PDA

View Full Version : Something I've been thinking about concerning Chief drafts.

wutamess
10-20-2004, 01:06 PM
We're now in year 15 of the 5 year plan of Carl Peterson.
We're now in year 4 of the 3 year plan by Dick Vermeil.
Next year we'll be in year 16 and 5 respectively.

Through all 16 years only one thing has remained the same.
Our talent scouts.

They're the only constant that has produced bad draft after worse draft.
How many more drafts and/or draft picks do we have to waste before we start looking at the root of the problem.

Of course it can be Carl, but it can't be ALL CARL. He listens to the talent scouts which monitors athletes, their performance, and abilities.

Just thought I'd bring it out since I've never seen or heard it mentioned anywhere.

shaneo69
10-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Lynn Stiles has been the VP in charge of Player Personnel, overseeing both college and pro scouting, from '92-'96, and then again from '01-present. He's probably the first guy that should be held accountable.

But he's worked with Vermiel since 1970 at UCLA, and Peterson joined them in 1972, so don't expect friends to fire friends.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Lynn Stiles has been the VP in charge of Player Personnel, overseeing both college and pro scouting, from '92-'96, and then again from '01-present. He's probably the first guy that should be held accountable.

But he's worked with Vermiel since 1970 at UCLA, and Peterson joined them in 1972, so don't expect friends to fire friends.

So is this why these guys like to draft out of the PAC-10 and ignore the SEC schools??

BigChiefFan
10-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Definitely the scouting department should share in the blame, but AGAIN, they work for Carl. If it hasn't been very sucessful for 16 years, he should have acted before now. Carl can't wiggle out of this one.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Definitely the scouting department should share in the blame, but AGAIN, they work for Carl. If it hasn't been very sucessful for 16 years, he should have acted before now. Carl can't wiggle out of this one.

IM glad to see tha National Media is starting to pick up now on just how bad that Carl has drafted in the past 16 years.......Hopefully as this season rolls along and gets worse......the pressure on him will become more and more intense...