the top of the stadium. Havent moved down in 2 years. Maybe this year...:hmmm:

Molitoth
10-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Can't give up front row seats, will never get them back.

jspchief
10-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Can't give up front row seats, will never get them back.

That answer sums it all up. People will keep their tickets because it takes decades to significantly improve your seats. Everyone is hoping the other guy won't renew, so they can get a little closer to where they want to be.

By the way, anyone that is serious about not renewing, let me know. I'd like to buy the rights to two tickets in the lower deck. I'm willing to give a pretty handsome amount for the renewal rights, based on the location.

Skip Towne
10-19-2004, 11:51 AM
As long as my gambling winnings keep rolling in I'll keep giving it to King Carl and Lamar. I thnk no one here is fuzzy on where I stand on King Carl. :rolleyes: but they are my team and will continue to be my team even if they go 0-16. My big ass butt will continue to be in the stands rain, snow, sleet etc.
This post has ben forwarded to the IRS.

|Zach|
10-19-2004, 05:03 PM
My family will have our tickets next year and in years to come.

wutamess
10-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Please cancel your subscriptions...

I need to get closer tot he 50 on the LL about 25-30 rows up.

I think this board is a great place to start.

I'm currently on the 5YL opposite the tunnel.

gblowfish
10-19-2004, 06:07 PM
The thing you have to remember is the fans always outlive the hired help. That includes, players, coaches and front office. My family has endured Jack "Worlds of Chiefs" Steadman, Jim "The Pinhead" Schaff, John "Sleepy" Mackovic (the NFL's only narcoleptic head coach), Paul Wiggin (man, was he wiggin!), Both Daddy and Baby Gansz, Swiss Family Schottenheimer, etc etc etc...

The point is the employees come and go. The only constant is the Hunt Family and the fans. That's the bottom line.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-19-2004, 06:31 PM
I wish I lived closer to KC. I'd be <b>MORE</b> than happy to take some of those tickets off your hands.

I had a ball at the Texans game. Sure, I wish we would have won, but I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. Try only seeing the team once every three or so years (if that much). I can't imagine anything beating the Arrowhead experience.

Dartgod
10-19-2004, 06:40 PM
We considered not renewing this year. It had everything to do with the price and nothing else. In the end, the game day experience won out.

Next year I'm sure we'll face the same decision. If we do not renew, it won't be a form of protest. it will be because we simply cannot afford them anymore.

dtebbe
10-19-2004, 07:12 PM

AMEN Brother! Please, please, please cancel your seats. I'd like to move to the lower level! I may be wearing a bag, but I'd be on the lower level wearing a bag by-god!

DT

PS, if you really are giving up your seats, PM me and if they are good I'll make it worth your while to trasfer them to me ;)

BigRedChief
10-19-2004, 09:37 PM
This post has ben forwarded to the IRS.
Frigging Traitor...WTF! I'll get you for this....I'm giving your home phone # to her...
http://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/6/ugly1.jpg

BigRedChief
10-19-2004, 09:39 PM

I'm in the frigging upper deck 3 rows from the top. He is not worthy. He has good seats. I am the worthy one. I humbly :wayne: before you...

Skip Towne
10-19-2004, 09:46 PM

You're currently at the 5 yd. line and aspire to get to the 50? I ran that through Google and you will achieve your dream sometime in 2136.